“Terrible experience”

Sam's Town Hotel & Gambling Hall
Ranked #57 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 31 January 2010

I was gambling at Sam's Town, in which I have done in the past. My leather jacket was stolen off the back of my chair that I was sitting in. I am aware now that the area has declined, doesn't appear to be as safe as it was a few years ago. When I reported it to security, they didn't even offer to do a report, I mentioned checking surveilance, they just blew me off. Of course, the chances of finding it two days later after talking to the director were 0, he did have me file a report. I was most agitated when Icame back to MI without a coat on one of our coldest nights. They seemed to treat it like it was just a normal coincidence and didn't offer to do anything about it. I always where it is a little safer.

Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank m82846
Write a ReviewReviews (1,858)

Reviewed 26 January 2010

It's been awhile since I've been to Sam's Town and Las Vegas. I always liked Sam's Town for gambling, but prior to this visit, never stayed there. There were a few reasons for my choosing Sam's Town, one being I was traveling with my teenage son, and I know ST is family friendly. Consistency of the room cleanliness and value was another reason. I do get comped at Harrah's properties, but chose to pay a reasonable discounted rate at ST over a comp room at Balley's, which would not have been as family friendly.

We enjoyed the lazar light show in the atrium. The sports deli is set up with a great view of the sports book, and we ate there and found it reasonable with excellent portions.
All service in every area of this hotel was excellent and sincere. Parking was easy as well, as was check in & check out.

The rooms were basic, but spotless. They need to upgrade the pillows to better quality and more of them. Other than that, all was very good.

Recommended for families with kids.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2009

Come play with me at Sam's Town. The machines are new and interesting. Some of the bars have cheap beer when I am relaxing and watching sports. If some one will buy me a beer then maybe I can go to a classy bar.
The bowling alley is state of the art. Next time I will bring my ball.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2009

We recently stayed at SAMS TOWN IN LAS VEGAS FOR THE WNFR RODEO.
and from the time we arrived until we departed, the staff treated us like we were ROYALTY.
All the Casino,Resturant, and Hotel staff were FRIENDLY AND ATTENTIVE!
I can assure you that anytime , WE ARE VISITING LAS VEGAS WE WILL BE STAYING AT SAMS TOWN!!!!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dinker43
Reviewed 16 December 2009

Clean, Friendly, more cash back for your money, Great Services!!!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank blake55264
Reviewed 16 December 2009

I recently stayed at Sam's Town LV. I hadn't been there for two years. I found the Dealers, Cocktail Waitresses and other personnel to be welcoming and friendly. I quickly remembered why I have gone to Sam's in the past.

Personnel I had not seen in some time remembered my name and told me they missed me. They were very interested in what I had been doing since we last saw each other.

This plus 20X odds on craps and very friendly machines are the reason I will go to Sam's again, the next time I go to Las Vegas. I recommend all my friends to try this Hotel and Casino. Several have taken me up on this and have become regulars at Sam's Town LV.

I hope this helps you make your decision. THE STRIP this is NOT!!!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Barke
Reviewed 15 December 2009

This is the best vacation experience that I have ever had. Sam's Town and the NFR were all that anyone could ask for.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
Arizona Charlie's Boulder
#161 of 265 in Las Vegas
The Orleans Hotel & Casino
#58 of 265 in Las Vegas

Been to Sam's Town Hotel & Gambling Hall? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sam's Town Hotel & Gambling Hall

Address: 5111 Boulder Hwy, Las Vegas, NV 89122-6001
Region: United States > Nevada > Las Vegas
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#5 Best Value Hotel in Las Vegas
#26 Casino Hotel in Las Vegas
#54 Romantic Hotel in Las Vegas
#56 Family Hotel in Las Vegas
Price Range: £43 - £121 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Sam's Town Hotel & Gambling Hall 3.5*
Sam’s Town Hotel and Gambling Hall is owned by Boyd Gaming Corporation. Sam’s Town features 12 restaurants, an 18-screen movie theater, 56-lane bowling center, a 12,000 square foot entertainment center and 25,000-square-foot Mystic Falls Park with waterfalls, footpaths, mountain & nightly laser shows Mystic Falls Indoor Park. The property has a 133,000-square foot casino with 40 table games, 3,000 slot and video poker machines, a bingo parlor, keno lounge and newly renovated poker room and race and sports book. We also feature newly remodeled rooms and effective Jan. 1, 2018, in-room coffee for all rooms. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sam's Town Hotel & Gambling Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sam's Town Hotel & Gambling Hall Las Vegas