Sam's Town Hotel & Gambling Hall
Wynn Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
US$388
US$204
Official Site
  • Pool
Luxor Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$113
US$107
US$67
  • Restaurant
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$215
US$198
US$153
US$188
US$144
  • Restaurant
The Mirage Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$112
US$254
US$203
  • Restaurant
Signature at MGM Grand(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$215
US$406
US$362
1,898 results
All reviewsbowling alleylaser showmovie theatermystic fallslight showoff the stripboulder highwayindoor parkfirelight buffetb connected cardpanda expressfree shuttlewater showvideo pokerprime ribminute driveslot machines
Reviewed 12 September 2010

I am writing this, not as a shareholder or affiliate of Sam's Town Hotel and Casino, but a satisfied customer. Far too often the only reviews you read about an establishment, motel or any dealing with a commercial entity is that of total negativism.

Living on the East Coast does not afford us the opportunity to visit the Las Vegas area nearly as often as we would like. We do seem to make the journey at least twice a year. In the past, my wife and I have had the opportunity to stay in many of the various hotels that the Las Vegas area has to offer. We have both agreed that the best all around value for our money is at Sam's Town Hotel and Casino, hands-down! That is why for the past 4 1/2 years, our choice accommodations was one less detail to be worked out prior to departing.

The courtesy/friendliness of the entire staff begins months prior to actually arriving and continues throughout our stay. The amenities at the hotel are as accommodating as any of the overpriced establishments located in other portions of Las Vegas. The pride and professionalism displayed by each and every employee is overwhelming. The friendly and courteous servers in the restaurants to the dealers at the tables, exudes an attitude of "Welcome to Our House." In the past years, I have taken friends as well as business associates to Las Vegas; I have recommended/booked their rooms without hesitation at Sam's Town Hotel and Casino. I have never been disappointed.

The gaming facilities have always been spotless; the effort of the staff to keep their assigned areas clean is simply amazing even on high-traffic weekends. The sports booking area is without question, one of the best in Las Vegas. The hotels security office maintains a constant friendly presence thus giving a sense of comfort while in the casino. The many restaurants are very much accommodating for any need and just about all tastes.

Even though Sam's Town Hotel and Casino is not on the beaten path, the hotel does afford its guests the opportunity to see the other sites and casinos in the Las Vegas area with a complementary shuttle service to and from the Fremont Street area as well as strip.

Would I recommend Sam's Town Hotel and Casino? Absolutely! Do I plan on staying at Sam's Town Hotel and Casino during my next vacation? Again, Absolutely!

KK-Florida

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kbk9105
Reviewed 31 August 2010

PROS: Large, tons of places to eat and things to do. Pool is awesome. Minimums are low. Restaurants are very nice and not too inexpensive. The wilderness area is really cool and relaxing. Security was very quick when we needed them. Rooms were really cool and the whole place seemed clean and inviting.

CONS: slots were not loose at all, didn't win almost anything and quit playing after a short while. Movie theatre is very expensive. While the place has like 10 bars all over the property, none of them refilled our large drink cups for half price, which we were led to believe. It seemed like everyone there was comped a stay like us, and that lead to a lot of riff raff and teenagers all over the place. There were fifteen year olds smoking (what I dunno) by the pool and kids going up and down the hallways screaming. We had to call security because the kids next door were messing with the door that connected our rooms several times. When we brought it up to their parent, she was drunk and said they were just looking for their friend. I know this place has a lot of cool activities, but I have literally never seen so many kids and teenagers and I work at a high school so I am including that.

OVERALL: The place is nice and I'd stay there if Boyd comped me a room, but I think I'll stick to the strip if I had to pay for a room. Next time I will visit though.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jake122683
Reviewed 10 August 2010

My husband and I stayed at Sam's Town during the beginning and ending legs of our trip through Las Vegas. The location was excellent and the renovated portion of the hotel was really updated, clean and nice, although they did charge too much for internet access. I slept great on the comfy bed and would give the hotel an A rating based upon on our first night in the renovated section. However, our second stay in the older section was a completely opposite experience. The bed was one of the worst I'd ever slept on and the room was very undesirable, not to mention that the people in the next room were noisy and kept banging things around their room. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you're planning a visit to Vegas as it was a fantastic value, but only if you stay in a renovated room.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MooreFamilyPhxAZ
Reviewed 7 August 2010

If you go to Vegas and are tired of packs of crowds on the strip, Sam's Town is a perfect remedy. Rooms are pretty nice, the staff has always been great, and they have a bowling alley that is open all night.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dodg1988
Reviewed 1 August 2010

We booked a room for last night from a promo that I received by e-mail. The room was ready and pleasant when we arrived. We decided to take our 2 kids bowling, and after waiting half hour we got a lane with bumpers. Only one side worked, but a maintenance worker showed us how pull the other side up. When we were almost finished (3 frames to go) we got kicked off our lane to make room for a league. I asked if we could just finish our game, but we couldn't. The lane that was available didn't have bumpers that worked. So we had to finish our few frames without bumpers. Then the man at the desk complained at us for messing with the old lane bumper. By the time we left, the league still had not arrived. The rest of the night was fine. However, at about 8am the next morning we got a knock at the door. It took me a minute to get across the room to answer it, but the door was flung open before I could get there. There was a woman standing there with a notepad and namebadge apologizing about entering our room. I was stunned, as she was, and I forgot to get her name. My husband WAS asleep, my kids were getting dressed. I felt this was extremely inappropriate for the staff to open the doors to rooms that are occupied. Check out time is noon, and it was only 8:00. I asked for the hotel policy at the front desk, and the man who helped me was very nice. He called the housekeeping supervisor and was informed that they were checking rooms to find unoccupied rooms that they could clean early. However, he blamed me for the mistake because I had not placed the “do not disturb” sign on the door, and I had not put the night-time lock on. So, it was my fault that the staff barged into my room with me and my children. Unacceptable.
After packing up and leaving the room, we decided to visit the pool. It was 11:50am (checkout time is noon), but we were locked out of the pool. Our key would not work! It worked for me about 2 hours prior, but not at 10 minutes before checkout time.
This was our first visit to Sam’s Town and we are locals. After this experience, we don’t think we will return, or advise anyone else to visit your hotel. I saw that the hotel was very busy, but there are plenty other places to visit.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family