This was by far the best hotel and casino in my opinion in downtown Las Vegas! The reviews I read prior to going were very deceiving so before you decide against booking at The D please know the entire hotel has been renovated so there are not anymore of the "old" rooms. Comfort is huge for me so I called ahead of time to find out if the mattresses were new and was told they were.
My experience was not perfect so before I give my praises, I'd like to point out the frustrations I experienced as well in hopes it helps The D improve.
1. The check in process was kind of irritating for some travelers in our party. My mother waited until after 4pm to get into her room and my father was tired and furious.
2. The "Resort fee" that I was charged after checking out was VERY irritating. I booked my room online and was told my dues had covered all hotel fee's. After checking out I noticed a charge to my credit card for over $120 worth of "Resort fee's". SO BE CAREFUL IF YOU BOOK THIS ONLINE AND IT SAYS YOU ARE PAID UP!!! THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY THIS SAME $20/DAY RESORT FEE.
3. The elevators take a while during peak hours so I used the stairs a lot. I found it inconvenient that the exit spits you out where the employees take breaks near the street. At night there is NO way I'd take the stairs by myself.
Now here are the good things :)
1. There is a stage right outside the casino so you dont have to go far to experience live music at night.
2. Loud upbeat music plays on the casino level all day every day- LOUD and I LOVE it! It could be 6am in the morning and as soon as I get to that floor I'd start dancing and smiling. No other casino/hotel downtown offered this same atmosphere. Some may complain but to me if you gripe about that you don't need to vacation in Vegas anymore.
3. The beds were very comfy, I never had a problem falling asleep. I slept in 2 different rooms during my stay- one on the stage side and one on the street side. Even though I could hear the band playing when I was on the stage side- it didnt prevent me from falling asleep.
4. Staff was very friendly
5. GREAT FOOD! We did not eat at the Andiamo Italian & Steakhouse but we did eat every day at the D Grill. The food was awesome, great breakfast, lunch, or dinner at good prices. Coney Island had yummy chili dogs & french fries! Last was Mcdonalds which was very convenient for cokes and small snacks when you didnt want a chili dog.
6. Payout was really good on slots. I did not play any table games at this casino but the slots paid very nicely. So nicely that we earned enough rewards to pay for a trip back to The D for free with NO resort fees.
We will return again to this hotel in March to celebrate Spring Break- looking forward to this trip and hope it's as good as the 1st experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The D Las Vegas Casino Hotel is located on the iconic Fremont Street in downtown Las Vegas, owned and operated by Derek and Greg Stevens. The D delivers a fresh, energeticattitude and fun atmosphere that has become synonymous with the Neapolitan area. The D Las Vegas Hotel provides a haven of rest and relaxation just a few steps away from the city's popular attractions like the Fremont Street Experience, Neon Museum, and Zip-lining. The property has recently completed extensive renovations with 638 remodeled contemporary rooms, showroom with daily entertainment, multiple dining restaurants, Vegas' only two-level casino, and numerous high-energy bars. Whatever the reason for your visit, The D Las Vegas Casino Hotel is an excellent choice for your stay in Las Vegas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The D Casino Hotel Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fitzgeralds Casino And Hotel
- Fitzgeralds Hotel Las Vegas
- Ramada Las Vegas
- Fitzgeralds Las Vegas
- The D Casino Hotel Las Vegas