The D Casino Hotel Las Vegas
Marriott's Grand Chateau(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$192
Marriott
Great 4.5/5
Wynn Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
US$1,092
US$911
US$241
US$121
  • Restaurant
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$115
Caesars Palace(Las Vegas)
US$183
US$123
  • Pool
Tuscany Suites & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$61
Groupon.com
US$255
US$203
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
The Mirage Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$612
US$487
2,713 results
All reviewsfremont streetcorner king roomconey islandsigma derbydancing dealersdarren banksderek stevensvue barfloor numberfremont experiencestay downtowngolden gatefun atmosphereyounger crowdtable gameshigh floorslot machines
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I'm not a big gambler, but I joined the (free) D's Players Club and played some 25 cent slots in the past there. For the past year or so I've been getting online offers to stay at The D. My Sunday - Thursday offer was stay one night at Club Rate ($22) and get one night free. The best thing about this is there was NO RESORT FEE at all on ANY night. Anyway, I added 2 more nights at $22 per night (and NO resort fee) for a TOTAL of $66 for 4 nights ($16.50 per night!). Wait, it gets better - this hotel rebranded from the old Fitzgerald's to The D two years ago and underwent a COMPLETE TOP-TO-BOTTOM RENOVATION as well!

The hallways and rooms were done up in bold red and black accents and looked nicely trendy. The room had new (very) comfy beds, furniture, and HDTV. The bathroom was like an average hotel. Newish (but not brand new) fixtures.

Generally, the housekeeping was good, however, I had to make 3 deductions. First, when I arrived, the bathroom floor wasn't completely swept and there was soap scum in the soap holder (1). These problems disappeared after the first night. Second, at night, I could see the window was covered in fingerprints (2). Finally, one day, my rooms didn't get cleaned (3). I was able to get replacement towels easily, however, by phoning the front desk.

The new D Grill (coffee shop) is one of the best in Las Vegas, in my opinion. Gorgeous modern surroundings, fantastic French toast (real maple syrup), and typicial excellent low Fremont Street prices.

Finally, the casino itself is perhaps the most fun in Las Vegas with the party vibe, dancing dealers, and a bar & TV screens as far as the eye can see. If you prefer a quieter scene, head upstairs one floor where you'll still find slots that take real coins, 50's and 60's music, and the old-fashioned Sigma Derby horse racing machine (get there early to get a seat).

The D is good but not perfect (yet). Bottom line, for $16.50 a night (and NO resort fee), I'll stay there again on my next solo trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
8  Thank HeyNow-Hank
Sarah C, Manager at The D Casino Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. Our Club D rewards do add up quickly! We apologize for the lack of housekeeping in your room and we will be forwarding your comments to our Director of Housekeeping. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed your time in the casino and the D Grill! Your feedback is appreciated and we hope you'll join us again soon!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

They gave me an awesome room on the 34th. floor. This is the tallest hotel/building in downtown Vegas. The room had a pillow top mattress and flat screen tv. Next time when I stay here I would like to have the same room, I appeared to be recently renovated.

Room Tip: The views from the 34th. floor are awesome!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank THINGS2LIVE4
Sarah C, Manager at The D Casino Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

We're happy to hear you enjoyed our newly remodeled rooms and the view! We appreciate the feedback and hope you'll join us again soon!

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

The D was surprisingly nice. The casino was good. Gogo dancers inside and out. The rooms however I felt were a little subpar. I know they're newly remodeled but I felt they could have done more w the bathrooms. Parking: use your room key to get in and out of the parking structure. Overall its worth it.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Art M

We appreciate the feedback from your stay and we're pleased to hear you had a great stay overall. We hope you'll join us again on your next trip to Vegas!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is the worst hotel I've been to in Las Vegas. I usually stay at the larger big-name Strip hotels, however since I was only in Vegas for 1 night I thought I'd venture out of my comfort zone, and save a few bucks in the process. Big mistake! First of all the room was filthy. The hotel smells like an ashtray, and clearly needs some serious updates! The worst part of the stay was the noise. I could hear the music from the Fremont Street Experience into the late hours. Clearly no attempt has been made at sound-proofing the rooms! I'm not a light sleeper, and it was so loud it literally kept me from sleeping. Lastly, there were some serious plumbing issues. Every time somebody in the next room would run water (presumably running the sink, showering etc) there was a loud knocking sound that made you think the pipes were going to burst through the walls. I would avoid this place like the plague!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank gonzousn

We apologize for the state of your room during your recent visit. The lack of housekeeping is completely unacceptable and we'll be forwarding your review to our Director of Housekeeping. We are always happy to move guests to a different room away from the music on Fremont Street, per availability. Thank you for the review and again, we apologize for the trouble you encountered.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My only big negative thing to say is about the "Resort Fee" if they want $20.00 more for the rooms each night just put it in the price. I'll be coming back in two weeks and will stay at a another hotel on Freemont that doesn't charge this "additional" fee for services that I don't use. The room was nice enough for what I paid and my breakfast at D Grill was fine. Nice, clean and cheap place to stay to bad the "Resort Fee" gets in the way. Oh watch out when using the Wi-Fi they do their best to trick you into paying an additional 9.99 - don't click the D hotel click access code and enter the code you will need to get from the hotel operator.

Room Tip: There is live music on Freemont street late into the night, if that is an issue for you ask for a room on the other side of the building.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Mike S

Thank you for sharing your concern regarding the resort fee. The resort fee is not included in the overall price for online ranking purposes, and you will find the same to be true for other hotels in Vegas. We have no intention of tricking our guests into paying for WiFi, we've included the code in the key packet at check-in. We're glad to hear you enjoyed the other aspects of your stay and your review is appreciated.