The D Casino Hotel Las Vegas
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$120
US$69
US$208
US$146
US$318
US$259
  • Restaurant
Wynn Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
US$310
US$264
Travelocity
  • Pool
Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$90
  • Restaurant
Tuscany Suites & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$56
  • Pool
Paris Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$113
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$112
Luxor Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$72
  • Restaurant
Downtown Grand, an Ascend Collection Hotel(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$59
AscendHotels
2,715 results
All reviewsfremont streetcorner king roomconey islandsigma derbydancing dealersdarren banksderek stevensvue barfloor numberfremont experiencestay downtowngolden gatefun atmosphereyounger crowdtable gameshigh floorslot machines
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The D is pretty cool, a bit dated but cool. Casino is busy and noisy but everyone is pretty nice and having a fun time. We stopped in downstairs and had a couple true Coney Islands and they were yummy. Just as remembered from downtown Detriot. It would be great if they would add more nostalgic photos on the walls to give it a better feeling. Staff is very friendly and fast.

Room Tip: select higher floor rooms as Freemont St gets pretty loud late at night
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank wblu
Sarah C, Manager at The D Casino Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

We appreciate the feedback and we're glad you had a chance to try the delicious coney dogs at American Coney Island of Las Vegas! We're glad you found the staff to be helpful and friendly and hope you'll join us again on your next trip to Vegas!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We had 60 people for a conference here and Erin was just the best! She took care of everything and went over and above for us. The rooms were surprisingly nice and the food at the Grill and Andiamo (voted best steakhouse in Vegas, 2014) was all great! If you have a meeting in Vegas, call Erin!

Room Tip: Great views of old downtown. This in the Fremont St Experience.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we're pleased our sales team was able to help your conference run smoothly. We're glad you enjoyed the rooms and the dining options we have here and we hope you'll think of us for your next event in Vegas!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We checked into the hotel on the 3rd of july and spend 3 nights. We had the rental car and checked it into the valet parking around 3pm. It went great and check in was a breeze. We had a king suite on the 31st floor. They offered up a suite but was going to cost more money so we kept what we had. We went up to the room and noticed there was no fridge (was broken I guess). I went down to the desk and told them I needed one for my insuin. They quickly had a fridge brought up so that issue was solved. I called down to the desk and had the air con fixed as well. They were quick to fix any issue we had. Also the room was spotless and fresh linen daily.
The casino may be a bit loud but hey its Vegas and kind of like the pary feel to everything!! The dealers were real polite and helpful for my wife who has never played cards much, she enjoyed it. I never went home rich but in the end broke about even!!
Freemot street we enjoy at night so so crowded as the srtip, to much walking there for me have a few issues with the feet. We went to see Ron White on the strip and it was so busy couldnt even move. The room was all we needed and want to thank the D for a great holiday and the Valet parking guys were Awsome!! They really work running after the cars. My next trip to Vegas will be there at the D for sure. Thanks again for the fridge it soved a big issue for me!

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the upper levels, Freemont goes until 1AM.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JefeArdrossanAB
Sarah C, Manager at The D Casino Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

We're glad you had a great time during your stay and we're pleased to hear we were able to solve any issues you had quickly and effectively. Fremont Street is a lot of fun and we're happy you agree! Thank you for the review and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We chose the D for part of our May vacation to Las Vegas. They are very clean rooms with reasonable rates.Of course they are right in the heart of old Vegas,so it is very convenient for seeing the sites.
The only downside is the location and size of the swimming pool.

Room Tip: Higher floors seem to have less water pressure in the showers.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank kd r

We appreciate the review and we're pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us! We are still making upgrades throughout the hotel, and the pool is on the short list. Thank you for the feedback and we hope you'll join us again on your next trip to Vegas!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I'm not a big gambler, but I joined the (free) D's Players Club and played some 25 cent slots in the past there. For the past year or so I've been getting online offers to stay at The D. My Sunday - Thursday offer was stay one night at Club Rate ($22) and get one night free. The best thing about this is there was NO RESORT FEE at all on ANY night. Anyway, I added 2 more nights at $22 per night (and NO resort fee) for a TOTAL of $66 for 4 nights ($16.50 per night!). Wait, it gets better - this hotel rebranded from the old Fitzgerald's to The D two years ago and underwent a COMPLETE TOP-TO-BOTTOM RENOVATION as well!

The hallways and rooms were done up in bold red and black accents and looked nicely trendy. The room had new (very) comfy beds, furniture, and HDTV. The bathroom was like an average hotel. Newish (but not brand new) fixtures.

Generally, the housekeeping was good, however, I had to make 3 deductions. First, when I arrived, the bathroom floor wasn't completely swept and there was soap scum in the soap holder (1). These problems disappeared after the first night. Second, at night, I could see the window was covered in fingerprints (2). Finally, one day, my rooms didn't get cleaned (3). I was able to get replacement towels easily, however, by phoning the front desk.

The new D Grill (coffee shop) is one of the best in Las Vegas, in my opinion. Gorgeous modern surroundings, fantastic French toast (real maple syrup), and typicial excellent low Fremont Street prices.

Finally, the casino itself is perhaps the most fun in Las Vegas with the party vibe, dancing dealers, and a bar & TV screens as far as the eye can see. If you prefer a quieter scene, head upstairs one floor where you'll still find slots that take real coins, 50's and 60's music, and the old-fashioned Sigma Derby horse racing machine (get there early to get a seat).

The D is good but not perfect (yet). Bottom line, for $16.50 a night (and NO resort fee), I'll stay there again on my next solo trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
8  Thank HeyNow-Hank

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. Our Club D rewards do add up quickly! We apologize for the lack of housekeeping in your room and we will be forwarding your comments to our Director of Housekeeping. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed your time in the casino and the D Grill! Your feedback is appreciated and we hope you'll join us again soon!