“It's not the Fitz anymore...”

The D Casino Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #89 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I have stayed here thru three incarnations of this hotel. From the original Fitzgerald's, to the Fitz and now it is the D. There is a HUGE difference in the character and vibe you get when entering the D. The cheesy leprechaun decor is gone and has been replaced with a fresh look. The whole place has a look and feeling that is much different than most of the tired downtown casinos. They have a great bar to sit and have a drink called the Long Bar. There is the the outside bar if you want one of the trademark giant slushy drinks. The rooms have been redone and are very comfortable. I know you don't go to Vegas to sleep, but everyone needs to grab a couple of hours of sleep, and you might as well make it count! I have stayed at most of the downtown hotels, I would rate the D as one of the top two downtown hotels.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank FatncrankyTraveler
Sarah C, Manager at The D Casino Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for the kind words! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and the remodel. We hope you'll join us again soon!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This time my GF and I decided to stay 3 nights on the strip (that was good) and then 3 nights on freemont street. I chose the D. because they sent me an offer I could not refuse. Wish I did! Check in line long, person there said how about a room on the 9th floor, I said sounds ok to me, this is my first time here. The room was right above a stage over the awning on freemont st. Music blasting until about 2am every night! I had settled in so I thought how bad can it be. Air condition was so loud, I thought that would drown the band player under us, not the BASS. Next day we went to go down to their coffee shop to eat, uhhhh elevators were broken, yes we had to walk down 9 flights of stair's, then go outside to enter the coffee shop on mezzanine floor. Food was excellent I will say that!!! Also you have to walk outside in the street when you want to use the pool. No shade area's, went once. No room service. I liked playing penny vintage slot machine's that's about it...Oh the décor is way to much red for me, and I like red. I read all of these reviews before booking, and I thought one bad review out of like 8, it should be good. Our room was small too, very small. Arrrgggghhhh so frustrated. Oh yes, we left the room in the day late like noonish, cleaning person came only once???

Room Tip: Make sure your not in a room over freemont street side!!! looks like rooms either face south or nort...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Rosemarie A

Thank you for the review and it's unfortunate to hear you did not enjoy your stay. We are happy to move guests to a different room away from the music on Fremont Street, per availability. We apologize for the elevators being down during your stay, we're in the process of upgrading the elevators to improve their efficiency. The lack of housekeeping is unacceptable and we'll be working to insure it does not happen again in the future. We appreciate your feedback and will be using your comments to improve the overall experience for our guests.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Ok so if you want a clean bed decent room - you got it. The downstairs is totally an old smokey casino. We got a great deal, but I won't return. Nothing against it other than it is nothing compared to the other luxurious casino rooms we have stayed in while vacationing in Vegas. Valet parking is the only way to go with this building because the parking lot is straight up about 10 floors. It was not noisy-dirty-etc. My toilet chain broke - I fixed it myself.

But I flew from Orlando to Vegas ... I want so much more.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BeckL

We appreciate the feedback from your stay and apologize for the trouble you had with your room. We would have been happy to send maintenance to take care of the issue quickly. Thank you for the review.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

4th great stay, high energy atmostphere, friendly staff, clean rooms and elevators. long bar was great. pool deck needs power washing . pad chairs and bar service would be nice . louder speakers. resturant upstairs has huge portions, more then enough to share.was great to see rewards center open so early and they were all so helpful.would like to see more quarter machines and dollar and loose some or half of those pennie ones.

Room Tip: high floor for less ac noise, views are great from 8th floor up on the east side.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank vegas4ever1
Sarah C, Manager at The D Casino Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

We appreciate the feedback from your recent stay and we're pleased you had a terrific time! We will be taking your comments into consideration and hope you'll join us again soon!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at The D for the NHL Awards in June. I used to work at the hotel when it was Fitzgeralds and I was very disappointed in the hotel. First of all, all of the elevators didn't work and there were long lines to get on the elevator. Not good. Plus, I miss the great customer service that the hotel used to have. I stayed there 2 years ago when it was The D but this time something about customer service just wasn't right. very disappointed.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank JoanieLaw61

It's unfortunate to hear our level of customer service was not up to par during your visit. We are in the process of upgrading the elevators to alleviate the wait time for our guests. Your feedback is appreciated and we'll be using your comments to ensure similar sentiments are not felt in the future.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I had previous reservations at the VDara scheduled for a weeks stay. Due to poor service and lack of care I checked out the very next day from there and made reservations here at the D. Although I was hesitant on reserving this hotel as I am a very picky, service oriented person. I did not expect to much as I knew what I was getting myself into prior.

I was pleasantly surprised from the get go. Valet was quick and easy and right next to the FD. I had made the reservation at 9am and arrived to the hotel at 1045am. I was planning on storing my luggage until c/i time but the Guest Service Agent (Girl with the Hawaiian name - I humbly apologize for forgetting) at the FD was able to locate a room for me for immediate c/i. She apologized for the VDara experience I encountered and although she did not have to, she wanted to ensure I enjoyed my experience here. With amazement I did.

Rooms were fresh, spacious and clean. Location was excellent - right in the heart of downtown. Restaurant on property served delicious meals 24hrs.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank EzekielStone

We appreciate the feedback and we're glad you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us! Offering excellent customer service is our priority, and we're glad you found this to be true. We hope you'll join us again on your next trip to Vegas!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This stay at The D was different from most reasons people visit Vegas. We held a memorial for my mother who passed. The Banquet coordinator Alex Raiyn was super helpful and everything went without a hitch. The meeting room was perfect, the banquet food was excellent and the staff was wonderful. Hotel accommodations were good and the price was right. Plenty of activities in the area to choose from and easily accessible. They are still working on perfecting the elevator system but hey, what is a few minutes with family and friends, it is what you make of it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Bob S
Sarah C, Manager at The D Casino Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for the review and we're glad our sales team was able to help your event run smoothly. We appreciate the feedback and we're pleased you enjoyed your stay. We hope you'll think of us on your next trip to Vegas!