“Great find”

The D Casino Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #88 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Was looking for a hotel close to the World Market Center, found this and VERY HAPPY that I did. Would definitely stay here again. Close enough to walk if I wanted to and it wasn't July. Also had a wonderful breakfast in the D grill.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Sarah C, Manager at The D Casino Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for the review and we're glad to hear you had a terrific stay! We hope you'll join us again on your next trip to Vegas!

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here during my third EDC trip and for location and the cost it was great. We're right next to live band that opened up pretty much every night that weekend it was so much fun dancing on the street. Old Vegas is the way to go if you're looking to cut back on expenses. Pretty much use it as a crash pad but it was totally clean the entire time. Staff was friendly and the food was great. Will be back soon.Mecan from Enterprise was amazing and helped out that weekend.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank AngelicaPineapple
Sarah C, Manager at The D Casino Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

We appreciate the feedback from your recent stay with us. We're glad you found our staff to be helpful and you enjoyed the dining options we offer! Thank you for the review and we hope you'll join us again on your next trip to Vegas!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed at The D on the nights of July 24th and 25th. The management have done a great job renovating and reinventing the old Fitzgerald's (it will always be the 'Geralds to me and my sister!) The rooms are spacious with comfortable Serta mattresses. I would rank The D on par with the Golden Nugget as the swankiest downtown properties.

They have a great 8/5 Bonus Poker progressive game at the bar upstairs, and the Sigma Derby horse-racing game really does create a festive atmosphere. My casino host, Avery Atadero, helped me out with accommodations, called me after I checked in to make sure all went smoothly, and even took the time to seek me out on the casino floor. Thanks to him, I will be staying at The D again in August and taking part in the slots tournament.

Overall, I recommend The D if you will be staying downtown. I usually stay there or at the El Cortez and Fremont. I hope everyone found this review useful. Good luck during your time in Vegas!

John Sumners

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank johnsumnersinvegas

Thank you for the kind words and we're glad you had a terrific time with us! We're pleased you enjoyed the remodel and had a lot of fun in the casino. Your feedback is appreciated and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I have stayed here thru three incarnations of this hotel. From the original Fitzgerald's, to the Fitz and now it is the D. There is a HUGE difference in the character and vibe you get when entering the D. The cheesy leprechaun decor is gone and has been replaced with a fresh look. The whole place has a look and feeling that is much different than most of the tired downtown casinos. They have a great bar to sit and have a drink called the Long Bar. There is the the outside bar if you want one of the trademark giant slushy drinks. The rooms have been redone and are very comfortable. I know you don't go to Vegas to sleep, but everyone needs to grab a couple of hours of sleep, and you might as well make it count! I have stayed at most of the downtown hotels, I would rate the D as one of the top two downtown hotels.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank FatncrankyTraveler
Sarah C, Manager at The D Casino Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for the kind words! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and the remodel. We hope you'll join us again soon!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This time my GF and I decided to stay 3 nights on the strip (that was good) and then 3 nights on freemont street. I chose the D. because they sent me an offer I could not refuse. Wish I did! Check in line long, person there said how about a room on the 9th floor, I said sounds ok to me, this is my first time here. The room was right above a stage over the awning on freemont st. Music blasting until about 2am every night! I had settled in so I thought how bad can it be. Air condition was so loud, I thought that would drown the band player under us, not the BASS. Next day we went to go down to their coffee shop to eat, uhhhh elevators were broken, yes we had to walk down 9 flights of stair's, then go outside to enter the coffee shop on mezzanine floor. Food was excellent I will say that!!! Also you have to walk outside in the street when you want to use the pool. No shade area's, went once. No room service. I liked playing penny vintage slot machine's that's about it...Oh the décor is way to much red for me, and I like red. I read all of these reviews before booking, and I thought one bad review out of like 8, it should be good. Our room was small too, very small. Arrrgggghhhh so frustrated. Oh yes, we left the room in the day late like noonish, cleaning person came only once???

Room Tip: Make sure your not in a room over freemont street side!!! looks like rooms either face south or nort...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Rosemarie A

Thank you for the review and it's unfortunate to hear you did not enjoy your stay. We are happy to move guests to a different room away from the music on Fremont Street, per availability. We apologize for the elevators being down during your stay, we're in the process of upgrading the elevators to improve their efficiency. The lack of housekeeping is unacceptable and we'll be working to insure it does not happen again in the future. We appreciate your feedback and will be using your comments to improve the overall experience for our guests.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Ok so if you want a clean bed decent room - you got it. The downstairs is totally an old smokey casino. We got a great deal, but I won't return. Nothing against it other than it is nothing compared to the other luxurious casino rooms we have stayed in while vacationing in Vegas. Valet parking is the only way to go with this building because the parking lot is straight up about 10 floors. It was not noisy-dirty-etc. My toilet chain broke - I fixed it myself.

But I flew from Orlando to Vegas ... I want so much more.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BeckL

We appreciate the feedback from your stay and apologize for the trouble you had with your room. We would have been happy to send maintenance to take care of the issue quickly. Thank you for the review.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

4th great stay, high energy atmostphere, friendly staff, clean rooms and elevators. long bar was great. pool deck needs power washing . pad chairs and bar service would be nice . louder speakers. resturant upstairs has huge portions, more then enough to share.was great to see rewards center open so early and they were all so helpful.would like to see more quarter machines and dollar and loose some or half of those pennie ones.

Room Tip: high floor for less ac noise, views are great from 8th floor up on the east side.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank vegas4ever1
Sarah C, Manager at The D Casino Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

We appreciate the feedback from your recent stay and we're pleased you had a terrific time! We will be taking your comments into consideration and hope you'll join us again soon!