“Good cheap place to stay”

The D Casino Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #90 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Good cheap place to stay”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

If you're looking for a reasonable and clean place to stay, the D is perfect. It's right in the middle of everything worthwhile in DTLV. Right by Fremont street experience. Rooms are clean, nothing fancy.

• Stayed August 2014
Sarah C, Manager at The D Casino Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Your feedback is appreciated and we're glad you enjoyed your recent visit! Thank you for the review and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (702)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glen Dale, West Virginia
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Recently spent 6 days at the hotel and casino. We had a wonderful time. We were treated like royalty Hope to return early next year. My host, Avery Atadero, was wonderful. He could not have treated me and the other 5 with me any better. He gets a very high rating from me for the service to us while in Vegas. Although I had previously been a guest at this hotel when it was the Fitzgeralds, it is much improved and has come a long way from where it was. It is evident by its current construction that things are only getting better. I commend you for your efforts.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Norman S
Thank you for the review and we're glad to hear you had a terrific time during your recent stay. Avery is a fantastic host and always goes above and beyond for his guests! We're pleased you enjoyed the new remodel and hope to see you again soon!
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Checked in here at midnight strictly to sleep did not put my Do Not Disturb sign up and was awoken at 8:50 a.m. by banging at the door and someone continuously attempting to open the room that obviously had the keychain lock because someone was inside. Thought it was house keeping but wasn't sure when they weren't responding to me asking who it was by the time I could move my chair to peek through the peep hole it was too late. Decided since I'm here by myself I would just hurry up and leave but decided to call room service who transferred me to security after a family member I contacted told me better to be sure and safe. Was eventually told that it happened to be room service and the he/she did not speak English. Already wide awake I decided to just leave and was waiting for an elevator for about 10 mins to go down and I'm finally informed by the gentlemen in the elevator that works there that one of the elevators is not working. So I take my two bad experiences up to the Hotel Manager and the whole time after admitting to security and Sheldon before telling my story that I did not put on my Do Not Disturb sign that he cannot refund me anything because I used the room which is understandable and if I would have put my sign on that he would comp me. So it shows that honesty gets you nowhere? I was startled and crying because of it and explaining to the hotel manager I cannot believe they don't train house keeping to at least announce themselves despite the language barrier. Then I tell him about the elevator and he says since he is THE manager he would know well then why would his employees be telling guests that one of the elevators is not working? Its Vegas elevators are ALWAYS busy guests are on there all the time especially the hotels at the strip which I usually stay at and the wait is not that long Sheldon the "hotel manager" said he would walk me there to show me they are working which I'm sure they would since we are on the main floor. I felt as he was speaking to me In a condescending tone and called him ignorant and BOOM he was infuriated and acted like a child and walked away from me not once but twice leaving me crying in front of other guests. Thankfully Viridiana Albino guest service representative continued to be polite and assisted me by getting one of the Housekeeping Supervisor John who was much more nice. At some point Sheldon returned to tell me he spoke to his Boss which he said there was no one above him before and he could refund me the guest services fee but I originally asked for a complete refund obviously they waive you off then give you the very minimal back if you don't leave them alone. And this was all after he had dismissed himself to me saying he would no longer assist me for calling him ignorant despite me apologizing. I thought the hotel was really nice but I WILL never stay here again. This experience completely ruined my trip. I work at Toyota Dealership in service and never have I send my service director, general manager or have I myself carried myself the way Sheldon has with dealing with upset customers. When you pay for a service you expect to be treated with respect and you want to feel good not deal with a manager who is obviously full of himself he clearly has no discipline in working in service. I hope no other guests is treated like this but then again if your a young women you might be easiest target to be brushed off. Thank you Viridiana & John once again for the exceptional guest service.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank steph8aguirre
We deeply apologize for the negative experience you had with members of our staff. We pride ourselves on offering excellent customer service, and it's unfortunate to hear this was not the case. If you could send us an email to social@thed.com, we would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience further. Again, we apologize and hope to hear from you soon.

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Kent
Reviewed 19 August 2014

So glad that the D has kept some of old Vegas on the 2nd floor....please don't change that.
Was nice to see the improvements of the hotel. I really liked the color scheme, looks so modern.
My only complaint were the towels. They were so thin I would have used them as rags at home.
Plus the bath towels were so small. Please upgrade your towels to go with the rest of the upgrades. It would also be nice to have a table or even a chair to sit on in the room. First time
I have never had a table or seating area in the room. I am going to assume these improvements
will come later??? I was in room 1609.....very nice view and the windows were very clean.
Thank you for a very nice stay. Will come back and I hope my suggestions were helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms in downtown Vegas can be very noisy. Always ask for the quiet side if the music bothers you.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AOTW2014
Sarah C, Manager at The D Casino Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
We appreciate your feedback; we're always looking for ways to improve the guest experience. We're glad you enjoyed the coin-operated slots in our Vintage Vegas Casino on the second floor! Thank you for the review and we hope you'll join us again soon!
Berkeley, California
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This was my first time staying in downtown las vegas. It was good for the price. It was a last minute weekend trip so the strip was booked and extra expensive. We were able to check in early and we got an upgraded room. I love the old slot machines that gave coins. A lot of elderly people a lot of wheelchairs and walkers. I almost got ran over by a man on his scooter. I prefer the staying on the strip but i would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for the review and we're pleased you enjoyed your stay. Our Vintage Vegas Casino on the second floor is a lot of fun, and we're glad you had a great time. We appreciate the feedback and hope you'll join us again on your next trip to Vegas!
Wapwallopen, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Just came back from a 2 night stay mid Aug.2014 and will certainly NOT return. A co worker mentioned this hotel had Kuerig coffee makers only to find out they have NO coffee makers at all in any room! That was a first in my travels to come upon. To make matters worse, for a full day & night, the tv and internet were not working. Last, they are under construction and the hotel pool was NOT available. We were advised that the Grand Hotel will let us use their pool. This hotel is down the street from the D! Totally unacceptable! Making your way around is not easy either with all the construction. Their only "compensation" to me for all this aggravation was to remove the $22.+ "daily resort fee" I now have a list of questions I will make sure to ask hotel reservations before booking. I will say, their rooms were clean, nothing to write home about but their rates are in accordance with the "comforts". Many hotels on Fremont St to choose from and for sure, this is off my list...Donna Hays

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Donna H
We appreciate the feedback from your stay. We have recently removed the Kuerig coffee makers from our rooms, but do have a McDonalds on the main floor. We apologize for the inconvenience when both the TV and WiFi unexpectedly went down, but we worked quickly to reverse the issue. The pool is currently unavailable due to the construction in the area and will be opened as soon as the construction is completed. Thank you for the review.
Spruce Grove, Canada
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed at the D the first week in August. Here is a hotel where you get great value for your money as well as professionalism, approachability, friendliness and great work ethics from all staff. The entire hotel/casino is very clean and seems very well managed. The only little drawback is that it is quite loud in the casino area, but that in itself was not a huge deal .
Great place to stay....Andiamo's has the BEST food I have ever had, and the other restaurants were very good as well. We have stayed there four years running and will stay again if the opportunity presents itself. Keep up the good work, D and staff.
D and E

Room Tip: Great value
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the review and we're pleased you had a great time during your stay. Andiamo is terrific and we're glad you agree! We're happy to hear you always find our staff to be helpful and friendly. We hope to see you again soon!