“Would return”

Ranked #125 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Chicago
“Would return”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

My studio suite had a comfortable king bed, a flat-screen TV, a mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and last but certainly not least -- a balcony. The property is clean and quiet, yet a very short distance from the north end of the Strip. Rates are beyond reasonable.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank ramblegamble77
TradingPlacesTPI, Manager at Royal Resort, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Thank you for your review of the Royal! We hope you enjoyed your stay and would love to have you return next time you visit Las Vegas!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Polish first
Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

There's a lot to be said for a decent hotel where you can stay for $54 on weeknights. The Royal Resort's rooms are nothing special, but they are roomy, clean and have enough room for a sitting area & table. The bathroom is also roomy, and ours was impeccably clean. Not having to wade through smoking gamblers and raging noise in the lobby was a real plus, after staying one night in the Hard Rock for business, where you're assaulted by noise, smoke, music and gangs of gamblers & machines from the moment you walk in. At the Royal, the lobby is spacious, quiet and well appointed, with a piano (where they have people playing some nights), sitting areas, a fancy pool table and shuffleboard machine. The bar & restaurant are excellent, but be prepared to pay Vegas prices. Well worth it, but pricy. We hit happy hour for dinner, with half price drinks and appetizers, and it was great.

Some things to be aware of with this hotel: I read one review which mentioned TV with HBO. That is NOT free. The free TV is about 10 channels, no premium channels, no movie channels. Also, they do have wi-fi available, but it costs $10 a day. The $10 buys you 24 hours from the moment you sign up, so plan your purchase to avoid paying for extra time you won't be there. We checked in rather late in the day, so we didn't purchase wi-fi till the next morning, which took us through check-out on the third day for one $10 fee. Note that that will ONLY buy wi-fi for one device, it is NOT per room. We had two devices with us, so just did without on one.

Also, please note that they immediately take a $100 deposit on your credit card, even if rooms are paid in advance. They release that $100 upon checkout, but if you're like us, we were on a budget that kinda got wrenched by that deposit being taken. The hotel did release the deposit as stated, but it took a couple phone calls to our bank days later to actually get it put back into our account (we used our debit card). Just note that.

Being just a few minutes' walk from the Strip is convenient, but this short distance makes all the difference in quiet. You're also just minutes' walk from the Convention Center. The parking is plentiful and free. We didn't use the pool area, but it looked very nice.

Overall, if you're looking for a jumpin' joint, this isn't it. But if you're looking for a nice quiet place, where you can catch your breath from cruising the Strip, the Royal is a good choice. I might look for someplace different to stay next time, simply because of the TV and wi-fi situations, but unless I found a better bargain, I'd know this place is a good place to stay.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the back of the hotel and were disturbed by dumpster trucks one morning. I don...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank hollyinhawaii
TradingPlacesTPI, Manager at Royal Resort, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Thank you for your honest review and comments. We appreciate your consideration in staying with us next time you are in Vegas.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

Stayed here for the first time this April 2013 to attend a huge convention. I hate taking the bus/taxi to the convention center so always look for a place walking distance to the LVCC.

The place is about 15-20 min walk from the convention center and 2 minutes from Las Vegas Blvd. Pretty standard rooms. Clean. The lobby is very nice – piano player in the evening. Pool table, and shuffleboard. Nice feeling "coming home" in the evening.

My room had two queen beds, a round table and two "sofa type" chairs. The table/chairs are not very good for working – needed to sit on two pillows to get high enough to work on the computer.

No casino !! (yippee!)

But not many food choices in the immediate neighborhood: Denny's, Peppermill (good!) and El Gordo Tacos are all a few minutes walk. (make sure to check out El Gordo tacos around the corner!)

Otherwise, you need to walk to Fashion Show Mall (15-20 min) or eat in Encore.

There was initially some confusion and double billing on our reservations but they quickly sorted that out.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Danny_jp
TradingPlacesTPI, Manager at Royal Resort, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay at the Royal and hope you will consider us again next time your travels bring you to Vegas!
Burlington, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

This place is wonderfully located. It is mere seconds off the strip on Paradise behind the Encore and Wynn. The rooms are nice and big with a king size bed and queen Murphy bed. There are other room options as well. I found the hotel online and booked at a great price. However, after sleeping, going out, and returning, we found that the room had not been serviced. We checked with the front desk who informed us that "because of the deal we had" we were not eligible for housekeeping services. WTF? I am actively paying for the use of the room, am I not? Then make my bed. That should be a basic requirement of paying for a room. Maybe not a constantly fresh towel or band new cups, but a made bed is expected.

Fine.
No tip for you.

Also, the sheets were kind of ratty with holes. And the bar was way overpriced on both food and drink.

Room Tip: The north side has bigger balconies. The south side is too small to sit.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Peabs007
TradingPlacesTPI, Manager at Royal Resort, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Many thanks for your comments. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to address your specific concerns. Please email us at rvs@tradingplaces.com with your name, dates of stay, and unit number so we can resolve these issues in a timely manner. Thank you!
Bozeman, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

When I walked into this hotel my first thought was uh-oh, how seedy is this place? The carpet looked worn and the reception staff looked bored. But I was wrong, the hotel has obviously been upgraded, the bed was wonderful, the sheets luxurious and the staff was very accommodating. The location is good also, a short walk to the Strip, but there are convenience stores nearby to get essentials like milk and wine. I had a small balcony overlooking Convention Center Drive that was pleasant. For the money, this was a great deal and I plan to go back.

Room Tip: Ask for the even numbered side to get the balcony.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank susie166
TradingPlacesTPI, Manager at Royal Resort, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
Thank your for your review of the Royal! We hope you tell your friends about the great value and location of our hotel and visit us again soon!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

I arrived at the 'hotel'moment prior to my Fiance and had to.place my debit card on file in order to check in. This is standard procedure at many locations. Once my Fiance arrived we placed his credit card on file for ALL room charges and incidentals. Specifically told the Front Desk Clerk that my card was to NOT BE CHARGED. All charges would be on the card we had just provided them. Two days after checking out my account is know overdrawn because the full room rate and tax was charged to my card. At this point I attempted to contact a manger at the resort to correct the situation. When speaking to a man named Mike (the supposed manager on duty) I was told that there was no one on the property who could help me. Of course my reaction was 'thatto is unacceptable'. Allow me to provide a small amount of background: I used to be a Manger on Duty for a dual property resort, which allowed me to gain years of experience dealing with this exact situation. Therefore I know the procedure is to reverse the charge and then take payment from the correct cars. Should the incorrect card be a debit card you simply have to provide a transaction number to release the funds back to the card. When I told Mike that it was unacceptable that there was absolutely no one available to help me. He hung up. So now I have to shut down my checking and savings account because it is the only was to dispute the charges. Do not, I repeat do not stay at this 'gotel'job they clearly do not have capable staff. You gave to call for housekeeping to even Vaccum your room. Every employee I encountered was rude including the bar tenders. As a Las Vegas locali am extremely upset that this is the level of hospitality that is extended to guests in a city that is dependant on tourism.

• Stayed February 2013
7 Thank Tmvtraveler
TradingPlacesTPI, Manager at Royal Resort, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
Thank you for your comments. We're sorry about your experience and would greatly appreciate the opportunity to address your specific concerns. Please email us at rvs@tradingplaces.com with your name, dates of stay, and unit number so we can resolve these issues in a timely manner. Thank you!

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Las Vegas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

My fiance and I were there to look at wedding venues. We like the hotel so much we would like to book a group of the rooms for our wedding and am trying to arrange that now. The 1 thing we look for it climbing is and amenities. Your hotel offered both. Our wedding is scheduled for March of 2013. We will be making at least 4 more trips that way and plan on staying there. The staff though young are very professional and that really helps. We look forward to staying there again real soon thank you

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

TradingPlacesTPI, Manager at Royal Resort, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
Thank you for your positive comments! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your future visits. Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!