“Great location and value for money”
Review of Royal Resort

Royal Resort
Ranked #127 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 5 September 2009

Quiet lobby with no fruit machines! Friendly and helpful staff. Proximity to gift shops, cigar and liquor stores. Very close to The Strip. Lacks decent enternainment.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank DenisV
There are newer reviews for Royal Resort

Reviewed 1 July 2009

I stayed here for two nights to save some cash when the rest of my friends were staying at the Wynn. I was staying here just for a place to sleep, shower, and relax before heading out on the town for the night. The people at the front desk were courteous and helpful. My room was very clean and had everything I needed. I was actually sort of relieved to have a room where the fridge had room for my own purchases, and wasn't crammed with the mini-bar. My only complaint about the room was that my black-out curtain hovered an inch of the ground, reducing the black-out effect.

If you're looking for a big in-resort casino or bars packed with people in your hotel, this isn't the place to go. But the location is amazing when you can find it all with a 10-minute walk away at a third of the price of the other places.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank GuyWhoGoesPlaces
Reviewed 29 January 2009

My boyfriend called about a timeshare for Vegas and they booked us for free the first 2 nights (Dec 27 & 28). I am picky when it comes to hotels and I was surprised with the studio that was booked for us. It was a large room with a microwave, refrigerator, and a flat screen tv, and it is located just off the north end of the strip (close to the Riveria), Wal-greens and Denny's was right across the street. After our two free nights we checked out to drive to San Diego but returned New Years Eve and stayed until Jan 3, 2009. The room I paid for those 3 nights wasn't as nice as the studio but it wasn't terrible either. The room did have a very small refrigerator but no microwave, but I requested one from the front desk and they sent a small microwave to our room. The room had NOT been updated like the studio, wasn't as large and the tv had issues, some channels was hard to hear or it had static. Overall, I would stay here again but in a studio.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SD_Loves2Travel
Reviewed 12 January 2009

I stayed here for the CES convention in early Jan. From past experience, it's a nightmare to escape from the LVCC during the day, so very handy to have somewhere 10 mins walk away. The hotel is fairly basic and a bit shabby but my room was clean, had a fridge , microwave, iron and coffee maker. I can never understand why people get so worked up about where they stay in vegas - you are in the room for such a little time anyway.
The bar staff are friendly, there's a comedy night fri-sun which you can hear if you're at the bar.
all in all, as long as you don't want something fancy, this is a decent hotel with a great location for the convention centre and easy access to the Wynn / treasure island etc. would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank fatcontroller1999
Reviewed 23 October 2008

My husband and I stayed at the royal resort in october of 2008 for our honeymoon as we had got the room free from a friend's timeshare and thought we'd give it a try as the price was right. We were actually very reluctant as I had read many of the reviews, some being not so good. Okay here is the low down on royal resort!! We got a room overlooking the street with a balcony so me being a non smoker and my husband being a smoker the balacony was nice. We had one king bed, (and there was also a murphy bed we didn't use) We had a normal size TV, no flatscreen in our room, bath room was on the small side with a tub/shower. Was nice to have a fridge and microwave for use to save some money on eating out. We learned quickly if you do not want to be woken up early in the morning by the maid I would advise you to use the DO NOT DISTURB sign, and when you want your room cleaned use the MAID SERVICE sign or they will be knocking every morning. I really liked the location of the Royal, there is an amazing clothing store across the street, Ross, if planning to buy clothes wait til you get there this store is great and very inexpensive, has everything. My husband and I both got great clothes there. There is also a Walgreens and Mcdonalds close by. Circus Circus is close as well as the riviera and sahara is down a little ways but have a good cheap buffet dinner. We also walked to the Stratosphere and back, from the royal. The other way is Palazzo, Wynn, great shopping mall with great stores and food, liquor store right up the street from the royal. Treasure Island is also walking distance so the location of the Royal was great for us. We really liked the convienence. The Royal did not have a hot tub which was dissapointing and the pool was okay. Has Cabanas that we never used but did hang out in the pool at least 1 night with a couple cold ones :) The worst thing I have to say about the royal was you could practically hear your neighbor F*rt beside you, we had people on each side of us and could hear every cough. If you keep the TV on it kinda drowns out the noise and we didn't really notice til we turned the TV off for sleep. We also booked one night at the MGM Grand Signature and saw cirque de solei KA, that room was AMAZING and coming back to the royal after that was like night and day, but I really thought we'd spend more time in our room but it is Vegas and there is so much to do the Royal was a good place to rest your head at the end of the day. It is no 5 star by far, but we were comftorable there and the location is great! If going for your honeymoon or something special with your significant other splurge for at least one night to a 5 star like the Signature at the MGM, (get airport view) and have fun!! VEGAS BABY!!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Mar H
Reviewed 17 October 2008

I guess it depends on what you want. My two requirements were cheap and near the convention center. I was pleasantly surprised. It is only about 2 blocks from the cc and less than a block from the 'old' part of the strip.

The room is large, has a refrigerator and a microware ( and a large screen TV). The restaurant is decent and there are a couple of show in the lobby (didn't go to them, so I cannot comment). It has a king size bed and a Murphy bed.

The bathroom is small, especially taking a shower, but not a major problem.

Can't comment on the pool - haven't been to it. The staff has been mostly helpful. There is a bar in the lobby, but again, I haven't been to it, so I cannot comment.

If you want something off the strip, but close, that is comfortable and fairly cheap, this is the place for you.

Highly recommend it if you are going to a convention....

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2008

My GF and I stood here on the weekend of April 17, 18, 19 of 08'. I must say that this place was really nice and its a steal for the price($70/nt studio). I got a "studio" room which turned out to be the size of a regular room. I'm guessing if this is the studio then the regular rooms must be nicer. It is located next to the Wynn and the Shopping mall. If your into walking the strip this is perfect. Its right in the middle of the Entire strip and gives you option to go south or north. Everything was clean and looked very nice. The room comes with small refrigerator, safe, iron, and a spare bed in some TV stand looking thing. Bonus: There was a 42" Flat panel LCD TV in our room and it was awesome. You can sit right on your bed and watch this nice TV while your waiting for your woman to finish getting ready. Also, about a block way(or less) there is a liquor store, asian restaurants, Denny's, Ross dress for less, and a Rite Aid. This saves you alot of money and provides lots of options for small emergencies such as forgotten clothing item(swim trunks, purse, etc.), shampoo, gel, beer run. They have a phone in the lobby where you can call for taxi's and a small italian restaurant with decent prices in the hotel. When I go back to vegas this is the place I will look into getting a room from now on. The only downside is the pool is small, about backyard size but adequate to just chill for a couple hours. So if your a pool person this may change you mind. Besides that this is one of the best hotels I've stayed for the price and amenities and location.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple