“Pleasantly Surprised”

Ranked #125 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Covina, CA
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed 1 September 2010

Spent the weekend at the Royal Resort to celebrate my niece's 21st birthday. The hotel was basic but very clean, quiet and we got it for a great price. The two room suites are a little dated but the convenience of having two bathrooms made up for that. The location was perfect, just a block away from the Strip. You can actually park your car and never have to drive while you are there because you can walk to everything or catch the bus. We visited the strip with all it's glitz, glamour and noise and had a great time but it was really nice to come back to the Royal Hotel for some peace and quiet because there is no casino located in the hotel. A great family hotel with a really nice pool area with hot tub. I am not a real Las Vegas fan but I will return to the Royal Resort.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Jamsan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Polish first
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 21 August 2010

The physical accommodations were not luxurious but certainly acceptable and worth the price paid. I booked my reservation online with the hotel's management company, and stayed for 6 nights. I received no housekeeping services. On the 4th night I requested a change of linens and garbage cans emptied. The front desk attendant informed me that no one was available to change linens, and my reservation type did not provide housekeeping services. I did not make reservations as a resort exchange, and his statement was in conflict with the written hotel policy. He did offer to have linens sent to the room and I could change them myself - LOL. I also requested that trash cans be emptied, as they now had 4 days of accumulated trash in them. When I returned from dinner, at least the trash cans had been emptied. This was the one and only housekeeping "service" I received during my 6 night stay.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Sacramento, California
Reviewed 19 July 2010

Really not up to a timeshare standard/ they converted 2 motel rooms and called them suites. Out dated facility but fairly clean with a nice pool and cabanas. Unfortunately, I left a couple of items in the room and called the facility from the airport asking how I could get the items sent to me. Front desk staff didn't know what to do and only one housekeeping staff could help. Its been a month and after twice sending the hotel prepaid shipping labels I still don't have the items. Customer service is not their strong suit.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed 30 March 2010

My husband and I traded for the Royal Vacation Suites for a week's stay in Las Vegas. The rooms were very comfortable and clean although they only had a microwave and refrigerator. One room had the bed and full bathroom. The connecting room had a couch and desk area as well as another bathroom.

The lounge area was very friendly and inviting. There was a business center but no wi-fi in the room. Overall it was a nice place to stay and be a little "off Strip".

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
Santa Barbara, CA
Reviewed 19 March 2010

We spent a week in early March (2010) at the Royal Resort in Las Vegas. Although I would say this is an OK place to stay it is about at the bottom of the scale that I would rate as a decent timeshare. It is an older property, but is for the most part clean and well maintained in both the public areas and the 1 bedroom unit that we had. This appears to be a hotel conversion so it has its limitations. There are no kitchens but there is a microwave and small refrigerator. The location is just a block off the strip and there are a few casinos and adequate shopping within reasonable walking distance. The convention center monorail station is about a half mile away and is a nice walk in pleasant weather.
Our check-in and checkout went well; however, we found the staff fairly clueless and inept when it came to doing anything else. We had an issue with rescheduling our housekeeping date and once it was changed we received it on the changed date and the next day as well. We inquired about a show and a tour which both were supposed to be happening at the property, but they could only provide phone numbers (one of which was wrong) for us to call about arrangements. Also another negative, in my opinion, is that there is no longer an on-site restaurant. In general I just felt that the property was sort of blah.
Our one bedroom unit had a King bed that was well broken in, but comfortable plus two sleeper sofas in the living room. The unit had 2 flat panel TVs which apparently were beyond the competence level of the staff to setup properly as the one in the living room had terrible sound and customers were locked out of the menu to make the proper adjustments. Aside from this the furnishings were sparse and dated. The unit was clean and well maintained with the exception of the fact that both bathroom stools did not shut off properly thus wasting water on a continuous basis. Also the heating unit in the living room did not work properly, but one call to maintenance did get this fixed. We had an end unit on the third floor and therefore did not experience much noise from the hallway or neighbors. There is wireless internet available for an unreasonable fee, another one of my pet peeves. . Again I would say that the accommodations were adequate, but nothing to write a glowing review about.
I probably wouldn’t stay here again, not because there is anything wrong with the Royal, it is just that there are better properties that are usually available.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Goleta
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 February 2010

I booked this room through my timeshare exchange. It was billed at Max 4/Pri 2, and really it was a Max 6/Pri 4. It was 2 rooms connected with locking doors. One half was a typical K (or Q?) hotel room with table+chairs, club chair, bath, and closet, and my half was the sitting room, with 2 couches (both pullout), coffee table, a table+chairs, a bathroom, and a mini-fridge and microwave. The sitting room had enough space to leave the one couch set up as a bed with plenty of living space left over. Both couches could have been left open with an adequate amount of moving-around space.

Two bathrooms was a huge plus! They were clean and well-equipped, but not fancy. The room was nicely appointed and I actually took tubs the whole time due to a foot injury. There aren't many hotel rooms where I'd be comfortable taking a bath! The staff was responsive, but the Cosmo's restaurant is closed. Supposedly it is reopening as something else, but there was no sign of construction, so it may be awhile.

This was >2 blocks (regular blocks, not Vegas blocks) to the Encore. The Wynn (attached to Encore) had an AMAZING breakfast buffet. Take the Deuce down the Strip and you're good to go! The front desk said it was 200 yds to the Monorail, but it took me 12 minutes to get from the front door to the platform.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Lithigin
Kelsey, Ca
Reviewed 24 November 2009

We won this on skyauction.com auction for CHEAP. The room wa a studio clean, nice..bed was comfortable and is located behind the Encore, so we were able to walk the strip. Kids loved the pool; heated to 85 degrees. This was a quiet condo and neat and clean. We would stay here again.NOT BUSY and those who were staying here were older...

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family