“great location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Pasadena, California
“great location”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I stayed at Planet Hollywood multiple times so far, the latest one in early Dec 2013. Location is great, since it's right in the middle of the strip, connected to Miracle Mile Shops, etc. The casino is a bit small, but still is fun.

Now the rooms. Throughout my stays, i stayed in regular rooms, regular room with a view of the strip, and a strip suite. Overall, the rooms can be better - it kinda gives a "dingy" vibe (yes even the suite). The hallways are the same way too. But it's not something that I would complain about, as it is not too bad. Usually this hotel is a little cheaper than other hotels within the same vicinity, so i guess that's where you pay for it. Staff are not too friendly nor rude. If you visit during summer, the pool isn't that great at all. It's just all concrete with few trees with a very corporate looking bar.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jojo0215

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,284)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Great place it stay! If your looking for a moderate size resort, 2 separate pools, great reasonably priced rooms, extremely friendly employees, great location on the strip, good buffet, upscale restaurants then this is the place for you.
This has become my prime Caesar's Entertainment properties to stay at.
If you plan on visiting Vegas PH more than once I would suggest asking for a executive Host to help with your trip plans. Once established as a guest, a host will take care of all your needs. Better than calling direct for reservation. I happen to have a great host Jeanne & never have to worry when I arrive. By having a host you can express any concerns you have upon arrival & he/she will handle them.
LOVE PLANET HOLLYWOOD & IT'S EMPLOYEES- I know them all by name & they know my name. Better then going to some Mega Resort where you are just a number!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Read My Above Review- I think I covered it all there
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Richard B
IRVINE
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Loved the vibrant casino action. Fantastic location in the center of everything. But the hotel quality leaves much to be desired. My room (and many others as I later found out) had a raw sewage smell emanating from the bathroom. The wallpaper was peeling in places and the shower leaked. The hallways had a musty smell to them as well. Staff seemed annoyed at the complaints when I raised them - which I attributed to frustration at the fact that I wasnt the only one complaining, Finally I paid for a "premium fountain view" room - but as compared to other hotels in Vegas, it was only average in size, amenities and overall quality. What a waste of a great location and casino opportunity.

Room Tip: Gamble here. Stay elsewhere.
Green Features: They should focus more on the quality of their rooms than "environmental friendliness". Thats what we are paying for, right?
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank STEVEN W
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This is a fun hotel and casino that has a great location on the strip - close to Bellagio, Caesar's, Paris, etc. Do not stay here if your priority is luxury. The room was comfortable, but it was not "luxurious." We stayed here for Britney Spears' opening night. The convenience could not be beat. Britney's show was AWESOME! Do NOT miss seeing her show while in Vegas. At night, the casino has lingerie clad dancers - not my thing, but not offensive either. My biggest complaint about the casino is that I found it confusing to navigate (and I am not usually challenged by directions). I had my hair and makeup fixed in the hotel spa for Britney's show - it was so much fun (note: not cheap but worth it for a special occasion). I liked Britney's souvenir shop a lot as well and found a cute Las Vegas t-shirt for my dog at a kiosk in the Miracle Mile shops. We only had one meal at Planet Hollywood - a late night dinner at Gordon Ramsey's Burgr (very good burgers and truffle fries). I would stay here again, but I will probably try something else on our next visit.

3 Thank MaegUT07
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Great location right in the middle of the strip. We had a fountain view room which is certainly worth the extra money as we had a fantastic view of the Bellagio Fountain to watch the display every night from our window. The hotel respected our request to put our children close to us in a room across the hall.

The rooms were very spacious and clean. Breakfast was provided with our package however this was in the form of an $18 voucher per room to use at the Starbuck Cafes. This wasn't ideal as two medium sized coffees set you back $13 and you often went over. We also had to make sure that we ordered in two goes, one order for each room to make sure we used both vouchers.

The only other fault with the hotel is that you have to walk through the casino to get to your room unless you are arriving by car. During the day this isn't a huge problem but at night they have dancing girls on every table. My 14 year old son couldn't believe it but I wouldn't recommend staying here if you have younger children.

Overall, the rooms were big and clean, the service good for a large hotel and a fantastic location right in the heart of the strip.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Fountain View room to see the Bellagio Fountain. Definitely worth it.
2 Thank Vannessa M
West Sussex. UK
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Hotel was old and tired, nice casino and mall, need to treat guests better as check in took an hour due to the busy period and the amount of people on the check in desks it took along time. The parking was great and was located to take advantage of the strip.

2 Thank Jason B
Reviewed 29 December 2013

It was my first time in Vegas and we were celebrating a friend's birthday. My boyfriend and I stayed here for 5 nights and I absolutely loved it! From the moment I arrived the valet asked if I would like my luggage carried up to my room since I arrived by myself and my boyfriend was arriving the night after. The bellman who brought up my luggage recommended some nearby restaurants and was extremely nice and helpful.
Out of all the casinos I visited during my time in Vegas (we visited EVERY hotel on the strip, tourists, I know), Planet Hollywood's was my favorite.
Gordon Ramsey's Burger was a unique dining experience and absolutely delicious. You must try his favorite floral based beer. Also, having a Starbucks downstairs was extremely convenient and Walgreens is just a 2 minute walk away.
The room was nice and spacious (standard) and the bathroom was the best part! Loved the huge bathtub, my friends stayed at the Cesar's Palace and envied it.
In Room dining was a bit disappointing, ordered a quesadilla on my first night there because I was starving and it was bland for how overpriced the IRD menu is.
I did not expect that such a high volume hotel to have such attentive and detail oriented staff. I will certainly be back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple