The location of this place is spot on. You are dead in the middle of all the great action. Loads of fun costumed characters show up right in front of the hotel, and you have the mall, and are across from the fountains and the restaurants at the hotel, PF Chang's and Burgr have great food and amazing service. Even the breakfasts at planet dailies were decent, yet $$. but again, great service.
I booked a package with a travel agent. And i was assigned to a smoking room, without either myself or the agent knowing. I do not smoke. When I registered. (the line was longer than at the airport check-in) i was told to 'upgrade' to non-smoking was $50 a day! no way. The room didn't stink right away, but towards the evening, I felt as if I was smoking a pack a day, and ended up with a chest infection.
Then...on check out, i was charged for a phone call made on Christmas day from my ROOM. I had my cell phone and wasn't even in the room that day, so one of their hotel employees must have used the phone in my room to make the call. They refused to tell me what country or state the call had been made to. I had also pre-paid internet with the package and they claimed I logged into it with multiple computers. I had one laptop, and a crappy phone that does not get internet. They removed the fake charges but...really???? i had to fight them? it was sad.
they charge extra for a refrigerator,(there is none in the room) (even Holiday inn express has those!) the safe was so low on the floor, I had to belly crawl to even put things in it...
would i recommend it? If you are a smoker, have a ton of money, and don't mind being treated as cattle. Yes. Yet, their concierge was wonderful. They helped me book amazing tours, and were sweet as sugar.
so?? mixed bag. Would I stay there again? no. Would I recommend it. No. But it wasn't all bad. so if you don't mind some glitches....then go for it. Location, location, location...and it had that.
Just be wary of your extra room charges. They hit you when you are leaving for your flight out, so have time to argue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience celebrity first hand at the "House that Fame Built" - Planet Hollywood Las Vegas Resort & Casino. With star-worthy accommodations and an upscale atmosphere, you never know who you might see. Dine in style at Gordon Ramsay BurGR Las Vegas, the acclaimed chef’s latest Las Vegas hotspot; at Koi, where Japanese tradition meets California innovation, or at Strip House Las Vegas, the critically acclaimed NYC-based steakhouse. If you’re looking for something a little more casual, stop by the Spice Market Buffet, featuring fare from around the world, or at Ringer, where you can feast on wings and tenders, all-beef sliders, New York-style pizza and waffle fries while watching and wagering on your favorite games. On the casino floor, Heart Bar and The Pleasure Pit ensure non-stop excitement each with their own brand of fun. You can also discover the latest trends at the Miracle Mile Shops or socialize and sunbathe at the Planet Hollywood pool, home to dozens of cabanas and the only Las Vegas pool with a FlowRider wave machine. For those who’d rather relax indoors, the Spa by Mandara hosts a bevy of rejuvenating services in a calm, serene setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Southall Travel, TravelUp and Odigeo so you can book your Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Planet Hollywood Resort And Casino
- Planet Hollywood Las Vegas
- Planet Hollywood Hotel Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Aladdin
- Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino Las Vegas