“Bugs and Bites!!!”

Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
Ranked #61 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I usually don't write reviews because I'm not a big complainer but this experience deserved some attention. I just got back from my bachelor party in which my group stayed at PH. The hotel itself is nice...very hip and in a great central location. But when you drop over $2500 in lodging you expect not to see bugs in your bed. On Saturday June 7th I noticed a brown spot moving in my bed. I got a closer look and sure enough it was a bug! I recorded a video then took it down to the front desk where I was met with the rudest manager ever, ROBERTO!!! You would expect that when someone reports bugs crawling around in their bed, who also has video of it crawling, and who also dropped $2500 for rooms managment (ROBERTO) would do anything to rectify the problem. Do not stay here unless you want to go back home with bug bites and more than you came with!

7  Thank Aljuawan V
TotalServiceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your visit. We truly appreciate your feedback and the opportunity for us to improve our guest experience. We apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to send us an email at Totalrewards@custhelp.com. Please be sure to include your TripAdvisor posting, along with the name of the property and your first and last name. We do hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I booked flight and hotel through Southwest only to find that what I already paid wasn't enough and the hotel had a "resort fee" of $22 a day.
Room was ok, I had the premium fountain view which was on the 50th floor. The floors were stained, the a/c couldn't keep up, the fridge didn't work, the curtains were broken, and I could hear people pooping through the wall in my bathroom. And the staff was rude.
Casino wasn't bad. The Koi Japanese restaurant have me diarrhea.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Flightmed29

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to read that so many of our services failed to meet your expectations. We are also disappointed we have missed the mark with our Service Standards during your stay. We are constantly working to ensure each guest has a memorable experience and your feedback will help us with this process. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

try the restaurants!!!!!! casino is loud but lots of young people, pretty girls, handsome men, lots of action on the crap tables; unpleasant old people. shopping is wonderful--mall is next door, great shops.

Room Tip: love the beds!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Joan M
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Had an amazing time at Planet Hollywood. Great food, good looking people, rooms were clean, and very nice. I would definitely recommend this casino for the under 45 crowd. The environment is hip with tons of action.

Room Tip: The rooms were very clean.... need I say more?
1  Thank James T
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Beautiful place with nice deco in casino and rooms. slot machines are all of the current themed ones. Early morning dealers were older and not so positive but later in day dealers were lots of fun. did not like pool set up as you had to rent a place to set down.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment
TotalServiceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thanks for the review. While we are happy to know that you enjoyed your overall time in the casino, we're sorry that you did not find our pool to your liking. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Friendly employees, lively atmosphere, clean environment, good amenities nearby. I would recommend ph based on the value for the price I am paying. It has to be one of the best on the strip in terms of this.

Room Tip: For the value PH is the best on the strip.
Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment

Thanks for the review. We are delighted that you find the hotel to be a good value and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed June 5th to June 9th. I have stayed at multiple hotels on the Las Vegas strip, this is one that I had not previously stayed at. I was looking forward to staying here because I have visited the casino many times and have always enjoyed it there and it is in a great location. Check In was very easy and we were upgraded to a Resort Vista Room (1680). When we got in the elevator there was a spit on the elevator wall that had run down and dried out. Then while walking down the hallway to our room there was another large dried out saliva stain on the wall. Clearly there was a serial spitter on the lose in Planet Hollywood. I assumed it would be cleaned up by the next day, however the spit on the wall in the hallway on the 16th floor stayed there for all 4 days we were there. The spit in the elevator was cleaned up by the next morning. Very gross!!!!
When we got to our room, there was a dirty sock in the closet, not sure how that was missed by the cleaning people. The Vista Room was large, with a very large bathroom and a great view of the Bellagio Fountain and Las Vegas Strip. The bathroom had a TV and a separate shower and tub.
We used the pool on Friday and Saturday. There are two pools at Planet Hollywood. There is the over 21 pool, which has daybeds and cabanas for rent, but no lounge chairs, and the citrus pool, which has free lounge chairs along with daybeds and cabanas for rent. The citrus pool is on the right (north) side and has yellow cabana tents. The over 21 pool is on the left with red cabana tents. Get there early though as on both Friday and Saturday all of the lounge chairs were taken by 9:30am. There also is a sun deck in between the pools, where chairs are available all day long, but you can not even see the pools from that deck and it is inconvenient if you want to go in the pool. On Friday we just used the lounge chairs and they are all dirty. Many of them have broken straps, but you can take as many pool towels as you want, so we just covered the chair entirely in pool towels. The pool deck was dirty. They do not appear to clean it very often. I was afraid to walk on it without my sandals on. Security checks you bags when you enter the pool, for alcohol and outside food. They only look in your bag and don't actually search it. Everyone in my group was able to bring it bottles of alcohol. Just make sure you wrap it in clothes or something. Beers were $8 and frozen mixed drinks were $15 if you prefer to buy them there.
On Saturday we rented a cabana at the citrus pool. It cost us $295 for Saturday ($100 during the week) and you could have up to 8 people in the cabana. The cabana at the Over 21 pool was $500 I believe, but don't quote me on that. If you get bottle service it will cost you an extra $100 at the citrus pool. The cabana host will grab lounge chairs which are set aside especially for the cabanas and place them in front of the cabana if you want to lay out in the sun. If there are people in your group that want to lay out in the sun ask for cabana's 1,2,3, or 4. There is plenty of room in front of those cabana's. The other ones are too close to the pool to even put a lounge chair in front of it. They will not start the cabana assignment process until 10 a.m. If you go at 10 a.m. expect to stand in line for at least an hour and get what is left over. (Tip) - There is not a line to enter the pool. The line running down the hallway of the 6th floor is for the cabana rentals, just go past it and walk in. Get there by 9:30 or earlier to get the cabana you want. The cabana's come with water in a small rickety fridge, which is inside a metal rickety cabinet. You do not have a dedicated server as they serve the cabana's and everyone else pool side. We only saw the cabana host once, when is when they put us in the cabana. The cabana has a TV (our remote control had the batteries taped in as the cover was missing) and an overhead fan. In all the pool seemed like they tried to make it fun and exciting, but it is in need of an overhaul. It is clearly showing every bit of its 14 years.
We ate at planet dailies the first day for breakfast, but realized that was a mistake, when 3 eggs costs you 14 dollars. The bill for 2 people was $42. The next two days we ate at Blondie's in the miracle mile shops and it was better and a normal price for breakfast.
The casino and its location are still the best part of Planet Hollywood. I would not stay at this hotel again as it is average at best. I think the hotel part of the resort is showing its age and it is no better than Harrah's, Flamingo, or Bally's. I would visit the casino again, but will not stay there unless they update the hotel portion of the resort, which is frustrating because this hotel is suppose to be one of Harrah's properties best.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators, as the hallway gets very noisy at night.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple