“21+ Pleasure Pool”

Ranked #69 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
“21+ Pleasure Pool”
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I went to PH's adult only Pleasure Pool on a weekday with my gf and three friends. We all had a great time and stayed the entire afternoon. Bottle service kept the booze flowing and the DJ was spinning top 40 and old school mashups. It was a good 30 something/older millennial atmosphere.

This review and star rating, however, is specifically a critique of the service provide by Bria, our waitress/hostess and Chris, the bar manager/glorified cabana boy.

We live in AZ. So Vegas trips are a regular event, many times each year, as it's a short road trip or a super quick flight away. This time we decided to try out a Groupon for a pool party. It got us a cabana, a fruit bowl, and a bottle of vodka at PH's Pleasure Pool, and we had to pay an additional $80 in gratuity beyond the groupon price. We also purchased a 2nd bottle later in the day. 18% auto grat on that one too.

Service for the first bottle was bare minimum: ice stayed filled but beyond that our waitress had no idea how to provide good service: the little things are what matter. The refrigerator was filled with water BUT it also contained somebody else's leftover sandwich. Our private cabana was not so private as the walls between adjoining cabanas were completely open; we got to "enjoy" our neighbors cigar smoke. The remote control for our TV was missing a battery. Our bean bag like couch cushions had not been touched since the last party in the cabana, as the filling naturally shifted to an uncomfortable slope that made you nearly fall off the front end of the sofa. I fluffed and adjusted them myself multiple times so that my friends could actually sit on them comfortably. I also took responsibility for tidying up our cabana all afternoon, as our waitress took no time to dispose of used fruit garnish, straw wrappers, empty water bottles, etc.

The straw that broke the camels back was when I had to fetch my own bucket of ice midway through our second bottle. We asked Bria and another waitress at least twice and I even asked Chris the manager for some ice. After asking Chris, I finished the last three quarters of my drink and used the bathroom: STILL NO ICE. So I head inside to get the ice myself. No sooner than I am handed my ice at the indoor bar, Bria shows up not with the ice that she has forgotten but my check with that 18% gratuity that she in no way earned.

I asked to speak with a manager about having the auto grat removed. Bar manager Chris came over to the cabana, immediately followed by two different cabana boys with two buckets of ice. Five minutes into our conversation he tries to point out all the ice we have in our cabana as a counter argument to our complaint. He extends no empathy nor apology. He only points out that the service workers union mandates the 18% auto gratuity and that is why he can't remove it. I refuse to sign the credit card slip. He then proceeds to act like he is doing us a favor by not kicking us out. Absolutely unbelievable.

I don't understand how night clubs and pools clubs can get away with such poor service and unappreciative, insulting treatment of their guests. If a restaurant provided service like this they would no longer be in business.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
11 Thank Chad W
TotalServiceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your visit. We truly appreciate your feedback and the opportunity for us to improve our service. We apologize that your experience does not reflect our commitment to guest service. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to send us an email at Totalrewards@custhelp.com. Please be sure to include your TripAdvisor posting, along with the name of the property and your first and last name. We do hope you will stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,284)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Laveen
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Had a wonderful stay at PH the only reason that I did not give an overall 5 stars is because the buffet was extremely salty. There are lots of options but the meat was way too salty.
The rooms were exceptionally clean spacious and modern. Staff were all courteous, welcoming and professionally friendly.
Ideal location I was fortunate to get a complimentary upgrade to a room with a pool and strip view which allowed me to see the Bellagio fountains.
I would definitely recommend PH and will absolutely stay again.

• Stayed June 2014
Cordova, Tennessee
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I usually don't write reviews because I'm not a big complainer but this experience deserved some attention. I just got back from my bachelor party in which my group stayed at PH. The hotel itself is nice...very hip and in a great central location. But when you drop over $2500 in lodging you expect not to see bugs in your bed. On Saturday June 7th I noticed a brown spot moving in my bed. I got a closer look and sure enough it was a bug! I recorded a video then took it down to the front desk where I was met with the rudest manager ever, ROBERTO!!! You would expect that when someone reports bugs crawling around in their bed, who also has video of it crawling, and who also dropped $2500 for rooms managment (ROBERTO) would do anything to rectify the problem. Do not stay here unless you want to go back home with bug bites and more than you came with!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank Aljuawan V
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your visit. We truly appreciate your feedback and the opportunity for us to improve our guest experience. We apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to send us an email at Totalrewards@custhelp.com. Please be sure to include your TripAdvisor posting, along with the name of the property and your first and last name. We do hope you will stay with us again.
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I booked flight and hotel through Southwest only to find that what I already paid wasn't enough and the hotel had a "resort fee" of $22 a day.
Room was ok, I had the premium fountain view which was on the 50th floor. The floors were stained, the a/c couldn't keep up, the fridge didn't work, the curtains were broken, and I could hear people pooping through the wall in my bathroom. And the staff was rude.
Casino wasn't bad. The Koi Japanese restaurant have me diarrhea.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Flightmed29
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to read that so many of our services failed to meet your expectations. We are also disappointed we have missed the mark with our Service Standards during your stay. We are constantly working to ensure each guest has a memorable experience and your feedback will help us with this process. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!
Kailua
Reviewed 10 June 2014

try the restaurants!!!!!! casino is loud but lots of young people, pretty girls, handsome men, lots of action on the crap tables; unpleasant old people. shopping is wonderful--mall is next door, great shops.

Room Tip: love the beds!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Joan M
San Antonio
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Had an amazing time at Planet Hollywood. Great food, good looking people, rooms were clean, and very nice. I would definitely recommend this casino for the under 45 crowd. The environment is hip with tons of action.

Room Tip: The rooms were very clean.... need I say more?
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank James T
Portland
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Beautiful place with nice deco in casino and rooms. slot machines are all of the current themed ones. Early morning dealers were older and not so positive but later in day dealers were lots of fun. did not like pool set up as you had to rent a place to set down.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment

TotalServiceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thanks for the review. While we are happy to know that you enjoyed your overall time in the casino, we're sorry that you did not find our pool to your liking. We hope to see you again soon.