I went to PH's adult only Pleasure Pool on a weekday with my gf and three friends. We all had a great time and stayed the entire afternoon. Bottle service kept the booze flowing and the DJ was spinning top 40 and old school mashups. It was a good 30 something/older millennial atmosphere.
This review and star rating, however, is specifically a critique of the service provide by Bria, our waitress/hostess and Chris, the bar manager/glorified cabana boy.
We live in AZ. So Vegas trips are a regular event, many times each year, as it's a short road trip or a super quick flight away. This time we decided to try out a Groupon for a pool party. It got us a cabana, a fruit bowl, and a bottle of vodka at PH's Pleasure Pool, and we had to pay an additional $80 in gratuity beyond the groupon price. We also purchased a 2nd bottle later in the day. 18% auto grat on that one too.
Service for the first bottle was bare minimum: ice stayed filled but beyond that our waitress had no idea how to provide good service: the little things are what matter. The refrigerator was filled with water BUT it also contained somebody else's leftover sandwich. Our private cabana was not so private as the walls between adjoining cabanas were completely open; we got to "enjoy" our neighbors cigar smoke. The remote control for our TV was missing a battery. Our bean bag like couch cushions had not been touched since the last party in the cabana, as the filling naturally shifted to an uncomfortable slope that made you nearly fall off the front end of the sofa. I fluffed and adjusted them myself multiple times so that my friends could actually sit on them comfortably. I also took responsibility for tidying up our cabana all afternoon, as our waitress took no time to dispose of used fruit garnish, straw wrappers, empty water bottles, etc.
The straw that broke the camels back was when I had to fetch my own bucket of ice midway through our second bottle. We asked Bria and another waitress at least twice and I even asked Chris the manager for some ice. After asking Chris, I finished the last three quarters of my drink and used the bathroom: STILL NO ICE. So I head inside to get the ice myself. No sooner than I am handed my ice at the indoor bar, Bria shows up not with the ice that she has forgotten but my check with that 18% gratuity that she in no way earned.
I asked to speak with a manager about having the auto grat removed. Bar manager Chris came over to the cabana, immediately followed by two different cabana boys with two buckets of ice. Five minutes into our conversation he tries to point out all the ice we have in our cabana as a counter argument to our complaint. He extends no empathy nor apology. He only points out that the service workers union mandates the 18% auto gratuity and that is why he can't remove it. I refuse to sign the credit card slip. He then proceeds to act like he is doing us a favor by not kicking us out. Absolutely unbelievable.
I don't understand how night clubs and pools clubs can get away with such poor service and unappreciative, insulting treatment of their guests. If a restaurant provided service like this they would no longer be in business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience celebrity first hand at the "House that Fame Built" - Planet Hollywood Las Vegas Resort & Casino. With star-worthy accommodations and an upscale atmosphere, you never know who you might see. Dine in style at Gordon Ramsay BurGR Las Vegas, the acclaimed chef’s latest Las Vegas hotspot; at Koi, where Japanese tradition meets California innovation, or at Strip House Las Vegas, the critically acclaimed NYC-based steakhouse. If you’re looking for something a little more casual, stop by the Spice Market Buffet, featuring fare from around the world, or at Ringer, where you can feast on wings and tenders, all-beef sliders, New York-style pizza and waffle fries while watching and wagering on your favorite games. On the casino floor, Heart Bar and The Pleasure Pit ensure non-stop excitement each with their own brand of fun. You can also discover the latest trends at the Miracle Mile Shops or socialize and sunbathe at the Planet Hollywood pool, home to dozens of cabanas and the only Las Vegas pool with a FlowRider wave machine. For those who’d rather relax indoors, the Spa by Mandara hosts a bevy of rejuvenating services in a calm, serene setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Destinology, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Prestigia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Planet Hollywood Resort And Casino
- Planet Hollywood Las Vegas
- Planet Hollywood Hotel Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Aladdin
- Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino Las Vegas