We stayed for 7 nights and had a good time. The hotel is pretty centrally located for everything on the strip and has its own shopping mall which is handy when its too hot to be outside.
POOL AREA: The pool area is huge with 2 pools and a central sunbathing area with outdoor casino. There's a family pool area and an over 21s area. We naively thought the over 21s would be the "quiet" area because no kids were allowed - ha ha - how wrong were we??!! The decks get cranked up about lunch time and it becomes the party pool. Have honestly never seen so many people in a swimming pool dancing around getting drunk. Great if you're there with your friends for a party. The family pool is actually the quieter one as there's generally not a lot of kids in Vegas. Generally though, if you're looking for a relaxing time by a pool this probably isn't the hotel for you, but to be honest most people having a holiday in Vegas won't be there for a quiet time! The pool bar is pretty expensive and security check your bags when you enter to make sure you're not bringing any alcohol in from outside - water is ok though.
ROOMS: We were disappointed with our first room. It was right beside the elevator so was noisy through the night - and probably would have been a lot worse at the weekend. It looked like it hadn't been cleaned too with cigarette ends and ash on the bathroom floor. When we asked to be moved there was no hassle. Robert at reception was very helpful and upgraded us for the inconvenience of having to move. We were very happy with the next room - very spacious and a huge bathroom.
CHARGES: Wifi costs are extortionate. They say there is free wifi in some areas e.g. Starbucks and Planet Daillies but we could never get it to connect. The cynical part of me suspects its to encourage you to pay for the hotels. We managed to connect to some of the nearby shops in the mall though. Wifi should be free throughout if you're paying for a room.
We had breakfast included in our costs, which turns out was 9 dollars per person to spend in Starbucks every morning. Very quickly got fed up of Starbucks and 9 dollars doesn't stretch far when a latte costs 5 dollars and a muffin 4 dollars - then tax gets added - so actually wasn't free but better than nothing.
CHECKOUT: We used the express checkout as there was a long queue at the desk. When I checked my account we had been charged for the breakfast, however after contacting by email to explain the overcharge it was quickly refunded with no problems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience celebrity first hand at the "House that Fame Built" - Planet Hollywood Las Vegas Resort & Casino. With star-worthy accommodations and an upscale atmosphere, you never know who you might see. Dine in style at Gordon Ramsay BurGR Las Vegas, the acclaimed chef’s latest Las Vegas hotspot; at Koi, where Japanese tradition meets California innovation, or at Strip House Las Vegas, the critically acclaimed NYC-based steakhouse. If you’re looking for something a little more casual, stop by the Spice Market Buffet, featuring fare from around the world, or at Ringer, where you can feast on wings and tenders, all-beef sliders, New York-style pizza and waffle fries while watching and wagering on your favorite games. On the casino floor, Heart Bar and The Pleasure Pit ensure non-stop excitement each with their own brand of fun. You can also discover the latest trends at the Miracle Mile Shops or socialize and sunbathe at the Planet Hollywood pool, home to dozens of cabanas and the only Las Vegas pool with a FlowRider wave machine. For those who’d rather relax indoors, the Spa by Mandara hosts a bevy of rejuvenating services in a calm, serene setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Destinology, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Travelbag, Odigeo, Priceline, Prestigia, TravelUp, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Planet Hollywood Resort And Casino
- Planet Hollywood Las Vegas
- Planet Hollywood Hotel Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Aladdin
- Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino Las Vegas