This place used to be quite a gem along the strip and somewhere where it was nice to be. However, the lack of maintenance and upkeep is really starting to come through.
The rooms are all worn and many of the amenities on the property are subpar compared with other "4 Star" properties including a worn out spa area (when we were there, they kept having electrical problems meaning the steam room and sauna were constantly shut down), the pool area was really worn down and tired looking with little upkeep and the gym could definitely use a face-lift with all the old equipment.
The rooms themselves are looking very tired with worn out tiles, loose caulking in bathrooms, worn out carpets, broken light fixtures and peeling wallpaper. For the price one pays to stay here at this supposed 4 star resort, there is little to no pride in ownership worth allowing PH to remain in the 4 star category, its a solid 3 now.
Truly, the only thing that PH has going for it is that its centrally located on the strip with Miracle Mile below it anchoring its foundation. Moreover, it vicinity to the City Center complex also helps it a lot with most people being able to wander across the pedestrian bridge quite easily.
Unless the ownership group begins spending a bit of money updating and maintaining everything better, which it has the potential to recover from, PH is free falling into a sorry state of dilapidation and disrepair and not worth staying at if you are expecting a 4 star stay. However, if you want a clean place with easy access to food and shopping and a place to grab a few hours of shut eye before doing it all over again, then this is your place!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience celebrity first hand at the "House that Fame Built" - Planet Hollywood Las Vegas Resort & Casino. With star-worthy accommodations and an upscale atmosphere, you never know who you might see. Dine in style at Gordon Ramsay BurGR Las Vegas, the acclaimed chef’s latest Las Vegas hotspot; at Koi, where Japanese tradition meets California innovation, or at Strip House Las Vegas, the critically acclaimed NYC-based steakhouse. If you’re looking for something a little more casual, stop by the Spice Market Buffet, featuring fare from around the world, or at Ringer, where you can feast on wings and tenders, all-beef sliders, New York-style pizza and waffle fries while watching and wagering on your favorite games. On the casino floor, Heart Bar and The Pleasure Pit ensure non-stop excitement each with their own brand of fun. You can also discover the latest trends at the Miracle Mile Shops or socialize and sunbathe at the Planet Hollywood pool, home to dozens of cabanas and the only Las Vegas pool with a FlowRider wave machine. For those who’d rather relax indoors, the Spa by Mandara hosts a bevy of rejuvenating services in a calm, serene setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Prestigia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Planet Hollywood Resort And Casino
- Planet Hollywood Las Vegas
- Planet Hollywood Hotel Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Aladdin
- Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino Las Vegas