“Swanky and chic, great location on strip”

Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
Ranked #70 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
vermont
“Swanky and chic, great location on strip”
Reviewed 30 March 2009

The hotel, room, and pool are all very chic and well maintained. If you have a chance to enjoy the spa, it is lovely and totally worth the expense. The only downside at all of the hotel is that they don't have free internet access. It seemed really odd for such a nice place. But otherwise we really enjoyed it.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank katevermont

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,092)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 30 March 2009

Like all the major casino/hotels on the Strip, PH encorporates bars, restaurants and shops to draw you in and keep you there. If they invent a new way to try and get money out of you, I'm sure they'll be on it like a shot. I didn't enjoy my stay at PH over all. Everything is so unashamedly artificial and any pleasantries between staff and the public are transparently just another way to try and get more money from you. Commendations must go to the squad of chefs who provided a wonderfuly diverse feast for every meal; every morsel oozing flavour and quality. I enjoy my food and I was very impressed. The rest of the grandeur and pomp could all be scrapped if they'd actually demonstrate a concern for the wellbeing of their customers: a world where, 'Hi, how are you?' and 'Where are you guys from?' are actually friendly conversation starters and not a marketing strategy. I didn't like it: My wife loved it.

2 Thank Nistrum
Salt Lake City, UT
Reviewed 29 March 2009

I just got done going down to vegas for my 21st Birthday, and let me just say right now, I'm very glad i chose to stay planet hollywood. My flight came in around 10 and I got to the hotel and they were very flexible at getting me a room early. Checking in was quick and painless...althought when i went down later in the day to get my key re-pinned the lobby was definately more crowded..... At first the room they gave me wasn't strip view, but thats fine, they got me in early thats all that really mattered.... a little later in the day i called the front desk and asked if they could get me a strip view and they did it with out any problem, I am very Impressed with the staff there, the bell hops are very friendly and very helpful.

I then visited the strip, walking around, just to burn some time until my brothers' plane came in. Soon i returned to my room and we all met up for lunch, I must say this tho, i was not impresses with Earl of Sandwich, my roast beef sandwich was barely even cooked, the bread was even pink from the lack of the meat being cooked.

After lunch, and getting all settled, we decided to hit the tables, where the dealers were really friendly and made the atmosphere even better, i particularly had the very best luck at Roulette, its what i mostly played there, one dealer in particular i think her name was Cindy...she was very nice and i won VERY VERY big when she was dealing, and then my luck seemed to leave when she did to go on break. And i even tried playing at ceasers and luxor and bellagio and did not have the luck that PH did. The casino itself is definately targeted to attract a younger crowd, with the dancers and the music...i absolutely loved the music there, they played Aerosmith alot and i didnt complain cuz it definately complimented the central theme of the casino.

The hotel is very nice, definately worth the price....theres a few things that could be fixed but its no biggie....and it was minor things like a few spots where the wallpaper was peeling ... nothing that cant be easily fixed... its not something that will prevent me from going there again, i definately reccommend this hotel and casino to everyone that is looking for a great time in vegas.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank Bonster322
Dallas
Reviewed 29 March 2009

We have been to Vegas more than 25 times and would rate this hotel near the bottom from a management standpoint. The rooms are average, the restaurants are the same. However, the real downside is you can not walk more than a few feet when one of the staff members are trying to get you to take a "free" condo tour. They were relentless. When trying to find our way to different venues, we found hotel personal that didn't seem to know the lay out of their own hotel. We were there for 4 days and truly felt harassed all the time there.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 27 March 2009

I have nothing but good things to say about this Hotel. The casino was great, the Buffet was great, the shopping was great. This is a great Hotel and at a very good price!

2 Thank ACNYC
NJ
Reviewed 27 March 2009

I was immediately put off when upon first arriving we had to wait in a 45 minute line to check in. This seems to be a common complaint on this page and one would think they had worked to improve it, apparently not. In general I liked they layout of the room and the beds and pillows were very comfortable, which is really the most important thing in a hotel in my opinion. The bathroom area was huge, although it was set up a little strange. I was grossed out when taking a shower though b/c the smell of sewage was coming up through the drain, which wasn't refreshing first thing in the a.m. Also, another big complaint was the lack of lighting, I hated the fact that it was so dark in the room. They should definitely put in 3 way light bulbs that allow guests to control the room's ambiance. Housekeeping did a good job and the room was clean. I didn't use any of the amenities so I can't comment on that. The casino was set up weird and was hard to find your way around and I preferred to spend my casino time in different locations. The location towards the center of the strip is great and is ideally situated to walk to many places. Our price per night was about $120, which I feel was high for the hotel quality. In the future I would consider staying here again if the price was right b/c of the bed's comfort and cleanliness but I would probably look around elsewhere first for a better deal on a similarly located hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank ISellSyn
aberdeen
Reviewed 26 March 2009

Large rooms/bathrooms great beds. Probably as far south on the strip without using transport. as you'd want to be. We stayed in both Strip and mountain view and enjoyed the mountain view more. Free wi-fi was available in the Mandalay bay (Starbucks area) if needed. We did think the sunbathing area was surprisingly basic in such a nice hotel We used the Flamingo facilities which were excellent and they even gave free towels. The Spice market buffet in the Planet had the best food

1 Thank fourstaronly