“As expected”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Denver, Colorado
“As expected”
Reviewed 4 April 2009

Typical 4 star hotel.Location is great, right in the middle of the strip.Rooms are very dark, as mentioned before and there is no coffee service in the room :-( Also it takes a long time for the valet to bring the car, since they don't accept " phone orders", you must physically go out to their kiosk and ask/wait for your car. ( 10-15')
Not as elaborate as other LV hotels but has a nice vibe.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank aiordana

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,284)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
bristol
Reviewed 3 April 2009

Having just stayed at Planet Ho for 8 nights I feel qualified to give a review! Look, it ain't The Bellagio or The Venetian (where I stayed the last couple of times), BUT it is very good value for money. If you want the best of the best, just pay top $ & book the afore mentioned two or The Wynn & I'm sure you'll be happy, but Planet Ho isn't as expensive & it will tick most of the boxes. The casino is smaller than the others mentioned but it means you don't get lost in it so easily(!) & with the addition of The Pleasure Pit it certainly gives it a certain ambience. The rooms are a little dark, but hey, you only sleep in the damn things!!!

The location of the hotel is A1, centre of the strip & walking distance to many of the hotspots in town.

The Spice Market Buffet is definately THE place to eat breakfast, fabulous selection of food etc, & we had quite a number of discount vouchers given to us in & around the hotel to make it really good value. Planet Dailies is good for a burger or lunch snack. For an excellent steak (but not cheap) try The Striphouse on the Mezzinine floor, superb.

The pool is ok, bit of a concrete jungle but it does exactly what it says on the tin!

Had no problems with the staff, but having said that I'm always happy with the service I receive in the U.S. as I come from England, the land of the surly & rude shop assistant/waiters!!!!

In summary, if you drive a Rolls Royce everyday you may want something a little better, but if you're like me & you drive a VW with Rolls asperations then you'll love Planet Ho.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
10 Thank bcfcmitch
Stevenage, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2009

I stayed here for 10 days in Feb, as a single guest. The Hotel room was very dark. I had one bedroom light next to the bed and a small reading light on the table. The wardrobe was of a black coloured wood, and at night you could not see inside the wardrobe, as the room was so dimly lit. The view from the room was of the strip, but looking directly at a building site. The Bathroom was of a large size, and so bright. Maybe I should have stayed in there. All the bathroom fittings were of the old Aladdin fittings.
The casino is of a fair size, light and airy. Though the slots were so tight. I do recommend the Spice Market Buffet. Excellent food, whatever the time of day. Forget about Planet dallies, the 24 hour cafe. The staff are not at all good in serving, actual fact they were a bit rude.
I will not be recommending this hotel to a friend, there are better places to stay on the strip
I do have a tip in Las Vegas, As most hotels are building timeshares now, when you enter casino's from the street, you are sometimes asked if you would like some promotions, free money, etc, etc. Just tell them that you are single. They will soon leave you alone, as they are looking for married couples only for there timeshare appartments.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank Nakedmel
Reading
Reviewed 1 April 2009

The Planet Hollywood is definitely up there as one of the best hotels on the strip and definitely in the best location.

Myself and my partner went to Las Vegas in February and had an amazing time. We paid extra to have a fountain view which I would recommend to anyone, the water shows go on throughout the night and they are amazing! It is lovely to be able to watch them from your room and then walk just outside and see them right in front of you.

The only thing I would say about the rooms is they are badly lit but don't let this put you off because the amount of time you will spend in there is next to nothing, and the bathroom is lit really well so i just got ready in there. We ate at the Spice Market Buffet (which is in the hotel) every morning and it was excellent! $15 for all you can eat buffet, they had cooked breakfast, eggs, bacon sausages etc. Waffles and pancakes, cereals and fresh fruit, everything you could image was there, if you ate mid-morning it would fill you up until dinner!

The casino was by far one of the best on the strip, it is very modern and hip, playing young trendy music which we loved. And the slot machines pay out well, we won $750 on a slot one night which paid for the rest of the holiday! The hotel is lovely, we could not fault it, the maids come round every day, there are bottles of water in the rooms and a drinks machine and ice vendor on every floor. The lobby is amazing, the feel of it when you walk in is what you get throughout the hotel. We didn't use the pool as it was too cold when we were out there but went up and it looks nice.

Over all it was the best holiday we have ever been on and if we went back would not stay anywhere else (apart from the Wynn, but that is on a whole other level and very expensive).

Don't bother going to visit the Circus Circus Hotel, is is awful! We walked in and walked straight back out! Definitely do the stratosphere tower you can see the whole of the strip for $10 it is amazing!
Look out for the volcano show outside the Mirage every hour or so, it is excellent and also the Pirate show outside Treasure Island, they are free and definitely worth watching. We also did the Secret Garden in the Mirage, it has dolphins and lions and was quite good, we also got a Heli Flight free with our trip over the strip at night, it was amazing! You can pay for this over the internet before you goo and it is worth it, I have never been in a helicopter before I would definitely do it again!

Overall excellent holiday and well worth the money!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Brown9386
missouri
Reviewed 30 March 2009

We stayed three nights in Spring 2009. The hotel room was very comfortable - bed and pillows were excellent. Beautiful view of fountains across the street. Room was a bit dark, but good for sleeping. The casino was OK, plenty of table games and poker tournaments not too pricey. Limited craps tables, but lots of other casinos close by. Had a little hassle getting the coupon book that came with our package, but eventually got it. Overall a great stay.

• Stayed February 2009
Toronto, ON
Reviewed 30 March 2009

My girlfriend and I stayed at the planet hollywood for 4 nights. We didn't wait too long to check in as we got to the hotel at 12am after our long flight. We wanted a non smoking room, but were given a smoking room which was terrible. My girlfriend has very bad astma, and we really needed a non smoking room, and we had booked one, but they said they didn't have one similar to the one we booked. We went into this room, and the next morning when we woke up we had a worker walking outside our room on the roof (we were on the 6th floor on the opposite side of the pool area). We didn't know that the 6th floor was the pool area when they gave us the room, but he was watching us change. We changed rooms the 2nd day, and had to wait around the hotel until noon to get a non smoking room on a higher floor. We had plans that morning that we had to put on hold or they told us we may not get the non smoking room. The room had no hot water so we wound up taking a cold shower that morning. I dropped my room key card behind the bed that day, and when I reached down to get it, I pulled up a used condom with the keycard. This was just terrible and the most disguisting thing I've ever experienced. Also at the Hawaian Tropic Zone Bar/Restaurant, we were seated and waited 35 minutes to be served, but no one came out to take our drink order, meal order, etc. We sat for 20 minutes then asked a waitress to be served, but no one ever came back. We finally got up and left and advised the Manager of what happened, but they didn't do anything for us. We spent hundreds of dollars before we left for Vegas buying show tickets to tony and tinas wedding, the v show all of which were playing at Planet Hollywood. When I got back, I was so upset with our experience and emailed them of what happened, and they offered us a free upgrade to the same type of room we stayed in. That in my opinion is not enough. I will never stay at Planet Hollywood resort, ts not a true 4 star place.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank parmalicious
belfast
Reviewed 30 March 2009

We stayed at Planet Hollywood last week as a finale to our honeymoon spent traveling in California and ending in Las Vegas. I have to say I agree with many of the previous reviews; this place is definitely not four star! Whilst the staff at PH were perfectly nice and the room fairly pleasant it certainly wasn't what I was expecting. The check in was definitely way too long. The room was indeed dark and this was not helped by the fact that some of the lights were not working. Small little touches were missing that we even managed to get in cheaper hotels such as a coffee maker. There was a strong smell of cigarette smoke coming from the air vents which was really off putting as non smokers. They need not have bothered with the movie memorabilia as it clearly was tacked on as an after thought to the Aladdin.
The most unpleasant side of our stay was the constant barrage of marketing missiles laid on us as we tried to walk through the casino. WARNING! Do not stop for anyone offering you 'free' tickets for shows! We fell for this on the first day as we were under the impression that we were being approached by PH staff. It then transpired that it was a time share pitch for the PH Towers at Westgate (under construction behind the hotel). We were promised shows and free food for 90mins of our time. This seemed reasonable so we consented and we were assured that it was perfectly acceptable to say we weren't interested and pocket the tickets after it was over. When we turned up for the viewing, we were greeted by a very pleasant girl who did a very good job at trying to sell us a "piece of the strip". We said we weren't interested and she then called a manager over to talk with us. I have to say I have never encountered a ruder individual in my life! He actually had the audacity to have a go at us because we didn't wish to join their ridiculous scheme. He made a very personal comment about our mortgage situation on our own home. I was actually in shock for the rest of the day I was so upset. When we were leaving PH we made an official complaint about the individual involved and also to Planet Hollywood for allowing guests to be subjected to this harrassment. They are only interested on which marketing scams they can lay on you so save yourself the hassle and go somewhere a bit nicer with more class.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple