“Would definetley stay again”

Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
Ranked #65 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 May 2009

This was a great place and location also. The room was very nice. We were upgraded to a Resort room and it was a lot roomier and also had double sinks which was nice. Only thing I can say is that I kept hearing a very faint thud thud thud all day and night - I think it was from the elevator. But we werent right near it. We tried Planet Dailies, Yolos and also the spice market buffet during our stay and it was great food at all 3 places. We loved Yolos the most. We also used the pool and hot tub. They were both nice and they also had drink service at the pool only complaint was that it was slow...I think since only 1 gal was working the pool area it seemed and it was verrry hot! We really liked the location and it was nice to just roam the shops at Miracle Miles rather than go out in the heat during the day. Nice choice of shops too. We would surley stay at PH again if we're in Vegas.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank skana911

Reviewed 11 May 2009

With soooo many choices of hotels in Las Vegas you really have to have the pros/cons laid out before deciding...I did not do this. I just jumped in to a package deal that seemed affordable at the time.

We had a late check-in. Around 10:30PM on Friday, 4 people working the desk. 25 min wait only 2 people ahead of us in line. Clerk was not helpful with the show tickets that were included with my package - we wanted to make sure that we would be able to get good seats for the show, but by the time we checked in the box office and concierge were both closed and there was "nothing he could do" - ok, fine. Got the high floor, fountain view room as requested, but was directly next to the elevator... ALWAYS SPECIFY NOT NEAR THE ELEVATORS.. I usually don't even bother requesting this because it has never happened to me before, but these elevators are LOUD- it literally shook the bathroom, like a mini-earthquake, every time it went by the floor. Only staying a few nights and didn't plan on sleeping very much so didn't bother changing rooms. Great view (of Bellagio fountains and Paris pool) decent size room, nice TV, large bathroom, large tub, separate shower overall decent room.

Around 11 - ABC store in the mall was still open (Thank you tripadvisor forums) and we were able to stock up on water and snacks before the weekend. Did not have a Do Not Disturb sign in room, didn't think it was going to be a problem until 8 AM the knock on the door came - go figure- we were up, but not out the door 8 AM really???
Next morning went down to concierge before breakfast, who was also unhelpful in getting us seats to the show - what exactly does the concierge do then??? Returned mid-afternoon to box office and was told that all seats in the section that I had reserved (and paid extra money for) were taken and that I had to sit further from the stage. I let it go taking the advice that the seats we were given were a better view anyways. So the "Peepshow" isn't worth anyone's time or money unless you are a teen boy looking for a cheap thrill or giggle. They closed the balcony completely for the 10:30 show and asked everyone (who paid 10-20 dollars less than I did) to move up and sit right behind me. Was not a happy camper after that. Sat through the whole show, but many did not make it through - a lot of couples left early. The singers in the show are actually very talented, but the story really didn't make much sense and I didn't even catch on to the nursery rhyme theme until 1/2 way through.
Casino is young and hip...I actually really like the addition of dancers to the casino floor (the pleasure pit) adds a party-like atmosphere to the place, but many of the casinos have these now. Went to the Planet Dailies restaurant for late-night snacking and was practically empty - same diner food you would get anywhere else, so I was happy to get in and out pretty quick. Extra lounge is just an open area seating around a bar - nothing special. Also ate at Earl of Sandwich - near mall, decent fast-food spot. Overall not bad, but not great. When we were leaving a restaurant at the Bellagio we were told we could put it on our room tab if we were staying at any of the MGM properties...I think this is great, don't know how long they've been doing that, but it definately makes me want to stay at an MGM property next time. In summary, don't go to Planet Hollywood unless you have a great deal-otherwise there are so many other hotels in Vegas that offer more.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank luvs2travelmel
Reviewed 11 May 2009

Stayed Apr 24-27 for friend's 40th B-day. Great location!! Didn't I already say that?! Right in the centre of the best parts of Vegas.

Check in was a breeze (arrived Friday at 4pm) and was given an upgraded room with views of the strip and Bellagio Fountain just because we were being nice to the girl :) Room was standard but very clean and quiet (overlooked the pool but noise stopped at 6pm each night). Beds were very comfortable which is all you can ask for in Vegas, comfy beds and clean rooms.

Spice Market Buffet was very good. We ended up eating there for dinner both Fri and Sat nights and for breakfast each morning (had $5 off coupons for all of us, so well worth it).

The boys enjoyed the dancing girls in the casino at night. Very attractive and young crowds throughout.

Mall attached to hotel was great (check out the jewellary at Ultra Diamonds - bought beautiful emeral necklace and got $100 off coupon in mall book!).

Went to V-Ultimate Variety show - waste of money (was entertaining, but would rather have spent the cash at Peepshow or a Cirque show).

Didn't get a chance to use the spa, but talked to a lady in the elevator that had just come from there and was in a very blissful state.

Only gave value a 4 out of five because it can be a little more pricey that other hotels, but it's well worth it!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank loves2travel71
Reviewed 10 May 2009

Me and my partner stayed here as the second part of a twin centre holiday with Virgin Holidays, we went to New York first.
The hotel is massive and is in such a brilliant location, very central on the strip! I would say this hotel is for the younger person as its very lively bright and just generally aimed at the younger person.
The rooms are large and we had one with a brilliant view over the Paris next door and towards the strip. The bed is huge and the bathroom is too, i want a replica of it in my house! All complete with a 42inch plasma tv and movie memrobilia on the walls!
There is a pool but wasnt open the time of year we were there, there is a spa but didnt get the chance to try it :-(... there are lots of places to eat there are lots of places to shop as there is the miracle mile of shops (including restaurants) which have a indoor rainstorm every hour!
Lots of shows going on and a nightclub 'Prive' which was so busy while we were there as one night they had Benji madden DJ'ing and then Samantha Ronson another night!
Oh and the casino is great fun to have a little flutter, on the slots, poker, roulette anything oh and in the pleasure pit you can find pole dancers bedind the croupiers!
I would recommend this hotel to young couples or groups of friends who want the luxury with a bit of fun!

Also go and see a Cirque De Soleil performance!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank The_Cocktail_Queen
Reviewed 7 May 2009

I had read some of the bad reviews that are posted here about Ph after booking my trip to vegas and i thought what did i get myself in to; but after my stay at PH March 26-30 they proved them wrong. The stay was Great everybody was friendly and the hotel itself is beautiful but the Best thing was the Prices it was so cheap. (I guess thats what won me over:) The location is great too right on the strip. I would stay again in Ph when visiting vegas.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AmyAlexia
Reviewed 7 May 2009

As the title indicates, this hotel is in a great spot. Right on the strip! It's clean, the rooms are fine (although nothing special), and the workers are friendly. A few complaints:
1. The check-in took way too long. They had a long counter with computers for check-in, but only 2 people working the counter. I waited in line for 45 minutes. Ridiculous!
2. Wireless internet access was $14/day.
3. Access to the exercise room is $25. This is the first hotel I've been to that charges to use a fitness room.
The buffet was excellent quality, but pricey! They did offer a $5 off coupon (per person) at check-in, which helped.
I got lost every time in the casino. They purposely hide the doors - and it works. It's nearly impossible to get out of there. Wouldn't want to be in there if a fire broke out!
It's tough to navigate around the city. Going to downtown (Freemont St) is difficult because a bus ride takes 30-40 minutes - even though it's not very far. There are many stops along the way. Even walking to other casinos on the strip is a bit challenging due to the massive amount of construction and poorly designed crosswalks.
Overall though, great location and I'd consider going back.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank Cbass200096
Reviewed 6 May 2009

Check-in (around 2pm) took a while (20min +), but with the rodeo in town it was to be expected (cowboys, real ones, everywhere! Awesome.). The reception area, like the rest of the hotel, is brand new and looks amazing but background music was a bit too loud to hear the reception staff clearly. The room was fairly clean, with usual PH memorabilia, nice big flat screen HD telly, large beds (we got twin dbls as travelling with family wanted adjoining rooms), décor/furniture was new and the view was just of the rear of the hotel. On the down side was there wasn’t a lot of storage for clothing and the room was dark, the lighting could “sensual” all day long but if you needed to find something/read/put makeup on, it failed miserably. Bathroom was bright and clean, looked to be still in the “Aladdin” style, but functioned as expected, with a nice large walk in shower with plenty of room.
Maid service was poor, room wasn’t cleaned as thoroughly as one would expect (I may be British but I was following correct tipping protocol!).
Room service was great, brilliant selection, had a Planet Dallies breakfast and a meal from P.F.Changs, both arrived promptly, warm and with a smile.
Had breakfast at the Spice Market Buffet and Planet Dallies both had good selection, decent quality nothing too marvelous but all very nice. Ate a Koi one night, the restaurant looked good, service was good, but the food wasn’t as incredible as the price implied, wouldn’t eat there again.
Not a gambler but didn’t seem to have the largest choice of games on the strip. Bars where standard affair, nothing to write home about, usual selection of beer (Sin City Brewery in the Miracle Mile is the best choice for decent beer), service was as good as expected.
Didn’t go to Prive but it drew huge crowds, which added to the generally “trendy” young patrons of the hotel/casino.
The Miracle Mile adds plenty more bars and restaurants as well as plentiful shopping (the ABC Stores where very handy). Only trouble is walking through the whole mall if you self park, not fun.
Overall the hotel was good, the maid service let it down, décor, however superficial, added to the experience. Location, mid strip, helped with exploring other hotels. Only ranking “Average” as it wasn’t nearly a “Very Good”. As with a stay a NYNY before this, with so much choice in LV, I doubt I’d go back, but I wouldn’t discourage others.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple