“Great Stay”

Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
Ranked #59 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 May 2009

We stayed at the Planet Hollywood for four nights. The Planet Hollywood is in a perfect location on the Vegas Strip. Our room was very large. The bathroom was huge. There was a large LCD TV in the room, two big windows, and the most comfortable beds. Everything was clean, well stocked and in good working order. The only issue we faced was with a toilette that got plugged, but they were to our room in 10 minutes to fix it.

1  Thank RogueMonk
Write a ReviewReviews (22,371)

Reviewed 13 May 2009

We got a great deal through Allegiance Air on this hotel - roundtrip airfare for two plus three nights in a Hollywood Hip room for $640 total. The rooms themselves are on the small side, but the bathroom are huge. The only other place where I've had a bathroom that large was at Caesars Palace in an upgraded Tower Room for at least twice the price. I realize PH dolled up their smaller rooms and called them "Hollywood Hip" to slap a premium price on them (the cheaper rooms are actually larger), but I don't spend much time in the room so I don't care. The casino's signage is lacking, but the friendly staff and dealers more than make up for it. Although I prefer other casinos' poker rooms, PH's is decent. The pools are clean and there were ample chairs even on Saturday morning. The $3 Bud Light Lime special at the pool was great. The restaurants in the Casino were all quality. Yolo's is the best for a moderately priced lunch or dinner. The Strip is a fantastic steakhouse with food comparable to The Prime's and less pretentious service - no view of the fountains though. The location of PH is great, central to all the major casinos. My only complaint is that they still charge $12.95/day for internet.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank NHSkier81
Reviewed 12 May 2009

Overall this is a great hotel, especially when you compare it to others on the strip. The location is excellent, close to both the south and north ends. Stay away from the Spice Market Buffet -- gross!! Never again!! Planet Dailies was good food. The pool was alright, nothing exciting and it closed at 7pm (I thought this was way too early). I liked the atmosphere of this hotel. Lots to see and do. Watch out for the coupon books offering 2 for 1 drinks. One drink cost $9 (how is this a deal??). Would stay here again.

1  Thank shouston
Reviewed 11 May 2009

This was a great place and location also. The room was very nice. We were upgraded to a Resort room and it was a lot roomier and also had double sinks which was nice. Only thing I can say is that I kept hearing a very faint thud thud thud all day and night - I think it was from the elevator. But we werent right near it. We tried Planet Dailies, Yolos and also the spice market buffet during our stay and it was great food at all 3 places. We loved Yolos the most. We also used the pool and hot tub. They were both nice and they also had drink service at the pool only complaint was that it was slow...I think since only 1 gal was working the pool area it seemed and it was verrry hot! We really liked the location and it was nice to just roam the shops at Miracle Miles rather than go out in the heat during the day. Nice choice of shops too. We would surley stay at PH again if we're in Vegas.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank skana911
Reviewed 11 May 2009

With soooo many choices of hotels in Las Vegas you really have to have the pros/cons laid out before deciding...I did not do this. I just jumped in to a package deal that seemed affordable at the time.

We had a late check-in. Around 10:30PM on Friday, 4 people working the desk. 25 min wait only 2 people ahead of us in line. Clerk was not helpful with the show tickets that were included with my package - we wanted to make sure that we would be able to get good seats for the show, but by the time we checked in the box office and concierge were both closed and there was "nothing he could do" - ok, fine. Got the high floor, fountain view room as requested, but was directly next to the elevator... ALWAYS SPECIFY NOT NEAR THE ELEVATORS.. I usually don't even bother requesting this because it has never happened to me before, but these elevators are LOUD- it literally shook the bathroom, like a mini-earthquake, every time it went by the floor. Only staying a few nights and didn't plan on sleeping very much so didn't bother changing rooms. Great view (of Bellagio fountains and Paris pool) decent size room, nice TV, large bathroom, large tub, separate shower overall decent room.

Around 11 - ABC store in the mall was still open (Thank you tripadvisor forums) and we were able to stock up on water and snacks before the weekend. Did not have a Do Not Disturb sign in room, didn't think it was going to be a problem until 8 AM the knock on the door came - go figure- we were up, but not out the door 8 AM really???
Next morning went down to concierge before breakfast, who was also unhelpful in getting us seats to the show - what exactly does the concierge do then??? Returned mid-afternoon to box office and was told that all seats in the section that I had reserved (and paid extra money for) were taken and that I had to sit further from the stage. I let it go taking the advice that the seats we were given were a better view anyways. So the "Peepshow" isn't worth anyone's time or money unless you are a teen boy looking for a cheap thrill or giggle. They closed the balcony completely for the 10:30 show and asked everyone (who paid 10-20 dollars less than I did) to move up and sit right behind me. Was not a happy camper after that. Sat through the whole show, but many did not make it through - a lot of couples left early. The singers in the show are actually very talented, but the story really didn't make much sense and I didn't even catch on to the nursery rhyme theme until 1/2 way through.
Casino is young and hip...I actually really like the addition of dancers to the casino floor (the pleasure pit) adds a party-like atmosphere to the place, but many of the casinos have these now. Went to the Planet Dailies restaurant for late-night snacking and was practically empty - same diner food you would get anywhere else, so I was happy to get in and out pretty quick. Extra lounge is just an open area seating around a bar - nothing special. Also ate at Earl of Sandwich - near mall, decent fast-food spot. Overall not bad, but not great. When we were leaving a restaurant at the Bellagio we were told we could put it on our room tab if we were staying at any of the MGM properties...I think this is great, don't know how long they've been doing that, but it definately makes me want to stay at an MGM property next time. In summary, don't go to Planet Hollywood unless you have a great deal-otherwise there are so many other hotels in Vegas that offer more.

2  Thank luvs2travelmel
Reviewed 11 May 2009

Stayed Apr 24-27 for friend's 40th B-day. Great location!! Didn't I already say that?! Right in the centre of the best parts of Vegas.

Check in was a breeze (arrived Friday at 4pm) and was given an upgraded room with views of the strip and Bellagio Fountain just because we were being nice to the girl :) Room was standard but very clean and quiet (overlooked the pool but noise stopped at 6pm each night). Beds were very comfortable which is all you can ask for in Vegas, comfy beds and clean rooms.

Spice Market Buffet was very good. We ended up eating there for dinner both Fri and Sat nights and for breakfast each morning (had $5 off coupons for all of us, so well worth it).

The boys enjoyed the dancing girls in the casino at night. Very attractive and young crowds throughout.

Mall attached to hotel was great (check out the jewellary at Ultra Diamonds - bought beautiful emeral necklace and got $100 off coupon in mall book!).

Went to V-Ultimate Variety show - waste of money (was entertaining, but would rather have spent the cash at Peepshow or a Cirque show).

Didn't get a chance to use the spa, but talked to a lady in the elevator that had just come from there and was in a very blissful state.

Only gave value a 4 out of five because it can be a little more pricey that other hotels, but it's well worth it!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank loves2travel71
Reviewed 10 May 2009

Me and my partner stayed here as the second part of a twin centre holiday with Virgin Holidays, we went to New York first.
The hotel is massive and is in such a brilliant location, very central on the strip! I would say this hotel is for the younger person as its very lively bright and just generally aimed at the younger person.
The rooms are large and we had one with a brilliant view over the Paris next door and towards the strip. The bed is huge and the bathroom is too, i want a replica of it in my house! All complete with a 42inch plasma tv and movie memrobilia on the walls!
There is a pool but wasnt open the time of year we were there, there is a spa but didnt get the chance to try it :-(... there are lots of places to eat there are lots of places to shop as there is the miracle mile of shops (including restaurants) which have a indoor rainstorm every hour!
Lots of shows going on and a nightclub 'Prive' which was so busy while we were there as one night they had Benji madden DJ'ing and then Samantha Ronson another night!
Oh and the casino is great fun to have a little flutter, on the slots, poker, roulette anything oh and in the pleasure pit you can find pole dancers bedind the croupiers!
I would recommend this hotel to young couples or groups of friends who want the luxury with a bit of fun!

Also go and see a Cirque De Soleil performance!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple