“Girls Weekend” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Frisco, Texas
“Girls Weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2009

My girlfriends and I met up in Vegas this past week (wed-sat) and stayed at PH. I got a GREAT deal through Hotwire ($93/night...can't believe it was that cheap)! The hotel itself is pretty trendy...lots of pretty lights, bling bling decor, & great music. Great for singles!

I was nervous about the room not being nice enough but it was exactly like the pictures (sometimes you get tricked). Our room was themed from the 1985 movie Perfect with John Travolta and Jamie Lee Curtis so I was pleased that we didn't get some freaky weird room. We especially loved the bathroom since the toilet had its own door so the other girls could get ready or shower or whatever. The thing I didn't especially like was that the shower door was totally see-through (okay if you're a couple but kinda weird if you're just friends).

The casino is a bit small compared to the other nice hotels on the strip but that was okay with us b/c we weren't there for the gambling. The pleasure pit was interesting though b/c there were these girls in lingerie dancing around a pole. Prive is a really nice club located in the hotel. There's lots of places to eat as well as a mall attached to it (go to ABC to get liquor...much cheaper than getting it at the club). The spa was just your average dayspa with sauna/whirlpool/etc...get Gerry for a deep tissue massage. The pool could've been better for a 4 star, but that was okay since we got to see Russell Brand sitting in the cabana across the pool!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank oupharmd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,868)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Woodinville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2009

The only reason I even stayed there was because my friend booked there and she wanted me to stay there as well. Check in line was very long and took me 45 min. Then I explained that it was my friend's 50th birthday that day and wondered if they could do anything special for her. I was told no that they were too busy.
The room was OK. Had some missing cupboard doors. Window to outside was filthy!! Had wiring pulled from walls. Blinds didn't block out all light.
View was great.
Pool lounge chairs extremely filthy. Stained and dirty.
Empoyees rude to my friends at the desks.
Key cards deactivated in the middle of stay.
When I mentioned to the fron desk about the disatisfication of the stay, they really were unsympathetic.
It is a great location. I am used to staying at the Venetian and the service is complete opposite!!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank HeatherERRN
Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2009

I've been to Vegas plenty of times, and have spent less money for a room on the strip and received better service than what Planet Hollywood has to offer. Upon our arrival we were not greeted with a smile or even a welcome to Planet Hollywood. The best greeting came from the staff trying to promote the PH Westgate time share.

I'm still trying to figure out why PH has a housekeeping staff that doesn't clean all of the rooms. We had to pull a housekeeper from another room just to dump our trash and replenish our towels, bottled water and newspaper (which we were charged a mandatory fee of $5.95 per day for the water and paper). I know you don't come to Vegas to watch TV, but when you are in the room and you want to watch TV offering HBO in the room would be nice instead of just offering local channels. The iron in our room leaked water out onto our clothes as we were ironing; it took housekeeping 2 hours to bring a new iron to the room.

My friend's husband was down in the Casino area, and asked for a glass of Remy...the cocktail waitress told him "We only Serve Remy to High Rollers". How rude of her to assume that he wasn't a "High Roller".

The overall layout of the hotel was poorly designed, the non-smoking room smelled like a smoking room, the construction view of City Center may be a nice view once it's built but as for now it sucks. Planet Hollywood only has one main line that you have to wait sometimes 20 or more mins just to get connected to another room or even the front desk. As for what's good to eat at Planet Hollywood: The Spice Market & PF Chang had the best food. Having Miracle Mall right next door to the hotel was great!!!

2 Thank MyReviewJust4U
Wilmington, Delaware
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Planet Hollywood Hotel and Casino 4/21 through 4/27/09. We booked through Expedia. It was the worst experience I have had travelling to Las vegas - and I have been there 9 times. Customer service on the part of the Housekeeping manager, front desk supervisor and security were essentially non-existent. Our room would not be serviced until I called 3 or 4 times per day even though I would rise early (about 7am) and leave the service soon sign on my door handle. At 2-3 or even 4 pm the room would still not be serviced. The housekeeping manager and front desk supervisor offered excuses like it is a big property, etc. When the housekeeping manager finally offered a complimentary breakfast buffet for our inconvenience, he did not notify the approriate people in the buffet or provided me with a coupon despite my asking if it was necessary. This led to further inconvenience and aggravation. And the floor I booked and stayed on was supposed to be non-smoking yet the occupants in the room next to mine clearly smoked. I stopped at security and the front desk twice to have this addressed and no one ever got back to me and the smoking continued. Clearly, this hotel has a lot of work to do on customer service. The hotel is located on a favorable spot on the strip and has great potential. Based on my experiences and lack of follow up on the hotel's part, I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jake4352
Chilliwack BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2009

We stayed at P.H. May 10-15. We got an excellent package deal through Allegiant Airlines out of Bellingham. Arriving in the evening, check in was quick and efficient. We were given a non-smoking, king sized room (as requested) overlooking the south strip. The bed was very comfortable and we loved the roomy bathroom with separate toilet area. Hotel has easy access to the Miracle Mile mall (ask at customer service for their coupon book) with plenty of shops and restaurants. That's what we liked about P.H. - now for what we didn't like.

Internet access costly; dark rooms, resort fees (which all of Vegas seems to charge). We were shocked that people were smoking in the hallways when we had a non-smoking room. Ashtrays were provided by the elevators, inviting smokers to light up. The music in the centre casino area was so loud it grated your nerves and we just wanted to get out of there. (Most of he go-go dancers looked bored stiff.) Slot machines in a back area made no noise at all so they didn't create any excitement. They were the stingiest slots anyway, so we soon went gambling elsewhere. We were given a coupon book with discounts for dining, etc. We went to Planet Dailies coffee shop and although the prices were on the high end thought the coupons would compensate the difference. Once we were seated we noticed food arriving in baskets as though it was a drive-in. No thanks! We left and didn't try any other P.H. restaurants. We found several in the mall that were more reasonably priced. There are plenty of hotel deals going on so we'd stay somewhere else if we return.

Tips on Vegas - we happened to used Ritz shuttle service from the airport. This company didn't take credit cards though so be prepared to pay cash. We paid for a return trip and they were prompt at pick up time. We took the shuttle bus to the outlet mall in Primm using a 2-1 coupon found on the internet. We did find a few bargains. We bought day tickets for the monorail which cost $26 for 2 - NOT worthwhile in our opinion. You can only access a few stations and you still walk miles to get to anything. A bus pass is a far better option. We also dislked the fact smoking is permitted virtually everywhere in casinos. Vegas is behind the times as several countries have smoking bans in public places. They should at least have non-smoking areas in casinos.

We haven't stayed in Vegas for years, and overall we found the 'new' Vegas to be expensive with it's designer/brand shops, celebrity chef restaurants and high priced shows. We missed the old Vegas with loose slots, inexpensive food and a fun atmosphere. There are still some bargains but you need to search and use coupons. The good news is we won't complain about the prices in London anymore!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank globetrotter99
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2009

My husband and I just returned from our first stay at the Planet Hollywood Hotel. We had a an awesome time and the hotel is beautiful. The staff was great at check in and they upgraded us to a strip view room for free. The room was large, and the bathroom was also spacious. The bed was the most comfortable bed we had ever slept on. Our room was quite. We never heard anything through the walls or doors.

This hotel is right in the middle of the strip and close to everything. We would stay here again in a heart beat. Great price for a great room!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank KMacD876
Alberta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2009

It is a very noisy hotel. Loud music, loud people and loud rooms! lol Yes we had a noisy room, 3541. You could hear people talking in the other room, and the water pipes were soooo noisy from the other room, it woke us early!! The rooms were very clean, although rather tired looking for being a newer hotel. The bed was OK, Ive slept on worse. The room had a very large flatscreen and there is a safe. If you are there for a party vacation, then its a place for you.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple