“Not Impressed”

GreenLeadersBronze level
A TripAdvisor Member
PA
Reviewed 7 June 2005

My family and I stayed at the Aladdin in April for 5 nights. While the overall hotel and amenities were nice, the rooms were not. Ours was clean but worn. Everything in the room looked like it had seen better days. I had read other reviews here and many stated that the beds were uncomfortable. I didn't think much of it but believe me.....if you would like to get a good nights rest, don't stay here. I called to complain about the beds and was told that they could move me to another room but the beds were all the same, so we didn't bother moving. The bathroom was large but again looked old and worn. Our shower had mold in it but they did send someone up to clean it. I would NEVER stay at this hotel again and I wold NEVER recommend it to anyone. Considering the price we paid for it, there are much nicer hotels on the Strip. Try the Mirage.

• Stayed: April 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (21,599)

Reviewed 6 June 2005

just spent 4 days at the aladdin after checking out the reviews on this site....got upgraded to a suite on the 18th floor where you could sit in the large tub and look out at the bellagio fountains and the paris hotel....if you spun around you can soak and look up at the 25" tv above you....also a nice size walk in shower with more than adequate vanity space in both the bathroom and dressing area....beds were so-so, but overall it was a nice sized room with an odd curved floor plan that made it unique...the parking is a bit of a challenge, kind of far off from the hotel and in the middle of the mile long circular "shopping mall" that is part of the hotel...it would definitely have been better to drop off the luggage and have them park the car.....it took a while to find our way around, but im sure they want you take the extra time in the shops and the casino while your desperately looking for the correct tower and elevator....pools were nice, but nothing extrordinary....if you make reservations, check daily because unlike the old days, rates change daily depending on availability....i started out at 79/nite, then noticed the rates dropped to 59/nite for 2 of the days...i called and without hesitation had both days reduced happily....they then proceeded to rise to 129/nt a day or 2 later?....bottom line is a nice, new feeling modern casino/hotel (with really tight slots)....at the right price we would stay here again...

8  Thank bobambro
Reviewed 5 June 2005

i stayed at the aladdin hotel in las vegas nevada, it was the best vacation i had! the reviews i read were not good, but i took my chances for a good price and it was way worth the trip, the service ,the hotel was beautiful, the pools were fantastic. the food in all the restraunts, were the best, we ate at the ellements, very good and the mexican food was the best we had!

beautiful atomosphere! I go back tommorrow, if i got a free trip to return.

5  Thank Tod English girl
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 June 2005

We stayed at the Alladin only one night, unfortunately. I would have never come home. The hotel is right in the middle of the strip, you can walk anywhere. Free valet parking, very nice people at front desk. We were upgraded, without asking, to a panoramic suite on the 34th floor, with amazing view over the strip - unforgettable. The suite was bigger than our apartment in Chiago, with 2 tvs (one big flat screen), 2 bathrooms and a huge bath tub and separate sower. You can bath and enjoy tv or the view at the same time. The buffet was good, but we had to wait abot 40 minutes to get in. A lot of stores in the Desert Passage. I will definetly go back.

• Stayed: May 2005
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 June 2005

My stay at the Aladdin over Memorial Day weekend was my second time there. This is probably my favorite place to stay on the strip! If at all possible, try to get a resort room. They cost a little more but the rooms are about 100 square feet larger than the standard rooms, have a sofa and face the strip. The bathrooms which are large in the standard rooms are even larger in the resort rooms!! I LOVE the bathrooms! There are sinks with mirrors on two walls-across from each other, a large soaking tub, glass enclosed shower stall and a toilet with a door so that you can have your privacy while others are getting dressed. This was great for 3 girls getting ready at the same time. Both the standard and resort rooms have a large desk with computer but I have no idea what the charge is to use it since using a computer was the last thing on my mind! (A friend of ours was comped a Panoramic Suite and we partied there one night-it was incredible-floor to ceiling windows that faced the Bellagio, jacuzzi tub in the middle of the suite, large wet bar, 2 bathrooms, tons of floor space-it would be a great place for a party) Check in was quick, about 15 minutes, and this was on a busy holiday weekend. The entertaiment at the Aladdin is excellent! There are two pools-when you go out to the pool on the 6th floor, head to the pool on the right. That pool has a live band that rocks! They were sooooooo good! A great place to get some sun, have a few cocktails and party! Also, the drinks by the pool are pretty expensive. They are serving some great drinks in a 'Genie Bottle' that cost about $15. For the same size drink in the same bottle, order off the Fat Tuesdays menu at the indoor bar located right in the middle of the two pools. The drinks on that menu are about $7 and they will last you quite a while! (Get some extra ice in a separate cup-they melt fast in the heat!) Another place that you must visit if you like live music and like to dance is Sinbad's Lounge. Again, another excellent party band! No cover charge. A great alternative to Curve. The only restaurant that we tried at the Aladdin was the Zanzibar Cafe. Huge selection-not gourmet by any means, but a darn good cheeseburger was had at 4:00 am!! One of my favorite places to eat that is just off the strip is Battista's Hole in the Wall. It's located on Flamingo Rd, right past the Bourbon Street Hotel (a 10 to 15 minute walk from the Aladdin). Battista's is an italian place where the menu is written on the walls and all meals include soup or salad, yummy garlic bread, cappucino and ALL the wine you can drink-both red and white!!I think we drank 3 large carafes of wine-the red is my favorite! The entrees start at about $12. There is a little old man (Gordy) that goes around the restaurant playing the accordian. He has been there for years. Of course when he stops at your table to play he is expecting a tip, but he is charming and doesn't linger too long!! If you are waiting in the bar for a table, try your luck on the slot machines. I have won enough to pay for dinner several times! The only drawback to the Aladdin is that check-out time is 11:00 am. They very rarely will give you a late check-out. On the other hand, it is nice to have your room ready for you when you arrive! They will, of course, store your luggage for you if you have a late flight. Their casino is nicely laid out. Didn't have any luck, but still had alot of fun! Lots of good shopping in Desert Passage if you like to shop. I found all the employees to be very friendly and helpful, from the front desk to the cocktail waitresses. I will definitely be staying here again upon my next visit to Vegas. It will soon be the Planet Hollywood and I was told that they are changing the decor. It's already very nice-I can't imagine what they will do to make it better. Happy travels everyone!

• Stayed: May 2005, travelled on business
24  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed 2 June 2005

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Aladdin May 25-27, 2005. We arrived late in the evening and were told that there were no more rooms with king beds as we had requested and the only rooms with doubles that were non-smoking were rooms with no view. We decided to upgrade to a room with a view of the Bellagio fountains for an additional $30.00/night. Our room was on the 36th floor and we had an amazing view of the Bellagio and could watch the water show directly form our window. Our room was large and the bathroom was great! The beds were on the hard side though.

We were unable to get internet access in our room. My boyfriend spent several minutes on the phone with the front desk as they attempted to help him set up his wireless connection for his laptop. They had him lying under the desk on his back trying to connect wires etc. When this did not work, we were told someone would be up to help, however no one ever came.

We liked the casino, mall and restaurants (however service was on the slow side). We waited at the cafe for about 15 -20 minutes late on Wednesday night but no waitress ever came by to take our order, so we left.

The Aladdin is in a great location on the strip and overall we enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: May 2005
9  Thank kellyly2017
Reviewed 1 June 2005

I've stayed here a bunch of times and still love it. I would recommend the upgrade for the view though, unless that doesn't matter. The bathroom is amazing - the tub is large enough to accomodate a long person, and the shower is seperate, which is nice. The full length mirror is also a bonus. I love that the check-in is not sharing elbow space with the casino, that you can get to your room quickly after checking in without having to walk across the desert. I would recommend the valet park rather than the self park, as the walk through the mall and the casino (dragging luggage) can be a pain. Also nice are the stores in the attached Desert Passage - the ABC store has all the stuff normally forgotten (razor, deoderant, etc).
I realize that the resort has been bought by Planet Hollywood, but I really hope they don't change much. I would suggest they update the pool area though, it's rather barren.
The staff has always been friendly and helpful - no matter the hour or need.

• Stayed: April 2005