“Married at Planet Hollywood!”

Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
Ranked #64 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bristol, CT
“Married at Planet Hollywood!”
Reviewed 24 September 2009

My fiance (now husband) and I stayed at Planet Hollywood from August 14-18, as we had booked a wedding package & reception at PH. The only negative I can say abut the hotel was the length of time it took to check-in. This was our 4th trip to Vegas in two years, and all our previous experiences with hotel check-in in the city was that the lines (when there were lines) pretty much zipped along. I'm not sure if it was because PH doesn't have as many check-in stations, or if there was just an extraordinary number of people trying to check-in at the same time, but we were definitely in line well over an hour. However, the stress I felt from the wedding went away as soon as I saw our room. We had booked the "Father of the Bride" package which included a two night stay in one of PH's panorama suites. I have never seen such an amazing hotel room in my entire life. The room had a 180 degree panoramic view of the strip, with the focus being the Bellagio founains. The suite itself consisted of a seperate standard size hotel room, and the suite, which included two bathrooms, a living room, dining room, bar area, huge bedroom, and bathroom. The decor was fantastic - so clean, sleek, and modern. The rooms themselves were immaculate. Because it is Planet Hollywood, all accomodations have a different memorabilia theme. Ours was Star Trek, and it was fun to see how the different props and costumes were displayed in the room. It was definitely tasteful. The suite was so large and spacious. I think it was bigger than the condo we live in back home! I never wanted to leave, and it was nice to see how the upper half lives!! Upon check-in room service came to our suite witha basket of cheese, crackers, fruit, and chocolates.
Our wedding ceremony was held in the chapel at Planet Hollywood. The chapel was very simple, elegant, and beautiful, and was the perfect size for our 20 guests. As part of the package we had a violonist who performed 3 songs of our choosing. The reception was held in our suite, and there was more than enough room and seating for everyone to eat and dance. The flowers, music, and cake were all customized for us, and the food that was brought up was out of this world, and that was also customized. The bar essentials were also included. The wedding planners and photographers really went above and beyond to make our day special, and the concierge staff was always so helpful. We would call room service and they would be at our door in no more than 5 minutes no matter how silly the request may have seemed. The next morning they brought us breakfast in bed. I've heard all of the stereotypes regarding Vegas weddings, and the event we had at Planet Hollywood really put all of them to bed. We had a beautiful day, and if anyone is looking for a location in Vegas to have their wedding that doesn't involve Elvis or a drive-thru, I would recommend Planet Hollywood in an instant. It was a memorable day for us and our guests.
Aside from the wedding, Planet Hollywood is one of my favorite casinos on the Strip. It is very hip and trendy, and there are a lot of younger people there, so we didn't feel out of place like we do at some casinos. There are wonderful dining options like Koi and PF Chang's - while we were there my husband almost walked right into Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes as they were leaving PF Chang's, and he saw Holly Madison walking her dog through the casino! On the day we checked in there was a movie premiere, and the red carpet was rolled out. Very neat to see! The casino has an open floorplan, isn't smokey, is well lit, and just has a good vibe and energy to it. I'd definitely love to stay there again, and even if I don't, I will be sure to hit the slots there on my next trip back to Vegas!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bride2bCT

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,364)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
California
Reviewed 22 September 2009

Just came back from 3 day pleasure trip to Las Vegas. Very disappointed about Planet Hollywood hotel. The only positive side is the location--right in the middle of Strip. Everything else....SUCKS!!! To begin with, I booked the trip one month in advance. The night before trip I called the hotel and double checked--fountain view, 2 quinn beds were promised. As we arrived Saturday around 3 p.m the line was HUGE! Only 4 registers were open for check-in and one of them was for VIP only. We spent one hour in check-in line. No benches, no water, only ads on TV's. Finally it was our turn to check-in. The lady at the front desk ( whose name-tag was covered by her hair) was very unprofessional. Without a greeting she just said " credit card and your ID". Then she spent another 10 minutes typing something in computer without explanation. It was almost like she was emailing someone. I lost my patients and asked her what's going on. so she said she is searching for room with 2 quinn beds and can't find it! I told her that I called in advance and so on. Also, this lady had a strong oriental accent and I had to ask 2-3 times to repeat. Why to work in customer service when noone understand you? I have the accent myself and try to stay away from customer service. Then she offered us smoking room...noone smokes in my family! Finally after 25 minutes she gave us a key for the room. Room was not clean. I could see crumbs on the carpet and some suspicios spots on the blanket. Bathroom is ugly. Room is very dark, not sure if trying to save energy. View of fountains was from the angle, not good one. Room 2283, 22nd floor. Casino is so-so. Anyways, if you can book Paris ot MGM, much better choice for same money. Stay away from Plannet Hollywood.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank Santarosacat
surrey
Reviewed 21 September 2009

This was our third visit to LV and after 2 excellent stays at the NYNY we decided to be brave and try another hotel. After reading some reviews we were worried about our choice. However, we needn't had worried after a faultless stay.

Check in. Due to a short flight delay we didn't arrive untill 4 pm so there was a bit of a Q but only had to wait around 15 mins. We booked our holiday with Virgin so was given a Hollywood Hip room. I asked for a room with a fountain view and after a few minutes the lady at checkin managed to find us one on the 17th floor. ( room 1732 ) Excellent start.

The room. Well the view was excellent overlooking the pool and the Bellagio fountains. The room was large with 2 queen size beds. Large bathroom with twin sinks, large tub and walkin shower. One small moan though, the room was very dark and little storage space.

The pool. We both like to relax by the pool each day so this area was important and after reading some reviews this was one of our concerns. Well once again did not experience any problems and enjoyed every day. PH has two pools each side of a large sun terrace. Good waitress service though the pool bar can be expensive. You also will need to get there early to have a bed by the pool especially at weekends.

Food. We mainly stayed in the hotel to eat. Breakfast in Planet Dailies was a great start to the day. The spice market buffet was also good but our fav was The Earl of Sandwich. Along the lines of Subway but 10 times better and open 24 hrs perfect for that quick snack. One place we did not enjoy was P F Changs. The food was below average and came out luke warm, they seemed a little short staffed. even so the food was poor.

The Casino. We love playing poker and felt comfortable in the relaxed atmosphere of the room and the dealers were so friendly too. We had friends who stayed at the Imperial Palace but came down to the PH each night cause they loved the Casino. ( they have also booked again for next year this time staying at the PH). Many bars around the casino The Heart Bar was excellent playing all types of music from the 80's onward.

Overall we had an excellent stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone. We will return to LV for our fourth time and definatley stay at the PH. Excellent!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank TJ23
Essex
Reviewed 21 September 2009

When you arrive at the Planet Hollywood Resort it is very impressive, very showbiz & blingy. We had upgraded to the Hollywood Hip Foutain View rooms & while the view of the Bellagio Fountains was really good the rooms were dissapointing, new furniture & some random movie memoribilia is all well & good but the bathrooms have not been touched since the hotel was the Aladdin - including the genie lamp shaped taps. The bathrooms now feel olod & shabby with weak showers. Not what you'd expect from a hotel of this level. We were also originally put in a room next to the elevators, the noise from the elevators made it impossible to sleep - even when jet lagged. We were moved immediately when we complained & when I asked if this happened a lot I was told yes!!
Bathrooms a side it is a funky hotel - didn't spot any stars though. Would recommend seeing Peep Show

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank LadyLambrini
Western Australia
Reviewed 19 September 2009

Excellent hotel - absolutely huge. We stayed on the 32 floor and that was no where near the top!! Our room was spacious, clean and the bed was very comfortable. Out room was the Goodwill Hunting Room. This hotel is the best located on the strip. It is across the road from Bellagio (the water fountains) and has a bustop right out the front. Shopping is fantastic at the Miracle Mile shopping centre. Our only advice is that if you want to go on any tours - we highly recommend the Sundancer Grand Canon Helicopter Tour DON'T book it through the hotel. There is a booking agent down the road from the hotel near McDonalds and they won't rip you off. The hotel staff work on commission so they will try and sell you the most expensive tours and they are a rip off. Would stay at Planet Hollywood again - hopefully will do again soon loved Las Vegas it was AWESOME.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NataleeGary
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 19 September 2009

I stayed at Planet Hollywood for two nights because I was attending a conference in the hotel's conference center.

I was amazed that it took nearly an hour to check in due to the long line. When I finally reached the registration desk, I was told that no non-smoking rooms in the room category I'd reserved were ready (the official check-in time is 3:00 PM, and my flight got me in at 1:00 PM). Therefore, I had three options: I could take a smoking room (no way!), upgrade to a better room (miraculously, there were plenty of non-smoking rooms ready in the higher categories . . .), or come back in two hours (when the check-in line would likely be even longer). I realized that I was being "upsold," but I really needed to get some work done and to do this I needed to get into my room. I decided to pay more for a better room that came as part of a package that included free Internet (PH normally charges $14/day for access) and unlimited use of the fitness center (daily charge is normally $25).

The room was fine -- a little tired, but clean. It had a nice work area (large desk with good lighting). The fitness center was small and did not have top-of-the line equipment -- not worth $25/day.

Since checking out, I've received several marketing emails from the hotel -- annoying. Even more annoying: the hotel seems to think "Upsell" is my first name: the messages come addressed to "Dear Upsell [Last Name]."

Bottom line, I stayed at the hotel because it was where my conference was taking place. I would not choose Planet Hollywood if I were visiting Las Vegas on vacation.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank DCtravler244
Wyoming
Reviewed 18 September 2009

I booked your standard room for three nights at the Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino in Las Vegas. I tend to book the cheapest room possible when I'm in Vegas because, after all, you don't go to Vegas to stay in your hotel room the whole time. I want rooms that are cheap and quiet (and where I can sleep in until 3 in the afternoon if I want to). I paid about $50 a night through hotels.com.

After arriving late at night, I was offered a free upgrade to one of their suites by the front desk. I thought that perhaps he had upgraded me to a room with a strip view, but I had been upgraded to the biggest hotel room that I had ever seen. The room itself was simply stunning. It came with three large flat panel tv's, a huge party room, a great view overlooking the Bellagio fountains, and an air hockey table (which, surprisingly, was the source of much fun).

The hotel room itself was great. It had very comfortable beds, great water pressure, and was very quiet. I couldn't have asked for a better room in Vegas.

My biggest complaint is with the casino. I'm an engineer and so I study what rules give the player the biggest edge. The rules at Planet Hollywood (especially for blackjack) are not favorable for the player at all. I would head down to the Tropicana or Excalibur if you want to play games that have rules that benefit the player more. The casino is also very loud (I tend to like casinos that are a little bit more quiet). As a side note, the sports book area is very nice. There are a lot of comfortable couches in there where you can watch any game that you've wagered money on.

Overall, there's something for everyone at Planet Hollywood. I would definitely stay there again (even if they didn't upgrade me to the suite).

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends