My fiance (now husband) and I stayed at Planet Hollywood from August 14-18, as we had booked a wedding package & reception at PH. The only negative I can say abut the hotel was the length of time it took to check-in. This was our 4th trip to Vegas in two years, and all our previous experiences with hotel check-in in the city was that the lines (when there were lines) pretty much zipped along. I'm not sure if it was because PH doesn't have as many check-in stations, or if there was just an extraordinary number of people trying to check-in at the same time, but we were definitely in line well over an hour. However, the stress I felt from the wedding went away as soon as I saw our room. We had booked the "Father of the Bride" package which included a two night stay in one of PH's panorama suites. I have never seen such an amazing hotel room in my entire life. The room had a 180 degree panoramic view of the strip, with the focus being the Bellagio founains. The suite itself consisted of a seperate standard size hotel room, and the suite, which included two bathrooms, a living room, dining room, bar area, huge bedroom, and bathroom. The decor was fantastic - so clean, sleek, and modern. The rooms themselves were immaculate. Because it is Planet Hollywood, all accomodations have a different memorabilia theme. Ours was Star Trek, and it was fun to see how the different props and costumes were displayed in the room. It was definitely tasteful. The suite was so large and spacious. I think it was bigger than the condo we live in back home! I never wanted to leave, and it was nice to see how the upper half lives!! Upon check-in room service came to our suite witha basket of cheese, crackers, fruit, and chocolates.
Our wedding ceremony was held in the chapel at Planet Hollywood. The chapel was very simple, elegant, and beautiful, and was the perfect size for our 20 guests. As part of the package we had a violonist who performed 3 songs of our choosing. The reception was held in our suite, and there was more than enough room and seating for everyone to eat and dance. The flowers, music, and cake were all customized for us, and the food that was brought up was out of this world, and that was also customized. The bar essentials were also included. The wedding planners and photographers really went above and beyond to make our day special, and the concierge staff was always so helpful. We would call room service and they would be at our door in no more than 5 minutes no matter how silly the request may have seemed. The next morning they brought us breakfast in bed. I've heard all of the stereotypes regarding Vegas weddings, and the event we had at Planet Hollywood really put all of them to bed. We had a beautiful day, and if anyone is looking for a location in Vegas to have their wedding that doesn't involve Elvis or a drive-thru, I would recommend Planet Hollywood in an instant. It was a memorable day for us and our guests.
Aside from the wedding, Planet Hollywood is one of my favorite casinos on the Strip. It is very hip and trendy, and there are a lot of younger people there, so we didn't feel out of place like we do at some casinos. There are wonderful dining options like Koi and PF Chang's - while we were there my husband almost walked right into Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes as they were leaving PF Chang's, and he saw Holly Madison walking her dog through the casino! On the day we checked in there was a movie premiere, and the red carpet was rolled out. Very neat to see! The casino has an open floorplan, isn't smokey, is well lit, and just has a good vibe and energy to it. I'd definitely love to stay there again, and even if I don't, I will be sure to hit the slots there on my next trip back to Vegas!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience celebrity first hand at the "House that Fame Built" - Planet Hollywood Las Vegas Resort & Casino. With star-worthy accommodations and an upscale atmosphere, you never know who you might see. Dine in style at Gordon Ramsay BurGR Las Vegas, the acclaimed chef’s latest Las Vegas hotspot; at Koi, where Japanese tradition meets California innovation, or at Strip House Las Vegas, the critically acclaimed NYC-based steakhouse. If you’re looking for something a little more casual, stop by the Spice Market Buffet, featuring fare from around the world, or at Ringer, where you can feast on wings and tenders, all-beef sliders, New York-style pizza and waffle fries while watching and wagering on your favorite games. On the casino floor, Heart Bar and The Pleasure Pit ensure non-stop excitement each with their own brand of fun. You can also discover the latest trends at the Miracle Mile Shops or socialize and sunbathe at the Planet Hollywood pool, home to dozens of cabanas and the only Las Vegas pool with a FlowRider wave machine. For those who’d rather relax indoors, the Spa by Mandara hosts a bevy of rejuvenating services in a calm, serene setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Planet Hollywood Resort And Casino
- Planet Hollywood Las Vegas
- Planet Hollywood Hotel Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Aladdin
- Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino Las Vegas