“Amazing Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
new mexico
“Amazing Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2010

This hotel was wonderful! Check in was a breeze as well as check out. The room we stayed had a view of the Bellagio fountains and it was so beautiful to sit on the bed and be able to see the fountain go off. We stored out luggage while our room got cleaned when we arrived and the people were fast to bring them to our room. The hotel had Earl's sandwich in which I recommend. You will enjoy the fun, entertainment, and excitment this hotel has to offer. I even got to see Holly Madison and was able to take a picture with her in which she was willing to do so!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sonzstar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,868)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cumbria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2010

We stayed at The Planet Hollywood for 4 nights in April 2010, check in went without a hitch and took about 5 minutes, we also got upgraded to a Resort room free of charge. The room was brilliant, it was massive! on the 22nd floor over looking Paris, Ceasars palace and most importantly the bellagio fountins. The shopping in the hotel on the miricle mile was really good too and lots of nice places to eat. The only thing that stopped this hotel from being perfect was the noise coming from the casio. I wouldnt recomend this hotel if you are travelling with children as the girls working in the casino arn't wearing a great deal!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Rachel M
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2010

I stayed at the Planet Hollywood Hotel on April 18-21. It was the most miserable hotel experience that I have ever had.

Firstly, when I took the bus from the airport, the busses are instructed to drop guests off at a certain location. It was a long walk from that point to the hotel reception (on an underground street), and there was no one to assist with bags. I was traveling alone with a suitcase, a carry on, a computer bag and a infant car seat (meeting my family later), and I had to manage all this by myself. The hotel itself has double doors at the entrance, and they are neither revolving nor automated. And there is no doorman to open the door for you.

I had to stand in line for 45 minutes before I could check in to my room. I got a room with a view of the swimming pool (the alternative view is of back walls of the hotel). The view was very nice as I could see parts of the Vegas strip. The noise coming from the pool was so loud (loud music) that an afternoon nap was out of the question (and I was on the 18th floor!). You can not escape the blaring music. It's in the lobby while you're waiting to check in. It's even in the elevators. And while I think of it, if you don't want your kids to see the scantily clad women on the elevator doors, either blindfold them, or don't bring them to this hotel.

As a parent of young children, I try to get to bed at a reasonably early time. On my first night, at 2am, I was woken by loud noises coming from the adjoining room. Eventually I banged on their door, and told them to keep it down. The next morning, I called the front desk and told them about the incident. I told them that I wanted to move to another room, but all they could offer me was a room with no view, so I told them that I would stay where I was. I asked them to talk to the guests next door, and ask them to keep it down, but they were not willing to do that.

On my 3rd night, I was again woken by loud noises coming from next door at 1:35am. I called my neighbors on the hotel phone, and told them that they were creating a disturbance and needed to keep it down. They told me that "this is Vegas, and we can do what we want". I called hotel security, and asked them to deal with it. Half an hour later, I was again woken by loud noises, and so again I called security who told me that they were busy moving the guests to another room. At 3am, I was woken by the phone in my room. There was no-one on phone. 15 minutes later same thing. I called the hotel manager, and told him about it. He said that he would put a block on my phone. At 4am, I was woken by loud banging on my door. No one there. Again, I called the manager, and asked him to review the security tapes (he told me that there were cameras on the floors). 15 minutes later, some hotel employee knocked on my door to say that there were in fact no cameras on the floors, and asked if there was a problem. At 5am, I was again woken by banging on my door, and there was no one there. I never did get back to sleep, and got about 90 minutes sleep total that night.

I had very strong words with the manager in the morning, and told him that I felt that the hotel had not done enough to halt this nightmare (these guests should have been removed from the premises or the hotel should have placed someone outside my door). I told him that the hotel needed to comp me a room for a future stay (not that I would actually want to stay at this hotel again). He told me that my inconvenience didn't warrant further compensation, and offered me a free breakfast..

The pools at this hotel are average.

My recommendation if you're visiting Vegas and are not in your teens, pay the extra money and stay at the Bellagio.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MarkGoldberg99
Creve Coeur, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2010

We stayed at the Planet Hollywood on recommendation of the couple we were meeting in Vegas. It is a terrific location across from the Bellagio, and near Mon Ami Gabi (great French restaurant at the Paris casino next door - a must!). The Mandara spa (in the hotel) was wonderful, too. No public workout room, but you have to pay $25 per person per day to use the one in the spa section of the hotel. We saw no celebrities, and the carpet and most of the furnishings could use some serious updating. The pool area was pretty nice too, but get there early. NO GOOD FOOD here. The buffet was passable, but long lines so it wasted a lot of time.

One of the true low points of our stay was that you have to go to the Business Center to print off your boarding pass AND they charge you for 5 minutes of website access ($5 in all) for two lousy pieces of paper and the 30 seconds to log in, access and print it. (Most basic hotel chains even allow you to print out your boarding pass at no charge, so this was not a positive surprise! The clerk even asked if we wanted a receipt for our $5 expenditure.)

It certainly was not the worst place we had ever stayed in, but we saw so many better hotels during our stay when we were just looking around that we would shop a little more if we had not been meeting other people at the PH.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Evansville, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2010

This was our second trip to Vegas. We stayed at New York/New York on our first trip and wasn't very happy with it (look at my contributions for my review). All we wanted this time was a quiet room with hot water and we would have been much happier.

We booked Planet Hollywood for 4 nights (Monday-Thursday) through a package deal with American Airlines after comparing with the hotel package price, vegas.com, and all of the travel sites. AA.com had the cheapest package.

We had hoped for a non smoking king room, but after being delayed in Dallas for an hour we arrived a couple hours after check in started, and there weren't any left. So, we got a non smoking double queen with a strip view. We were on the south side of the building in room 1703 which had memorabilia from the movie "A Time To Kill" with Samuel L. Jackson. It was their basic "Hollywood Hip" room with a soaking tub and stand up shower. We like that movie so we got a kick out of that.

Positives- It was fairly quiet (for a Vegas hotel on the strip) and had lots of hot water, so we were happy with that. PH is in a great spot in the middle of the strip with a bus stop right in front. Nice casino and a few restaurants to choose from in the building. The Spice Market Buffet is awesome. High end shoppers (not us) would appreciate the "Miracle Mile" shops.

Negatives- It is a very long walk from the front door to the south elevators, a trip we had to take several times throughout our stay. Although they gave us 8 pillows all but 2 of them were very lumpy as if they had been washed and dried a few times. They have duvets (not comforters) with a single sheet (no middle blanket), which we weren't too crazy about. But, the beds were fairly comfortable and we slept okay.

I would recommend this hotel to a younger crowd (21- mid 30s) who don't mind walking through a long casino to get to their room. The "Hollywood" theme is very prevalent throughout the building and an older crowd wouldn't feel too comfortable, in my opinion.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Temagami, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2010

I just wanted to write this review because two days before we left some of the reviews I read made me a little nervous.. The hotel is beautiful and perfectly located, basically in the middle of the strip. We checked in at 1:30 pm so didn't take long at all about 1/2 hr, we did notice around 3 that the line got much longer but the staff were great and obviously doing their best. We got exactly the room we booked, beautiful fountain view, well worth paying the extra for.. My sister & I were thrilled with the decor, there was a nice armoire for hanging are stuff and the bathroom was a dream!!! Great sunken tub, separate shower & toilet and lots of counter room. Staff were very friendly, room service prices were typical but prompt. We checked out lots of other hotels while we were wandering and still felt ours was the best. Great thing is, something for everyone , shopping, meals etc... if you want pricey or cheap it's all there.. Highly recommend going to the Koi restaurant , fabulous.

• Stayed April 2010
4 Thank CathyL65
South Point, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2010

My fiancee and our friends went there for a weekend trip. We loved the hotel and it was in the middle of everything. The shopping center had a lot of nice things plus the hotel had a starbucks which is great for us.

I would recommend staying at this hotel. We got the room for a great price and we were close to everything. Plus the rooms are very nice since the hotel has been recent updates.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends