My husband and I stayed here for three nights in May 2010.
We found that the reception area when we arrived wasnt too bad and we were checked in quickly. We were given a voucher for a bottle of liquor which we used as Vegas is expensive.
The room we stayed was on the 6th floor. The room is nothing special. It was themed for batman. There are a few bits to show this but i was thinking it would be a bit more themed as it was Vegas!!
The hotel itself is quite boring when you compare it to New York, New York and many of the others, this may be because its quite new.
It only has the Planet Hollywood shop showing what the hotel is about.
There is a shopping mall attached which was good for shopping.
Beware when you enter the Casino you get grabbed by the staff. They asked us about gambling and told us that we could get $75 or see Peep Show with Holly Maddision for $20. We thought that was because we were staying at the hotel. How wrong were we after being asked about how much we earn and jobs etc, we realised that they were trying to get us to go to their presentation about the Hollywood Towers. We tried hard to get out of this and the woman kept saying "oh you have to go otherwise i will have to get my boss to cancel the paperwork and you will loose $20!!" Needless to say we told her we werent interested and evenutally managed to sign the paperwork saying we had our $20 ( we hadnt actually given her this.)
We then hid everytime we saw the staff so we didnt get caught again.
The Casinos are good if you are into gambling but as we arent we didnt really spend too much time in it.
Its well located for both ends of the strip and before you know it you will have walked miles. Its great. If you can afford to then i would stay somewhere else if you want something a bit fancier. If you arent bothered about your room then you will love it.
Vegas is totally different to everywhere else we stayed. I didnt really like the Casions are they are very smokey and you can smell cigarettes, which isnt pleasant for non smokers.
Eating out wasnt too bad we found the Cheesecake Factory in Ceasars place was great value for money and the food was good. Didnt manage to try the cheesecake as the main course was too good!!
Alcohol is expensive and its weird seeing people drinking alcohol on the streets. There is O Sheas which is good value for money and well worth a visit. Its down near the Pink Flamingo.
We visited the Grand Canyon with a tour company on the street. It was brill and well worth doing.
We also went to see Peep Show which was also great. Not sleezy but good entertainment. The dancers both male and female were fab.
All in all Vegas is good but not somewhere I would rush back to. I dont think its a place for children due to the people drinking on the streets and the men outside the hotels with cards offering " Women to your room in 20 minutes!!"
Stag and hen do's will love it.
For british people its Blackpool with sunshine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience celebrity first hand at the "House that Fame Built" - Planet Hollywood Las Vegas Resort & Casino. With star-worthy accommodations and an upscale atmosphere, you never know who you might see. Dine in style at Gordon Ramsay BurGR Las Vegas, the acclaimed chef’s latest Las Vegas hotspot; at Koi, where Japanese tradition meets California innovation, or at Strip House Las Vegas, the critically acclaimed NYC-based steakhouse. If you’re looking for something a little more casual, stop by the Spice Market Buffet, featuring fare from around the world, or at Ringer, where you can feast on wings and tenders, all-beef sliders, New York-style pizza and waffle fries while watching and wagering on your favorite games. On the casino floor, Heart Bar and The Pleasure Pit ensure non-stop excitement each with their own brand of fun. You can also discover the latest trends at the Miracle Mile Shops or socialize and sunbathe at the Planet Hollywood pool, home to dozens of cabanas and the only Las Vegas pool with a FlowRider wave machine. For those who’d rather relax indoors, the Spa by Mandara hosts a bevy of rejuvenating services in a calm, serene setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Expedia, Prestigia, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Planet Hollywood Resort And Casino
- Planet Hollywood Las Vegas
- Planet Hollywood Hotel Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Aladdin
- Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino Las Vegas