“Long lines at checkin”

Ranked #182 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Toronto
“Long lines at checkin”
Reviewed 15 April 2005

I booked over the internet and got a really good deal but learned a good leason....you only get what you pay for in life! The lines at check in were long, which i guess is normal for Vegas but to top it off the front desk clerks were so rude! They did not even apologize for the delay and really need a leason in customer service. The room was OK ( i liked the coffee pot) but housekeeping was not good-stained sheets, and they did not empty my trash. In fact, the garbage can did not even have a liner. The only good thing about the hotel (or should I say resort?) was the food-fabulous. By the way, where are the villas they are talking about?

• Stayed March 2005, travelled on business
10 Thank JanieDundas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Czech first
North Pole, Alaska
Reviewed 9 April 2005

The only reason why I stay here is because of DefCon, a 3 day binge-drinking-war-driving-goon-dodging-sleep-oppressing debauchery of a weekend. Being that DefCon is the only source of revenue for this hotel; they charge $159 a night for a basic room, which likely goes for $70 any other day. Be aware that some of the entry level rooms lack a wall between the bedroom and sitting area. This didn't matter for my party, we still got loads of space, but the wide open space was such a waste. Actually, the wide open space was useful for housing a herd of underprivileged and malnourished hackers who came to Vegas with nothing more than their Bluetooth converters. For conventions/parties, the setting is great. 2 storey complexes centred around several pools, lush landscapes, fabulous lighting, and all in the middle of the desert! Directly outside my room was a wicked party at 0300hrs. The impressive grounds make this place a little bit above a consummate dive.

The rooms are nothing to run home screaming about. Simple bed. TV with limited channels (not that it mattered for the weekend I was there), bathroom with a plastic tub and a bloody LOW FLOW shower head. The kitchen thing was nice, you can jump on the CAT, ride down to wal-mart, and get yourself milk, cereal, red bull, vodka and such, and all have it stored in your fridge to save yourself from the, um, food that they have for sale. Interior decorating is nice. Desert colours. Nice track lighting above the "kitchen", overstuffed couches, generally, a nice room to crash in. The air conditioning units work a little bit too well for my wussy Canadian body. I'm still amazed that those freakin' things can freeze your hands like its winter.

Security guys were funny. Daft, as they kept disturbing sunbathers to ask if they were ok. Yet again, this was at 0800 on Sunday after a HUGE party, and they were likely concerned about people lying on their back after enjoying a few. Sort of scary those guys have had guns. Maybe it's because I'm Canadian.

At the end of the conference, on Sunday at like 1500hrs, the resort was desolate with the exception of a few families checking in. I felt bad for them. Only stay at the AP if you're present for a conference (ON SITE) or you're in Vegas for a reason other than gambling and getting wasted. If you want quiet or something for the family, I recommend staying at the Westin which is a block north.

I'll definitely return...for def con 13.

• Stayed July 2004, travelled on business
14 Thank hosr9
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 28 March 2005

I just stayed here for 4 nights and I was satisfied. If you want a quiet place to retreat too after your time on the strip this place is great. If you’re looking for entertainment around your hotel, don't stay here. Our suite was nicely furnished and very spacious. The staff was nice and we never had any lines at check in/out. It was a little cold to go swimming, but they said one pool was heated, but we couldn’t find it. We were at the casino's so much we didn't have time to swim. We had breakfast twice at Lucky's in the Hard Rock (right across the street), it was really good! Also you can ride the Hard Rock's shuttle to the Strip. It runs every hour (10am to 7pm) from the Hard Rock; just ask the Valet where to pick it up.
Overall for the money we paid we were satisfied and would recommend this hotel to people who want a quiet place without the frills. It’s just a nicely furnished, spacious, clean place to lay your head at night.

They are doing construction to the landscaping, driveway entrance, and front door entrance but that didn't bother us. The lobby has rendering posters up for future remodeling, but that hasn't started yet

• Stayed March 2005
6 Thank JenniferB199
The OC
Reviewed 26 March 2005

I stayed here 3/20-3/23 as a last minute trip to Vegas. It was a bad week to stay because of NCAA Tourney, Spring Break, and Conventions. Everywhere on the strip was ridicousely priced (excalibur was $190 USD a night, MGM was $300 a night), so it was either the crudey airport hotels (see reviews),downtown (seedy) or the Alexis Park Resort. I came across Alexis Park Resort on TripAdvisor and saw the reviews and decided to give it a try. I got a room from i4vegas for $80 USD a night, a good rate for that week.

Yes, it is going through a major overhaul, the lobby is coming along and you can tell it is going to be nice. I wasn't lucky enough to get a remodeled room, but the one I got wasn't bad. The Room was very clean and large (calling the room a suite is an overstatement, its more like a very big room). The TV got Very Poor reception, but you do get free webTV. The Shower head is very low for some odd reason, so if you are tall its going to be tought to take a shower.

If you go out late like I do (I dont usually dont get back to my room until about 5:00AM), be aware they do not have 24 hour maid service, their maids go home a 4:00PM, I found this out the hard way, so I couldnt get my room cleaned the second day I was there, but they did provide me with some clean towels.

The place is a little dark, buy hopefully the upgrades will solve that. There are a few stray cats that hang around the grounds ( I also noticed some feeding bowls for them, so they will not be going away anytime soon). Parking is very convienent and is across the street from the Hard Rock. Check-out could only be done at the front desk which kinda stinks.

All in all, the place is good to get some sleep, its close to the strip (about 1 mile), rooms are clean, and its not in a bad area. I would stay there again if I had too because it is clean and it does seem safe, but I think I would wait until the remodeling is done, which doesnt seem like its going to be done for a good few months.

• Stayed March 2005
5 Thank deezp1
Oklahoma City
Reviewed 21 March 2005

Hated this place - it's poorly lit (in Vegas, go figure!). Even local cabbies - if you could get one - couldn't find the place in the dark. The tremendous road construction made the hotel nearly impossible to get in and out - forget trying to walk anywhere without risking your life. The suite is a nice concept, but pointless unless you plan to hang around your room. We never used the living area. One phone was broken; one tv barely functioned. We could never get regular coffee for the cup-at-a-time coffee maker. One day, they left all decaf. The "bellboys" are a joke - who needs your bags unloaded (first tip) when you can drive them to your room yourself? Expect to pay a second tip when a different eager bellboy delivers the bags to your room. There are no vending machines except soda and ice cream, so bring your own snacks, and we had to wait forever to attempt to get breakfast in the restaurant. The "kitchen" has a small refrigerator, but nothing more. Cabinet space, but nothing to put in them. Even the trash cans never got liners. Pools are pretty, but good luck finding the spa.

Would not ever stay here again or recommend it.

• Stayed March 2005, travelled on business
3 Thank mjmelz

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 March 2005

I have stayed at many Hotels in Las Vegas with gaming. The 24/7 action made me feel tension and stress. Always on the go.
I stayed at the Alexis Park and it was wonderful. With the non-gaming resort I could have both worlds. The beautiful and mature landscape made me relax. I could not believe the rooms. They were all suites. The suite had everything. It was clean and comfortable with (3) pools for me to enjoy. I look forward to staying there again.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 February 2005

I thought this hotel was a great value, paid $89 for a spacious suite. Fast check-in and quiet environment, unlike the casino's. But close enough to the strip, which they provided free shuttle to. Our room was clean and everything was in working order. Under renovations, but it looks like it will be gorgeous when it's done. I'll be back!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member