“Clean, convenient, and covers the basics for business at UNLV”

Hyatt Place Las Vegas
Ranked #68 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Portland, Oregon
“Clean, convenient, and covers the basics for business at UNLV”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I attended a conference at UNLV and chose Hyatt Place to reduce costs - they have a complimentary shuttle to/from airport, shuttle 3x day to the strip, in-room mini-fridge, work desk, free breakfast buffet, fitness room, pool, free Wi-Fi and a very reasonable rate The help was friendly and the place was always clean. There's no restaurant but you can order a good selection of food and the breakfast selection included vegetarian options. The rooms are unexpectedly large - I had a basic room and there were 2 beds, a sofa/sleeper w/ coffee table, small counter with sink and mini-fridge, work table with ports and lamp, and flat screen TV viewable from the "sleeping area" or the "sitting area". There is no casino and the pool isn't big and fancy like hotels on the strip but this is clear from their description so this shouldn't be expected. The only issue I miscalculated was that the hotel is "across the street from UNLV". It's across the street from the UNLV intramural fields, tennis club, softball complex, apartments, and some other buildings before you actually get to classrooms on campus. Therefore, I had about a mile walk between the hotel and the building where the conference was. However, I figured this was a much needed jaunt after a large breakfast and at the end of the day after sitting in workshops for several hours. Even if I had realized the distance before I went, I think I still would have stayed here because of the amenities and cost savings.
The hotel did go above and beyond what was expected a couple of times - they gave me the conference rate when I had to add an extra day after the initial reservation (in the same room) and the shuttle returned to pick me up when I had just missed it.
There are a couple of areas where improvements could be made - one of the 2 shuttle drivers was a bit surly because I complained about waiting over 45 min at the airport shuttle stop after I was told he would be there in 10 and the "hot" cheese/meat/biscuits for breakfast were barely warm the days I was there.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor - there was no noise and it was close to the ice/soda machine. I had a beau...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Angela L, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Las Vegas, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write your very detailed review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay here at the Hyatt Place. We appreciate all your feedback about our hotel, amenities and staff. Feedback such as yours helps us in continuing to make each guest experience the best it can be! We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Las Vegas.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Denver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Nice hotel. If you're looking for a hotel where you can visit the strip action but not be right there with all the hustle and bustle, this is a good hotel. I was there during Electric Daisy Carnival and it was surprisingly quiet. There is a shuttle that takes you to the Planet Hollywood Shops. If you walk right outside to the strip from there (if you get out of there because of all the great stores), you're pretty much right across the street from the Bellagio Hotel to watch the water show. Very nice :) I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank cocoayoko
Angela L, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Las Vegas, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are truly pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Hyatt Place. We are glad you were able to take advantage of our shuttle service. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Las Vegas.
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I am kind of new to the brand and was very impressed with the 'Hyatt House" brand. I was hoping Hyatt place was somewhat similar. This was my first Hyatt "Place" experience and I was not impressed at all. The place seemed to be worn and had maintenance issues. The pool shower was not working properly and the pool and pool area were not really clean. The lounge chairs in the pool area were all broken/torn. As with any hotel that is older than a few year....maintenance and continous upgrades are the key. This property seems to be falling behind. On the good side ..it is conveniently located near the airport ( like many Vegas hotels ). Entrance area is somewhat cramped and not even closed to the newer Hyatt House properties. Also: I was somehow under the impression that the room was advertised with kitchen or kitchen area...it did not even have a microwave..may have beem my mistake or misleading advertisement.
Bottom line: if you have to pay for it..there are probably better options in Vegas..pretty far from the strip on top.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion. We are disappointed to hear we did not leave a lasting impression. We utilize all positive and negative feedback to continue to improve our guests satisfaction.
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had stayed here primarily for a business meeting, but it also was a great place to stay that wasn't on the hectic and expensive strip. The room was clean and well appointed. During the day there is a lot of noise from airplanes, but at night the flights are non-existent. The only night noise was people coming back from the strip late that were loud in the hall. The airport shuttle and strip shuttle was a nice perk. The breakfast was ample and satisfactory. The CVC across the street was convenient and seemed to get a lot of business from the clientele. The nearby restaurants within walking distance were very good.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We appreciate your business and look forward to your future visits with us.
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

For the life of me I don't understand people's expectations. I saw reviews that said needs some TLC, complaints about the breakfast blah, blah, blah and so on. I have no idea what's to complain about this hotel. My room was very nice. The bed was superb, the room itself was "roomy", nice fridge, two sinks plenty of storage room, nice bathroom, excellent working a/c, nice big couch (fold out bed too), huge flat screen TV. What's to complain about? The breakfast was better than most (not Embassy Suites but still good). We stayed here from Thursday through Monday and they offered a variety of options. Somedays it was breakfast sandwiches, scrambled eggs, sausages, ham, french toast, pancakes (frozen not too good) and everyday they offered a very nice freshly cut fruit salad, lots of cereals, yogurt (lite which I don't like, wish we had the choice), oatmeal, (good oatmeal) toast, bagels, and so on. It was in a nice dining area & they also had a nice lobby. The pool was shaded in the afternoon. That may good or bad for people. Good for me. All the employees were very nice, the A-A lady who checked us in when we arrived was extremely nice. We will definitely stay here again & I can't say enough good things about this hotel. An oasis just a short drive away (5 mins) from the strip. Oh one more thing the Wi-fi is EXCELLENT!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share you wonderful review. We are pleased to hear your feedback about our hotel, amenities and staff. On behalf of the Hyatt Place team Thank you! We look forward to your many visits with us.
Central Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Close to the Airport, Clean Rooms, Hourly Shuttle to Las Vegas Blvd, No slots, it was nice to get away from the noise and relax. Great breakfasts included at a very reasonable rate. CVS pharmacy, Hard Rock complex, Italian and German restaurants nearby.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are a great retreat after a long day out on the town and are pleased you enjoyed our amenities. We look forward to your future visits with us.
Bend, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

My wife and I recently completed a two-night stay in Las Vegas. Rates were through the roof during our stay and we decided to give the Hyatt Place a try.

We didn't know about the hotel shuttle at the time, but apparently the Hyatt Place operates a shuttle to/from the airport for free. This is great as our cab ride cost $15.

We arrived around 3:00PM on a Friday and quickly ran out to the pool. Unfortunately, the pool doesn't catch the late afternoon sun in Vegas. We decided to get changed and walk to The Strip.

Our walk took about 20 minutes and was a pretty good hike in the Vegas heat, but I've had worse. The Strip is definitely within walking distance from the hotel and if you take one street, you'll end up coming out right at Planet Hollywood. For those that like a ride, the Hyatt Place offers a nice shuttle to/from Planet Hollywood. We used this to get back to the hotel later in the night.

After our walk to The Strip, I was pretty pleased with the location and property itself. We had paid about $125 for the night (with taxes) which was a bargain I thought.

After hitting the sack, we were rudely awaken at 5:00AM by someone telling me that our Grand Canyon Shuttle was about to take off. <<<We didn't book a Grand Canyon shuttle...and I couldn't fall back asleep>>>

My favorite aspect of the Hyatt Place is the breakfast sandwiches that they advertise. This Hyatt Place had advertisements literally all over the place. When we got to the Breakfast Lounge, I was sorely disappointed as there were no breakfast sandwiches. I'm assuming this was because it was a Saturday morning, but I was still upset. I settled for greasy sausage and standard eggs. My wife had a bagel and other continental breakfast type food.

Overall, the property was a good value for what it was. I just wish they would've had the sandwiches and didn't wake me up for my tour that I never booked!

For my full review, please see: http://www.dovertime.com/blog/2014/523/hotel-review-hyatt-place-las-vegas

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dovertime
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay but disappointed to hear that you were awakened by an unwanted phone call. We apologize about the inconvenience this caused you and your wife. We hope to welcome you back to the Hyatt Place on your next trip to Las Vegas.