“July 4th Weekend Las Vegas”

Arizona Charlie's Decatur
Ranked #188 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Los Angeles
“July 4th Weekend Las Vegas”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Stayed in Arizona Charlie's Decatur Hotel and Casino for 2 nights with my wife. It is less than 10 minutes drive away west to the traffic of Las Vegas strip. Neighborhood do not have much of view - just standard neighborhood and safe. Our room on the 3rd floor was spacious. Nothing spectacular on this hotel other than the price per night and the breakfast. Where else can you get a steak (or ham) and eggs for $2.99 with Arizona Charlie's Casino Ace card for breakfast and served 24 hours? Wow! Service is great. We did not have soap and shampoo in our bathroom. But it only took seconds for housekeeping to give us a bunch in just one call. To save and enjoy not only in its casino but a very close proximity to the strip? - you would want to stay on this hotel. Their lunch is also bountiful.

Room Tip: Since it is tuck west from the Las Vegas strip, any room will do.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

As a local couple in Las Vegas we like to try different upscale restaurants throughout the city. My husband is a serious "foodie", a great cook and I am one of the pickiest eaters anyone would ever meet. We tried the steak house at Arizona Charlies on Decatur last night and have to say I was very disappointed. It started off good but went down hill fast. First we were seated in the back, by the kitchen even though the entire restaurant was empty except maybe five tables. We overlooked that. We were attended to quickly by a very nice and informative waiter who gave very good advice on what to order and drink. The Chef salad he prepared in front of us was amazing and for me to say that since I generally don't eat Chef salad is definetely saying something. He recommended an amazing red wine and great steak for my husband and the sword fish for me as well as a drink. The food was good but the sauce over the swordfish reminded me of the sauce in chicken pot pies so I scraped it off. At this point we had decided he was going to be tipped VERY well but then.....we looked at our completed plates for 20 minutes with not one bus boy to clear the table and no attention by the waiter even though he walked by us at least ten times and kissed the butts of the patrons seated in the next booth. By the context of their conversation they ate there weekly and were well known. They consumed all of his attention which I am assuming because they are weekly clients and great tippers. What he doesn't know is that when we find a local restaurant we are also great tippers and will visit often and refer people. We eventually asked the bus boy for our check and at that point he took some of the plates from our table. So what could have been one of our new local steak houses will not be visited by us again which is too bad because the food was good.

Tina Highberger

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TLHighberger
Jenni37
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

We knew we wouldn't be spending much time at our hotel this trip. We just needed a clean, safe, comfortable place to sleep. This fit the bill. The decor is 80's southwest and everything in the room is rather shabby. It certainly isn't spotless, but still, it has met our needs.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Jenni37
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

We had a very pleasant stay and really have no negatives to contribute. We didn't gamble or eat there. The smell of smoke in the casino area wouldn't entice me to eat there but the room was fine. Overall good value.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Tumblewheels
Idaho
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

We planned a 1 night stay here because it was right off the highway. It's easy to find. We reserved a non smoking room, but the room reaked of smoke! We asked for a real non smoking room, but only one available was an upgraded room. Of course I had to pay the upgrade...no negotiation there since they were full. They did move our luggage since we had a dinner date. The upgraded room was very nice, no smoke. So we recommend if you get one of the upgraded rooms. Check in and out was easy, the staff was friendly. Didn't gamble, but the casino was packed. Didn't eat there, but found a great local spot 5 minutes from the hotel...go under the highway and check out Dulce Donuts.

Room Tip: Go for the upgraded rooms...much nicer
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FSCBosses
Sparks, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013

I made the reservations on line and was led to believe that I was getting a room in the newly renovated tower...no so. Our room was desperately in need of an update. I know this since I stayed here in 2002. Nothing had changed except for the wear and tear. Even the TV was the same, well maybe not the exact TV but very close. The shower was a big disappointment with what seemed to be a trickle of water. And very disturbing to me was the lack of parking. An entire parking lot out front was empty, reserved for valet only. Seriously....wouldn't be a great idea to give your hotel guest a place to park!
Ok so enough negatives....I loved the constant fan on the air conditioner and the front desk people were very helpful and friendly. I will go back to Arizona Charlie but only after they finish renovating the tower.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

We found Arizona Charlie's on Decatur to be perfect for our visit to Las Vegas. It's convenient to the highway and we didn't notice anything "bad" about this part of town and felt the hotel was very safe. There are 24 hour restaurants on site and the food was decent and reasonably priced. The rooms were clean and the employees were very friendly. Yes, it's a locals hang out and they hang out there in droves. It was busy day and night all week long. That seems to indicate that it might be a decent place to gamble though my luck wouldn't suggest that. I would look forward to staying at Arizona Charlie's again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple