“Great place to stay”

Ranked #171 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Ottawa, Canada
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 30 March 2011

Stayed for the 3rd year in a row . Very clean ,security always near, love the casino and great food at the buffet and the Sourdough Cafe. We get a suite...king bed in one room ..double in the other and pay less than 40 bucks a night. A 20 minute drive at most at peak times to the strip.
Staff is very friendly and accomodating. Will be back next year.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank barbarafromottawa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2010

Stayed at this hotel for 6 weeks. about 5 miles from the strip, so easy to get to if that is your peference to play. Rooms are first class and so so cheap. The casino is small but ultra friendly staff. Cannot fault their enthusiasm and try to cater to your needs. Plenty of good food outlets and the food in the Yukon Grill is to die for. Plenty of good shopping malls within a three mile radius. Having a rental car would be adventagous but there is a good local bus service.
If you like playing bingo then this is the place. 24 hour bingo and the bingo staff are incredible. Not just a game but an adventure. Love this place to bits

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank benebyers
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 21 October 2010

I called earlier in the week to reserve a room because I was unable to do so through their website. The representatvie I spoke with explained that the systems were down and to call in about 2 hours. I did so and spoke to another representative. She explained that the system was still down but could go ahead a reserve a room... why couldn't the other rep I know not. I booked a room for my mother and grandmother for 2 nights. I decided once in Vegas that I would stay their too. The front desk could not give me the same price and told me to call the reservation line. The supervisor I spoke to argued with me that their system was not down when I called originally and would not honor the rate. I even gave her the reservation I already had and the reps name I spoke to. The front desk called them back for me, which she should have done in the first place. They did nothing. The front desk woman gave me a small break with what she could. At check out, the cost was more than I was quoted and the notes left said she was giving me a discount but never mentioned what the discount was. Upon returning home, I have multiple charges on my card that they are unable to explain and offered to credit me back 3/4 of the additional charges but not all of it. UGH!! You might as well stay at Motel 6 because thats what the room looked like.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Valowski

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Canyon Lake, Texas
Reviewed 5 August 2010

This is a great hotel at twice the price. Yes, it is off the strip, but a ten to fifteen minute drive and you are on the strip or freemont st. The room was huge and the grounds were perfectly maintained. Security was evident all the time. Ask for a courtyard view, you wont be dissapointed. We stayed 5 nights and had no problems at all. We are already planning a second stay. Some reviews mention the 7-11 behind the building. I went daily and had no problems at all. Also there is a wal mart just down the street for those forgotten things. I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel.

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mitchellthetexan
Ignacio, Colorado
Reviewed 17 July 2010

I think this hotel is perfect for a young family. The rooms aren't spectacular, but they are sufficient. They have plenty of space, a nice pool (which is too cold in March), a great jacuzzi, friendly staff, and really pretty grounds. It's safe, security cruising around ALL day and night. The rooms are quite clean. The casino is fun for the grown ups. I liked not being on the strip, I just have no need to be in the middle of things. It's a close enough drive to get to the strip, 5-10 minutes tops.

I will stay here again. My only issue may have been simply that there are prostitutes walking around by the entry way into the hotel (which is anywhere in Vegas), and there was a man digging through the trash every morning looking for cans. But the Can Guy was innocent enough and he had a purpose-- I am GLAD that someone is recycling the cans! If he makes his money doing it, at least it's getting done. It was just strange to see because we don't have that sort of thing happen in our town.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank COMom4
Weatherford, Texas
Reviewed 16 July 2010

Two nights stay in LV and a great value for a drive-up suite with living room and bedroom for under $40. Very nice pool area and good security. Casino was a fair deal but very smokey. Gamble a little with their slot card and meals are on them. A long way from the strip and I mean that in a GOOD way!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Chippy C
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed 11 May 2010

We arrived this past weekend to the hotel. The front desk employee "upgraded" us to a suite instead of the basic room. The first thing we noticed was the strong stench of what seemed like chewing tobacco in our non-smoking room. The couch and floor had stains on them. Only one light fixture in the rooms were able to be turned on with a light switch. One of the outlets were damaged. The bathroom was only big enough for a bathtub and a toilet and the floor was covered in what we hoped was only water. After examining the light fixture above i noticed maggots and moths crawling around in the light-bulb. Upon leaving we encountered a car with a group of kids smoking marijuana right in the parking lot. This is definitely not a place I would recommend for anyone.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family