Arizona Charlies is a small casino on Boulder highway. We ( a family of 5 with two teens) stayed 4 nights here for a BMX race at Southpoint .
The location, off the 215 at flamingo, was easy enough to access for all of Las Vegas. Access to a vehicle is a must, esp. in the summer. The temp. was triple digit teens the whole time we we there. A few large Casinos are nearby but everything is a drive.
The Rooms- They are as the other reviews state; nothing fancy.We rented two King Double suites. Two rooms,Two beds, T.V.'s couch,table and ample storage for clothes. We kept Three bicycles in one suite with room to spare. The corner suite was a little bigger. And the sink in the room was funky. I tried to be critical of everything knowing that I would write a review, and really could'nt find anything wrong. No mystery stains, comfy beds and sanitary toilets. Tokeing housekeeping got fresh towels. We paid rack rates , thur arrival and Mon. departure and it came to $400 total for both rooms! Such a deal. If you're a family traveling on a budget, this is a very good value for your hard earned cash.
The Casino- Plenty of Penny and Nickle machines. Lots of video poker and keno. Most are older (1 or 2 years) It was never crowded, and finding a machine was pretty easy. A small but decent Race and sports book. It closed early though, so if you like to play Harness, go to Sams Town down the street. Bingo can be had 24-7. We played a few times. Games called rather quick Payouts were good. Table games were small and a seat could be found even at peak times. Only two crap tables. Lounge act was rather silly but better than the drone of slots. No live Keno. Not too smokey. Lots of locals.
The food- Basic eats. The Buffet was inexpensive, Hot food, Fresh and plenty of it. We ate at least one of our meals of the day there and everyone walked away full, even the picky teens. Same for the 24 hr.Sourdough Cafe. Try their Strawberry shortcake. If you eat the whole thing and get sick, it's your fault.
The Staff- I did'nt find a single Grouch. Everyone was happy and helpful. A rare thing indeed.
Overall- Because the Hotel is separate from the Casino, One must walk outside to and fro. This creates the problem of walking around at all hours with large sums of cash in hand. the staff has provided Armed Security Guards on bicycles roaming the property. I saw no less than three in one morning while throwing all the equipment in the truck. I felt safe at all times, and that's not an easy thing for me.
Because the rates are so reasonable, There were quite a few traveling workers here.They work long hours and just want to sleep when they get back. Our rooms were on the ground level, and I did not hear unneccesary noise from abouve, although the kids did in their room.
There are valid reasons not to stay here, But for us, it fit well and We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mission-style All-Suite Hotel with Mediterranean decor, located near convention center & The Strip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Arizona Charlie's Boulder Casino Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arizona Charlie`s Boulder Hotel Las Vegas
- Arizona Charlies Boulder Hotel
- Arizona Charlies Boulder Las Vegas
- Arizona Charlie's Boulder Casino Hotel Las Vegas