“Total disappointment”

Ranked #227 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Total disappointment”
Reviewed 25 June 2011

This is the worst hotel I had stayed in my whole life. The bed was almost on the floor. The blankets look dirty. The walls are dirty. The rugs smell terrible. The furniture is old. It is better to stay in the car than staying in this hotel. The price paid is excessive. They offered internet access, yes you have to paid in advance per hour and has to use their old PC in their office. There are two things than are acceptable: the air conditioner and the parking lot.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank Speckle_Band

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 7 January 2011

My husband and I stayed at Siegel Slots & Suites on New Year's eve weekend. We arrived at the motel on Dec 30 earlier than we had expected with nothing planned for that particular evening. The friendly front desk staff told us about the restaurant specials and entertainment in the bar so we decided to check it out. First off, we had the catfish special in the restaurant and it was phenomenal!! Just over $6 for a huge meal and it was the best catfish I've ever had. Then we sat at the bar and had a few drinks and listened to the DJ spin. The music was great, the crowd was great, the food was great. I wasn't expecting much because the price was so low, but I was astounded how much my husband and I enjoyed ourselves at Siegel Slots & Suites. The staff was also very very helpful and friendly. Next time we go to Las Vegas, we will definately stay @ Siegel Slots again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 January 2011

I spend my weekends in Vegas during football season and came across a hotel that was right up my alley. Siegel Slots and Suites has a nice little place right off of Las Vegas Blvd. Its directly across from a Super Walmart and at the end of the bus line. The nieghborhood isn't stellar but there's plenty of security on the property. The front desk girls are pleasant enough, and you kinda feel like they know you. The hotel gives you a free meal coupon for every day you stay there, to be used in their restaurant/casino adjacent from the rooms. The restaurant is diner style; being from the east coast I appreciate that. The staff is polite with a full knowledge of the menu and if you ask the right waitress, she can even pick you a winner at the sports book. The sports book is lacking but at no fault of the casino. It does tremendous business and needs to be expanded. But it boasts a kiosk if you dont feel like waiting for the ticket writer. The bar is a regular's place. Each stool stocked with a video slot machine in front of it. The bartenders are approachable but seem a little too busy to accommodate everyone. Nonetheless, the drinks are cheap, the music is good and a good time is had by all. If you wish to save a little loot and stay away from the Strip, take a trip down North Las Vegas Blvd. Make a left on Nellis and a left on Craig. U can't miss, so don't miss it. Party on!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2010

I didn't get the bed size I booked, Blankets were dirty, staff was rude, drug dealers and prostitutes everywhere! Non smoking Room had odor. Towels and linen were dingy and stained. I hated it!!

• Stayed October 2010
3 Thank nicenikki33

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Fresno, California
Reviewed 25 September 2010

This motel is located in a neighborhood that is not for a family, so I would say that bringing your family here would be a little disturbing to me (there are serious amounts of motels/hotels in LV!!!!!). I also do not recommend it for a "romantic getaway", not by a long shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOWEVER, if you are a guy looking to get off base or away from college for a little fun, this might fit the bill! This is the kind of place I LOVED when I was a kid in the Navy!!! LOL

The rooms are aged, but as far as I can see/tell they are clean, and in ok repair, I have stayed in worse! There is Wi-Fi, TV, coffee maker, refrigerator, amenities such as shampoo and lotion, standard stuff. A few lights aren't working, but there are 5 lights available, so..............

I have not visited the casino/restaurant, so I can't speak for those. As for price, I think it's a deal for party seeking/type folks, younger ones at that. It (the motel) is quite a drive from the strip and is on the north side of town, a few miles east on Craig RD.

I must say, I would NEVER bring my wife here on a personal visit, but if I were a single party animal, I would visit on personal time :)

This is simply my opinion, and I think it is pretty fair, strongly recommend reading most reviews with an open mind and a grain of salt, as some people really can't be objective! ;)

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank SoapinTrucker
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 15 September 2010

I stayed at the Siegel Slots & Suites over a three day weekend. We got in late Friday night so decided not to go to the strip, we ate at the restaurant, the food was good and cheap. We stayed to listen to the DJ at 10pm. Great hip hop music and cheap drinks. It's a great alternative to staying on the strip and very cost affective!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Los Angeles
Reviewed 18 February 2010

Hookers, Drug dealers, one security guard who was very hard to get a hold of. I went into the casino and found him there and the other time he was on duty in an another guest room behind close door. Rooms have roaches in them which the staff claims they are water bugs. clean room but the sheets didn't fit the bed. towels have seen better days. Toilet paper ran out. Talk to desk clerk about getting another roll told me since I was staying the week I had to buy it. Kids were running out in the parking lot with no one supervising (this was 10:30 at night) One teenage boy board skating in the empty parking lot at night and sometimes during the day. Rhonda point out a white women who was walking past the office. Rhonda wave at her and than the manager turn to me told me stay away from that women she is retired military and had a nervous breakdown. This was “legally” wrong of manager to slander a motel guest. Open motel doors with individuals going in and out all night long.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo