“Blair House CES 2013”
Review of The Rita Suites

The Rita Suites
Ranked #183 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 23 January 2013

In a bind to go to CES and couldn't believe I could find a hotel this close to convention center that didn't bankrupt me. Great location and found I didn't even have to drive anywhere. Nice friendly place and cool bar/small restaurant inside it. Looked like they were building something in the courtyard I will have to check out next time I am there. Coming back in a few months.

1  Thank catmman
There are newer reviews for The Rita Suites

Reviewed 22 January 2013

I've stayed at the Blair Suites on multiple occasions for CES over the years. Not only is the location a perfect walk from the LVCC, but the improvements to the property by the current management over this time period have been incredible! This 2013 CES I was surprised with a full service bar (Till's), with TV's, loose slots, and a kitchen with an excellent bar menu (even Wisconsin cheese curds)! The bar has a very nice atmosphere and a friendly staff with very reasonable prices! The room improvements have really spruced the place up, still spacious but a new fresh look. All of this made it easier on my travel budget too! I was pleased enough to move my SHOT Show rooms there the week after and had the same excellent experience.

Reviewed 21 January 2013

We have stayed a few times at the Blair Suites, and enjoyed every min. of our stay. The front desk was very helpful at checkin,
Our room was very clean and well kept. We loved the bed, and the great linens .
The new Tills bar is great. Its low key, and a good place to enjoy a drink with friends, and do a little gaming.
All things considered I would stay at the Blair Suite on our next trip to Las Vegas .It is so convenient to the strip, and convention center, one block in each direction.

Room Tip: As far as I know all rooms are very clean and neat.
1  Thank andy a
Reviewed 21 January 2013

I booked 6 rooms here for a convention in January due to the proximity of the hotel to the convention center. Upon check in we immediatley diacovered one room smelled like a mens locker rooom and another had no heat. The guests from those rooms where so disgusted that they left and found other The rooms are old and musty and haven't been renovated in a long while. They make you sign a waiver that you will pay $250 if you smoke in your room but my room smelled like an old ashtray. I called the front desk for a towel and they told me I can come down and get one! Really? Anyways when I did go down they refused to give me one because I didn't bring down a dirty one to replace it. Att checkout I went to pay for the room and I was told I would have to pay in full for the 2 rooms For the 2 nights that we never used because they couldn't sell it. They also told me I should be happy because I got such a good rate on the room! Hopefully Amex is more understanding then this joke of a hotel. Despite this place being walking distance to the convention center I highly recommend that you stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank Eli E
Reviewed 20 January 2013

We found the Blair House Suites to be the perfect place for our Vegas get away. The staff were friendly our room was clean and very comfortable and the Bar was a great intimate place to unwind at the end of our day. We were able to walk the short distance to the strip and do all our shopping and gambling without having to drive. Looking forward to our next trip to Vegas and the Blair.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I booked this 'hotel' for CES for our team based on the pictures and description of amenitis. First of all my co-worker called me saying that his bathroom is broken: toilet is cracked and curtain rod on the shower is coming out of the wall. I called the hotel immediately to make sure his room got fixed and to double check mine. Hotel management confirmed my room (235) was fixed, but when I came in I realized i'm facing the same issue with the shower,AC is broken and smelly, blanket is dirty!! Not to mention room is waaaaay older that is on the pictures!!!!! The rooms were not fixes when we already stayed for 1,5 days,so we asked for an upgrate for a newer room. Management said they don't have anything. So we decided to leave to the hotel accross the street which was much nicer. All the sudden rooms became 'available' for an upgrare. Not to mention that management was so rude that they told me its not a big deal to wash floor myself after i tooj a shower since rod was broken. They made a few other ugly comments. In addition, they don't want to return 4 nights worth of stay for 2 rooms which is abt 800$ saying hotel was fine and it was our choice to leave. This hotel is the biggest scam and I don't recommend anb to stay there, I 've never faced worse experiwnce then this in my life!! Not to mention safety- motel type hotel was facing parking lot which has no light at night!!

• Stayed: January 2013
6  Thank jm1111
Reviewed 19 January 2013

We spent New Years at the Blair and had a blast the mange ment was over top friendly and the New Bar Till's at the Blair was fun and very loose on the video gaming with lots of payout while we were there... The room was upgraded and nice... Good Botique place just a 1/2 block off the strip and 2 blocks to the convention center... At 1/4 the price of the encore directly acroos desert inn rd.
Save some $ for the Video Poker you'll go home a winner...

Room Tip: Try 3 rd floor in the 300's
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple