“Adequate Accomodations”

Boulder Station Hotel and Casino
Ranked #128 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 20 January 2008

My recent 2 night stay at the Boulder Station went about as expected. This is not a many star property. It is however, reasonably priced, clean and convenient to what I wanted to see and do. My only two complaints were that getting to the room is always a hassle in one of these larger properties and internet access is a bit of a chore. Otherwise, the heat worked, the Starbucks opened at 5:30 AM and the gaming didn't take all of my resources. I'd go back.

Stayed: January 2008
5  Thank highdesertbadger
There are newer reviews for Boulder Station Hotel and Casino

Reviewed 17 December 2007

Stayed here for one night due to low price compared to Strip. Big draw for me was the Kids Quest child care on site. Wish casinos on the Strip offered such an anemity. Guess what-- there are lots of people who come to Vegas with their children and wouldn't mind alittle break now and then!

Ok, onto the hotel. Very smoky everywhere, our eyes burned after walking from check-in to the restaurants. No line, disinterested staff talking to one another while checking us in.

Mundane choices for eating. Most happening place seemed to be the lounge with an in house rock and roll band that sounded pretty good.

Pool area right off major entrance into hotel and casino. Pleasant spot, though, if you want to breath some fresh air for a change!

Security at elevator, good. Carpets in hallways the dirtiest I've seen yet at any hotel-- almost laughably disgusting. Huge stains everywhere doesn't make one anticipate the cleanliness of one's room.

Actual room is dark but ok. Beds ok. Bathroom probably the nicest aspect to the place, large and bright(er).

Enough drive to the Strip that you aren't going to go often. I felt isolated from the action, even though I like occasional respite from the crowds and insanity that's there.

I can only recommend this hotel as a cheap layover and if you have kids and want an on-site child care faciity. In talking to many people travelling with kids, all were unaware of the Kids Quest options located at mainly Station casinos, Orleans, and the Palms.

3  Thank longhaulmama
Reviewed 3 December 2007

Needed a hotel for a 1 night stay in Las Vegas. Been to this hotel many times over a 9 year period. The smoke smell was very noticeable this visit - in the past, this was not the case. The rooms need a updating and a general good cleaning (heavy stains in the carpet, broken fixtures). Hallways quiet at night - which made up for the smoke filled casino you had to walk though. Would I stay here again, probably. Good price - good food.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
3  Thank Lattenut
Reviewed 22 November 2007

Terrible lighting -impossible to see in room. Typical old-fashioned casino - forced to march past every machine in the place to get from anywhere to anywhere else. Reeks of cigarette smoke. Bed OK, but room deliberately uncomfortable. Marginal staff abilities and interest. Losers everywhere. Would pay to avoid this place in the future.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
5  Thank Poppatravels
Reviewed 4 October 2007

Just come back from a great stay at Boulder Station Hotel. Location is just a ten to fifteen minute drive from the strip. I am so glad that we stayed a little distance away from all the hustle and bustle. We saw so much more of the beautiful scenery surrounding Vegas by having to drive around.
The hotel room was great, very clean and we had superb views from our bedroom window of the mountains. My partners' daughters were on the other side of the corridor and had stunning views over the strip.
We enjoyed a couple of lovely meals at the Boulder Station cafe which is open 24 hours. I enjoyed a coffee in the morning from Starbucks whilst sat by the pool. The water was very cold but we practically had the pool to ourselves which was great.
The casino was fun and we didn't spend alot, there are plenty of 1cent machines for those on a budget!
We would heartily reccommend Boulder Station and would go back again on our next visit.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
6  Thank juaradawn
Reviewed 11 September 2007

Where do I start!! When we entered our room I noticed the bed covers were not well straightened out. So I pulled back the covers to find the sheets had not been changed. There human hairs on the sheets!!!!!!!!!!! The hotel immediately came and did our room properly but it made us very uneasy for the rest of our stay. The casino is very smokey even early in the morning. In the evening groups of baggy pant teenagers hang around outside like a local quickie mart. Casino security seem to do nothing about these loafers. Occaisionly one or two would casually walk in to cool down I guess until tossed. They were loud and foul mouthed. Amazing they were there the whole time without being REALLY TOSSED off the property. We made the mistake of one morning going to the buffet. It came to $21 for two of us. I tried to drink $21 worth of coffee because the food was right out of Chevy Chases movie "Vegas Vacation". The best item was biscuits and gravy (and don't get cheap on me!) which almost all guests were scoffing down with glee!! YEECH!! The rest of the food had scabbed over and I dared not try scooping any. They had Lox which actually was some cheap salmon dyed a weird color of red to pretend it was real Lox. I come from Vancouver and believe me I know my Lox. My advice is to spring for a little extra and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank Canuckscout
Reviewed 20 July 2007

Nice hotel & Casino. Rooms were rather large. Shower was small and of course the pay for internet always drives me nuts. Overall a decent place to stay. Would I rate this higher then the Comfort Inn? Almost. All they need is free wireless. The Pasta Palace or Place in the Casino is AWESOME and cheap! That's it for me folks. Really decent place. Here's some photos.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled on business