“Good value”

Boulder Station Hotel and Casino
Ranked #131 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Good value”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Only stayed here 1 night, but it was a pleasant stay for a low price. This resort sits 5-10 minutes east of the strip. Check-in was pleasant and efficient. It was a busy place in general but not crowds like the strip resorts & casinos. The building has a masked stench of cigarette smoke, typical of many Vegas resorts. Lots of free parking available, too.

Room was well appointed, tasteful, clean, and standard size for dbl queen with a view angled toward the north Vegas skyline. Beds were firm yet comfy. WiFi in-room can be obtained for a fee.

We ate at the Cafe where service was friendly but food took quite a long while to arrive at the table (11pm & not busy). Food tasted good and was hot, but not a thick T-bone steak. There is a buffet with affordable prices for different times of day (breakfast $4.99, lunch $7.99).

There is a casino, outdoor swimming pool (which seemed small for a facility this size) movie theatre, and play place for childcare if so desired for a fee (We did not use any of them during our brief stay).

This is an affordable family stop that's not far from the glitz of the strip. Look for online deals to maximize value (we stayed for $27/night + resort fee).

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank therev68

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
Las Vegas
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I had book online and when i check in found that a hotel fee. of 12.99 per night was going to be an issue . the hotel manger listen to my situation. and lowerd. it to $5.99 a night greatly appreciated . the rooms are newly remember remodeling and the food was fantastic .

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

4 Thank Randy D
Independence, Missouri
Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just spent 4 days at Boulder Station for our yearly trip to Vegas. Check in was quick and our room was ready for us. I will say we had a King room with 2 small pillows. I called and requested more and was told the hotel was booked and there weren't anymore pillows available. I thought 2 small pillows for a king was cheap and the mattress could have been better. Now I need to tell you about your outstanding staff. We enjoy playing the tables when we come to town. Our favorite pit boss was the day boss, John. Fernando, evenings, was a close second. But the favorite of all was the evening Pai Gow dealer was Dianne. Extremely friendly and when I wanted to leave because the cards weren't falling my way, I chose to stay because of her. I like it when I'm losing it isn't nearly as bad when you have great dealers. The day dealer Justine was another fantastic dealer. The my husbands favorite of all the the daytime cocktail waitress , Kathy. When were first arrived and We were playing slots we couldn't find a cocktail anywhere, back by the theatres. But Kathy was great. Her memory was unbelievable, always remembering his drank of choice every time she saw him. Superb!

We really enjoyed the Cafe, prices were great and the meals very good. We aren't Buffet fans but from the lines, there's lots were like it, so we can't grade the buffet. We ate at the Mexican restaurant, Cabo. Another favorite when in town.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I recently stayed at this location for 10 nights on a business trip and was very disappointed. First, a resort fee was paid for each night that included internet access but I was charged every day for a separate internet fee which I had to bring to the management's attention. Second, bar charges were added to my bill when I never charged a thing to my bill at any bar. These charges were finally removed two weeks after my return home. Third, the carpets were so filthy. I had to bleach all my white socks because they were so brown when I returned home! I will never stay here again and have told others of this dismal hotel with hookers in the casino!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Cindy S

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Arizona
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Check in was quick and easy at Boulder Station. The prices were fantastic. The room was very comfortable and very clean. Unfortunately we were not there during pool times and they didn't have a hot tub.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GTOGirl1967
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

The hotel and staff have that "you are family" feel. Feel very welcome. The Railhead has some awesome entertainment, the restaurants are great, and the gaming is good! Yes, as a local, I always feel like this is my "home" casino, but so do my family and friends when they visit Vegas!

• Stayed June 2013
erskine
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Boulder Station is a good locals hotel. Great slot machines, nice rooms. This is a good place to start a Vegas vacation if you have been to Sin City before. Good all round value but a car is essential.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple