“Rooms are beautiful, some service is a different story.”

Boulder Station Hotel and Casino
Ranked #127 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I really liked the way that the room was designed.Bellmen service was perfect! The guy (not wearing a name badge) serving the pizza needs a raise and a promotion. He does a fantastic job btw and gave me better service than front desk gave me at check out.What i didn't like was that i called and asked for three pillows, the operator i spoke to said she will send them up. 35 minutes or so later the runner said they can only bring up two pillows. I wish i was informed about it at first. I am concerned about the operater and front desk, i dialed 0 and asked if i was to order $10.00 movie from the tv if i would have it for just the two hours that it plays or if i would have it all night. Operater transfered me to the front desk and i was on hold for 15 minutes. The front desk gave me the wrong information they just said it was good for the 2 hours. I can have it all night i found out later on...on my own. In my room there were two hairs on my pillow and blanket about the size of an eyelash... i hope it was an eyelash. And also there was hair on the toilet seat. I noticed this as we entered the room.i was in a good mood and i didnt want to complain. What really ticked me off was once i checked out. When i checked out there was a form that you need to sign so that you can get your cash deposit back. They really need to make a new detailed check out form. A better one! See, when i checked in i paid 36.99 for the room plus a 15.00 service fee and the deposite of 100 on top of that. Im okay with it. I actually love the price. What i didnt like was that when i check out, it shows that there are my room charges plus that "15.00" service fee. AGAIN!!!!! it just threw me off. The guy didnt bother explaining what was going on, he just said this is what you have left over from your deposite. Well i started doing the math and it turns out that i wasnt being charged for those 15 dollars again. I just dont unterstand why they jot down that fee if they arent charging you for it but they dont bother to put down how much you paid all together. And its really confusing. The guy who checked me out saw that i was doing the math and he seemed mad about it too. I called for room service, they were not having any that day. I wish there was like a paper in the room of the services that they were and weren't providing due to the holiday.the fitness center is half the size of the one bedroom, you can only fit 5 people max in there. Two treadmills, 1eliptical, and a few weights i think from 8 lbs to 35lbs. There was also 1 wire machine. The water jug was almost empty and there were no cups to use to get water. I had to go all the way to my room to get my cup to get water.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Karysparks

Reviewed 25 December 2013

No, It's not on the strip. But the rooms are perfectly fine and you can beat the price of a strip hotel by quite a bit. They always have specials, and typically far less than the strip. The rooms were comparable to many on the strip. For an extra $8 upgrade I got one heck of a view. Rooms were clean. View was great. restaurants were very good. Buffett seemed to be very popular. I didn't partake but, huge lines every meal. Regal Theater on premises. If you gamble, nice low table minimums.
I always rent a car. I can't stay in one place all day. Don't have too much trouble getting around and can always drive to the strip and park there (like Harrah's). Just avoid driving on the actual strip.
I liked it so much and got a birthday offer that couldn't be beat, so I'm going back in December.

Room Tip: Go on-line for web deals. Players Card always gives best deals.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 December 2013

15 - 25 minute drive to the strip, depending on the freeway you take from the East. Other casino hotels in the area, Sam's Town, Arizona Charlie's, The Cannery East, and Sunset Station. Or less than 10 mins freeway drive to Downtown Las Vegas. Easy access on and off the freeway, security roaming the parking garage, security @ the elevator to hotel rooms.. I feel safe here. Lots of good food, buffet is very good, especially Friday seafod night. I got lucky with an internet Super Saver rate for the Friday 11/15/13 I stayed. Even though they have a resort fee the cost was way cheaper than other places. Played the new Ferris Buhller slot machine, but didn't see the other 80s theme slots coming out. I didn't win but my slot play was long with hit and misses, I like slots that give longer play time. For families they have a movie theater, Kids Quest, and arcade. Pool during the warmer months. I'll stay here again. Station Casinos are one of my luckiest for me to play in.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms too close to the elevators unless you like hearing the machinery. Book rooms on higher f...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Always a fan of the Station chain and this was no exception. Pretty clean casino and dining areas, comfortable, quiet and clean room with comfortable beds, generally friendly staff. Great choice of games. Self-contained with a buffet, a few other restaurants, a bowling alley, bar, theatre, bingo room....awesome!
The buffet can't be beat - choice and quality for price - ie - breakfast (with players' card - $5.99 - any non-alcoholic bevs you want - lunch $7.99, dinner $10.99 - can't be beat!)
Slots not the most loose....truly hit and miss.
I don't get the extra nightly room fee - $14/night or so - just include it or make it smaller - it's just an extra pinch that is off-putting, esp'y when you lose several hundred dollars while gambling there.
Missed having a room fridge and safe. Wish Starbucks was 24 hr - closes way too early, but maybe it wouldn't be worth their while.
Is about 5 miles from the strip - had a rental car so wasn't an issue. Handy to local stores and restaurants.
Overall, got such a good rate (package deal through Orbitz) would recommend and return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Stayed here last year and was happy with the place so decided to give it another try this year. The customer service has gone downhill here quite a bit. Also well aware of the $15 daily resort fee, but was fun last year because they had their outdoor pool heated so you could swim in November. This year pool wasn't heated at all so couldn't use that, Internet was another $6 per day to use it, so I guess I paid $15 bucks a day to get a newspaper, which woulda been whole lot cheaper to buy one in town. Was on the 8th floor this time and rooms up there didn't seem to be insulated at all. You could hear every breath your next door neighbor took, not to mention everything else. The tv in the room wouldn't stay on a specific channel while you were watching it, which was annoying as well. I am sure going to look to stay elsewhere next year when I visit again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kristen68
Reviewed 11 November 2013

WOW, this casino is seriously trying to compete with the number of games they can place in a single location - WAY TOO MANY gaming machines makes this casino overcrowded and uncomfortable.

ALL dealers were unpleasant and the patrons seemed unhappy. NOT a favorable experience and will not be going back anytime soon.

We did stay in the hotel, the room was comfortable.clean and affordable. The pool is VERY SMALL and no bar service available there.

If you're looking for a cheap place to stay off the Strip, this might be fine...but don't waste your time gambling at this unfriendly, overcrowded, and unpleasant casino!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank OregonDelight
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We wanted a place to stay for one night before departing for national parks in Utah. Our room was clean and very quiet. We had excellent and friendly service in the cafe. The breakfast buffet was extensive and inexpensive.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple