“How clean could it really be.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Budget Suites of America North Rancho Drive
Ranked #225 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Las Vegas, Nevada
“How clean could it really be.”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

There's some many people staying here with dogs and cats an alot of dogs are bigger than there owners how clean can the couches in the rooms really be think about that before moving here because the size of some of these dogs really bother me. The rooms are not that big so if 2 people an a 120 pound dog is in the room. Where does the dog sleep?

• Stayed July 2014
7 Thank pretta22

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Serbian first
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I had stayed at this budget suites when they first opened fifteen years ago and it was a good experience. I decided to stay at this one again when I needed temporary housing. Big mistake. On move in the night manager was very nice and friendly. But the next day different story. I heard commotion outside of my room and I say a confrontation between a family and the security staff. At one point the security officer pepper sprayed a seven year old boy because he told the officer that he was being rude. I was shocked. When it rained the bedroom roof leaked and when I complained to management they told me that they would get around to fixing it. They never did. After that we noticed black mold in one bedroom and cockroaches in the kitchen. The manager was the most hostile person on the face of the earth and screamed at every one. Please stay away from this terrible place unless you are a drug dealer or prostitute. These people are welcome there.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
15 Thank VegasGirl2014

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Las vegas
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I stayed in a ground floor room because I'm disabled. For the first week the people above me stomped back and forth for hours every day and night. They were dragging furniture across my ceiling constantly. They had to be on crack. When I complained and asked for another room this nut Dana got mad at me and told me to leave her office. I had to stay for another week and a half because theres a few places where you can have your dog with you. The stomping and furniture dragging continued the whole time. I could no longer stand it so even though I still had 2 days paid for I decided to check out. When I was in line checking out Dana said are you here for mail I said no. Another lady walked past me and said can I help you, and said yes I'm checking out and gave her my tv remote and key. She went back to a cubby hole for my paperwork and as this was happening Dana says are you here to pay rent I said no. She got angry and said well what are you here for then. I said relax I've already been helped. She stormed around the counter and said get the hell out of my office I'm calling security. This person Dana is truly a hothead who has no business dealing with the public and should be fired immediately.

Room Tip: Don't stay in this place
Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
11 Thank Larry F
Maple Valley, Washington
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I have never written a horrible review on TI. I debated if I should about this property as the staff frankly scares me.

My young 20s son had to stay in LV for 3 weeks to complete some schooling. This was by far the best short term stay hotel. (we thought). We had read many bad reviews but decided we could deal with the complaints.

Please Please...take digital pictures of EVERYTHING!...including receipts...do not pay in advance...they will keep the money and even VISA can't get it back. The rooms are stinky and moldy. When you return your key or checking out...they will not give you a receipt...take many pictures for proof. I am sincerely, warning you. Every tiny bit will cost you extra! Please do not pay for rent in advance or any other amenities!!

I am sad to add this to my reviews but ALL should be warned. Budget Suites of America, North Rancho Drive is the worst rental experience I have ever had in my life.

Room Tip: At another Long Stay Hotel. I loved the last review....in a nut shell...it is better than living on...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
21 Thank atarnove
Las Vegas
Reviewed 24 May 2012

This is my first week at Budget Suites Rancho. I arrived about 8 P.M. and the gentleman at the front desk was very friendly and accommodating. I decided to give this site a try because of the most recent review. I rented a room, sight unseen, but when I got to the room it was not bad. I rented a one bedroom and it's small but, had new carpet, sofa and looked like it had been recently painted.

I saw a couple of bugs the night I arrived. The next morning the property manager called to asked how everything was when I arrived. I told her about the bugs and she told me she would get some out right away...within 2 hours, a man was here to spray. She called back the following day to ask, again, if everything was ok. She also told me if I had any problems to let her know. I call that good customer service.

You do have to supply your linens, towels, dishes, cookware and cutlery... The place is quiet and well lit and night. I have been out, after dark, and did not feel afraid. The courtesy patrol walks around the property day and night.

As a previous gentleman posted, it is basically people that are down on their luck or here for a work related stay. I had to downsize after I lost my job and had to lighten up on the living expenses. Even the best of people can go through hard times. Everyone that I've met, so far, has been friendly and the staff has been helpful. I appreciated the courtesy calls and I told the manager so.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
14 Thank rose_n_desert
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I have been here at the Budget Suites on Rancho in Las Vegas for 8 weeks now and will be here for another month. It's a temporary stay and I researched this place before coming here. I am here in Vegas on business and I was looking for a cheap place to sleep at night that has a kitchenette so I don’t have to spend money eating out. I knew in advance that it's a "budget" hotel, meaning I knew that I was NOT going to get 5-star accommodations and service. As long as you know and understand that this place caters to the low-income and bad credit crowd, then it’s fine.

Many of the people that stay here at the Budget Suites are people that are here for an extended period either because they were evicted from their apartment or home and have bad credit or they are local contractors here on a job project and just trying to live very cheaply (like me).

The GOOD news is you can stay here without a credit card. They take cash and only ask you for your ID. They don’t care that you don’t have a credit card because they cater to people with bad credit. Just pay your rent on time and you're fine. However, they don’t want criminals here, so be advised they DO run everyone's personal information through the police department to see if you're a wanted criminal. Same with license plates, so if you're a fugitive from justice, DON'T bother staying here or you will find yourself getting arrested in the middle of the night. However, they don't care if you have prior convictions. They're concerned with wanted felons. Believe me, many (if not most) of the people here are people with skeletons in their closets, but I find most of the tenants are relatively nice and friendly. The management here doesn’t put up with problem guests.

So my review will rate the PLACE, the SERVICE and the PEOPLE.

Let's start with SERVICE......I have found that the people at the front desk deal with a lot of people that are definitely on the low end of the totem pole. They have to deal with belligerent people, people that get drunk or drugged out, drama queens, uneducated illiterates........and every last one of those people has a financial sob story to tell because everyone in this place is here because they don't have money and their credit stinks. So the ladies at the front desk have to draw a hard line. I have been very nice to them and they have been very nice to me in return. I have had NO problems. In fact, although they do in fact charge for every little item (including light bulbs and smoke alarm batteries), I find that by simply being nice to them they usually take pretty good care of me. So if you stay here, understand that the front desk staff have to deal with a LOT of nonsense, but if you're nice to them they will likely take good care of you. On the other hand, the minute you start dropping F-bombs or you become loud and obnoxious, they will NOT hesitate to throw you out in a heart-beat. Personally, I find that a GOOD thing because it keeps a lot of the riff-raff out of the place and it keeps people in control. To be fair, the front office staff simply reflect the attitude of the people staying here. If you're nice, they're nice. If you're obnoxious, they're merciless and they will not hesitate to throw out obnoxious people.

Now let's talk about the PLACE. Honestly, it's a bit rough. They permit smoking and pets so the rooms tend to smell bad with a heavy masking odor of chemicals (to de-odorize the place). You WILL find a few scratches, dents and dings on most doors, appliances and surfaces, as well as cigarette burns here and there but things are mostly in good and working condition. The beds are very cheap mattresses and box springs. Not very comfortable. You need to provide your own pillows, sheets and blankets. Air conditioning and heat come from a wall unit mounted under the front window but the AC and heat work well. I find they do a great job maintaining the grounds with lots of trees and grass that get mowed and maintained every week. They even have signs on the grass asking you NOT to walk on it so it stays nice and presentable. There are a couple dozen 3-story buildings on the property with over 700 units. There is a laundry room on premises but I won’t use it because you have to buy a laundry card from a machine that requires a minimum of $5.00 but only gives you $3.00 of credit to use in the machines (it charges a $2.00 "fee" for the card). Not to worry, there are 2 nice laundromats right up the street that are cheaper. Overall, the place is a little rough around the edges, but as long as you understand this before you come here, then you know not to expect much more and you won't have room to complain. You can't expect Ferrari performance when you KNOW you're buying a Hyundai. It's a cheap place servicing the low-income community, so anyone staying here needs to keep their expectations low. As long as you do that, you'll be just fine staying here. By-the-way, I rent a 1-bedroom with a small kitchen. With tax, it costs me $224 a week but then they reduced the price after a month to just $200 a week. Everything is a la carte here. Internet is extra, a microwave is extra, sheets and pillows are extra, etc. The rooms are very basic. They come with a toilet, shower, fridge, stove, air conditioning and heat, a cheap bed, cheap dressers, small color TV with HBO (free), a cheap couch, cheap chairs and table. Other than that, the place is stripped. You need to provide your own bathroom towels, your own cookware, your own utensils, your own bedding. I find that the place is generally very quiet at night and I sleep well. In fact, I am surprised that it is NOT noisy at night. They have a courtesy patrol that is always walking the grounds day and night, ensuring that people are quiet at night and no crime is happening.

Okay, let's cover the PEOPLE here. Like I said earlier, this place targets those with bad credit and little money, so you won’t see anyone wearing suits and ties here. That being said, I do NOT see a bunch of drug dealers and gang bangers hanging around. I heard stories from other tenants that the place used to be a lot rougher but they all say that the management has done a great job cleaning the place up and booting out the riff-raff. I've been here for 8 weeks and I have NO problem going out at night here. I find the place is generally very quiet and most everyone is in bed by 11pm. I've gone out at all hours from 10pm to 4am and what I usually see are a couple of dumpster divers raiding the trash but that's it. Otherwise, I find people will generally respond friendly if you say hello to them. Many of the residents here have been here a long time and are very pleasant. You will see many of the residents decorate their windows and units nicely since this is their "home". In fact, the welcome paperwork from the front desk contains rules of conduct so everyone here can call the place "home".

Over all, if you're going to stay here, just remember it's like buying an old used car. Don't expect sleek styling or hot rod performance. With old used cars, you have to expect it will run a little rough and it will have some dents and bruises. When you KNOW that you're buying an old used car, then you expect it will come with issues and you will keep your expectations low. In doing so, you won't be disappointed.

In my years, I have stayed at 4 and 5 star hotels and I have stayed in dumps. As long as you understand this place caters to the unemployed, caters to the low income and the bad credit crowd, and you keep your expectations LOW, then you'll be just fine here. I hope this review helps your decision.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
26 Thank bbkcollector
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Ok, its not the best place, the service people are rude, the security guys are jerks, and you don't dare go out at night. The best I can say is that if its all you got its better then living on the street. Its got AC/Heat, running water, and a place to sleep. The internet is not terrible but its not by anyway the best. Its like living in a motel room in all accounts. I've traveled all over the place and this by fair is not as bad as some of the other propertys here in Vegas. If your tired and just need a place to crash for a few weeks its exactly that. A place to rest for a week and move on. There are some front desk people on the night shift that are very nice, but the day shift is nasty and mean in every way.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo