“A huge hotel, with a great nightclub!”
Review of Caesars Palace

Caesars Palace
Ranked #37 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I stayed at Caesars Palace hotel on the strip last year with my girlfriends on a girly holiday. The hotel is huge and will take 10 minutes to walk from one end to the other. It is the same size as most of the hotels on the strip. The hotel is modern and the rooms (even though I was sharing with 2 other girls) were huge and the bathroom was a good enought size to allow us to get ready. The pool area was great and you could hire large sunbeds to share with your friends. It was more like a pool party every day rather than a quiet relaxing sun bathing area but that is Vegas for you! Our room over looked the pool and had a nice view. The only gripe was that at the time they were doing some construction work so the view was not as nice, but at the end of the day you don't spend much time in your hotel room apart from sleeping. If you are going to get a room a the Caesars Palace hotel check whether there is any on-going construction before you book. We did enjoy going to Caesars Palace nightclub 'Pure' which has it own roof top bar over looking the strip. It was one of our favourite clubs in Vegas and was heaving on a Friday and Saturday night. If you are staying at the hotel then you get free entry. The conceriege also booked our helicopter trip over the Grand Canyon which was one of my highlights of the stay. All in all this hotel was pretty much what we expected, and I said you don't spend much time in the room so anywhere you book on the Strip will be fab.

Other advice, we went to see the 'O' show at the Ballagio which was brilliant, the Grand Canyon helicopter trip is a must, (book through information at Caesars) we had dinner at the Mandalay Bay Hotel which was very nice and Tao nightclub (at the Venitian) and XS (at the Wynn) were also good clubs. Breakfast in the Paris Hotel is also a must!!

Room Tip: Make sure there is no construction work going on.
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank GizzyKelly

Reviewed 3 October 2011

After reading some of the reviews I was a bit worried about Caesars Palace and whether it would live up to expectation. Thankfully it did!

The place itself is fantastic, upon walking into reception it takes your breath away and it keeps on coming. The mall which is attached to the hotel is like entering another world and would definetly recommend the Cheesecake Factory for somewhere to eat.

Anyway, back to the hotel.....receptionist was lovely and friendly, we had pre-upgraded to a delux room and asked about a view of the strip which we would have to pay extra for. We didn't bother but wasn't dissapointed with our view of the mountains in the distant and the Mirage hotel. The room itself is spacious and the bed HUGE, the bathroom with it's twin sinks, Jacuzzi tub, walk in shower and seperate toilet didn't dissapoint. The tooms were cleaned every day and the beds made, our cleaner deserved his/her tip,

As for the location, you couldn't ask for anything better, bang in the centre and next to the Bellagio and opposite the Paris (which has a great restuarant at the front where you can eat watching the fountains). The casino itself is great with a really good vibe and it has a great selection of bars, recommend the Cleopatra's Barge where you can get tickets to see Matt Goss perform on a Fri/Sat night. If you fancy something a bit more hardcore, then the Pure nightclub is for you!

As for the prices for drinks, didn't find it overly too expensive but would recommend the following tip. Get a bottle of Vodka, Whiskey etc and have a drink or two in your room before going out. Vegas is mental and a couple of drinks helps take in the lights, sounds and people which will give you a sensory overload!

As for food, the hotel has a selection for everyone on any kind of budget. There is the food court where you can get pizza's, chinese food, burgers etc.... or you can treat yourself to something a bit more up market. However, there is plenty of places to eat on the strip and as already mentioned the restuarant at the Paris does great food.

Overall loved Vegas and would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a bit of luxury in an excellent loaction.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris5cott
Reviewed 3 October 2011

The entire facility is a great place to stay. With such a great facility, I expect excellent customer service. That was not the case. We had reserved a room for 2 nights. Before we arrived, we received an email asking if we'd like to upgrade our room at a discounted rate. I called to ask about the amenities in the upgraded room. I would have passed on most of the upgrade, but when I heard that we'd have a Jacuzzi tub and an extra sink, I felt like the upgrade was worth it. When we checked in, we were given a room for a handicapped person. There was no tub. The shower was very handicap friendly - no door, a wand instead of a showerhead. There was only one sink in the bathroom. I called the front desk to ask about our room. They told us that we were in a deluxe room like we had requested. I mentioned the amenities that I was expecting, and they told us that the larger size room made it qualify as a deluxe room. The room was very large, but I had no need for all the floor space. I just needed a place to sleep. She told me that they were sold out and there was no way that they could give me another room. I asked if there was something available for the next night, and she said I'd have to call back the next day and ask. When I asked the next day, they found a room for me. They told me to pack my belongings and wait in the room until someone arrived. They might not arrive for 2 hours. Eventually she agreed to an upgraded room change where we wouldn't have to be there when our belongings were moved. All in all, I was very frustrated with the service. No one cared whether anything worked out for us. Without going through all the details, they were very stingy in their efforts to help us. I expect a lot more from a place like this.

Room Tip: There are rooms with views of the Bellagio Fountain. I would try to get one of those. Make sure th...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2011

The poolside service at the Cabana was Horrible.
First thing: we entered the wrong code into the safe. Our fault, but at 9 am we asked them to send an engineer to open the safe so that we may have access ot our belongings. At 1:45 pm we still did not have access to our belongings. We had to make a second and third request to get the safe open. When help arrived they were b@@ching at us about not receiving the order. That is an internal problem that a guest should not have to listen to. Nevertheless we had to smile and pretend that life was great so that they could stop b@@ching and do their job. Gee whiz, now I have to play mediator between the staff and management. That is outrageous. Five hours after later we have our purses. yeah!
Second huge problem: horrible, horrible, horrible, service at my cabana. We rented the cabana for $500 dollars and were committed to ordering $1000 in food and drinks. $1500 to have a tent by a pool. ok. There were 10 of us so that will not be a problem. The problem is we could only order service from the deisgnated cabana boys or waitress, none of which were available. Our waitress showed up an hour late because she was confused with what time her shift started. The Cabana boys were available the first hour before they disappeared. We waited to order food and drinks one whole hour before I walked around to find a manager. The manager promised to handle the situation and comp. a round of drink and to restock our refridg with water. ok, all is well..maybe not. The waitress finally arrived and waited on us only to get the order wrong!! It was an additional 45 min before I received what I wanted. In addition, our drinks were never removed from our bill! Also, the water arrived in a case and the waiter needed to be told to put the water in ther refrig. He looked at us as if to ask where do you want this hot case of water to go. It is 97 degrees F, you tell me where you think it should go! If guests are required to purchase 1 grand of food and beverages and order directly from the staff then we should have dedicated staff for the cabana. Instead the staff was servicing the cabana and the rest of the 2 pools. An additional waitress came to assist us around 4 pm (we have been at the pool for 7 hours at this time) only to roll her eyes before asking if we needed help and explain that she knew our waitress was swamped and needed assistance, but management just gave her the ok. Again, internal problems, not mine.
Overall, I expected a higher level of service from CP. This service along with the customer service at the pool, will make me consider other properties! In fact, returning in October, and my reservation is not here!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
11  Thank Nic R
Reviewed 3 October 2011

This was our first visit to Vegas, and we were excited that we had reservations at Caesars having read about the room accommodations there and other nearby hotels. What a disappointment when we finally found our run-down room at the end of a very long hall--with none of the luxuries noted on Caesars website. After a phone call to the front desk, we were offered a room in the Centurion Tower. We should have known we were in for another disappointment when TWICE when asking hotel employees for directions to the tower we were asked if the Centurion Tower was open again. This room was older looking than the last. In fact, I think the red velvet couch was probably from the days of Elvis. The good news was the room was closer to the elevator, the bathroom was clean and everything worked properly, and despite the bedding was unusual (there was no bed spread or comforter), the bed was extremely comfortable....I slept like a baby with no annoying backache in the morning. I appreciated that Caesars was centrally located, but I doubt that I would stay there again, Oh yes, upon returning to our room day three of our four day stay, we discovered one of the doors to the tv cabinet had been removed. It was the side that had a broken hinge and cracked wood. Housekeeping must have had problems with it that day and decided it was easier to just remove the broken door leaving us with quite an eyesore. That's life.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Our executive host, Danielle Castranelli, is the best. Limo to/from airport, chocolate strawberries waiting in the room. Augustus Tower, great view, restaurants all outstanding. Have visited 10 times, the best on the strip

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 2 October 2011

My friends and I stayed at Caesar's Palace for 5 days in September. Overall, we had a very good experience and we would consider staying here again.

Room: We stayed in a Classic room in the Roman Tower. It was clean and well-kept, and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was quite nice, with a faux-marble counter top, two sinks, and a separate bathtub and shower. The room was located in a quiet wing on a higher level floor, so we didn't have any issues with noise at all. While the room offered a few basic amenities (e.g, hairdryer, TV, clock radio), it would have been nice to have some mirrors in the room itself and a bit more space. It was a basic room that met my expectations, but for next time, I think that I would consider upgrading to a Deluxe room. Another thing to note: the hallways in this tower are quite long, so walking to the elevator from the room (and vice versa) was a bit of a hike.

Service: My companions and I were very pleased with the service. Although the front desk had constant line-ups, all of the staff were friendly and promptly processed our check-in and check-out. We requested an early check-in since our flight arrived several hours before the 4PM check-in time. However, we needed to wait for an hour as the cleaning staff prepared the room; the front desk contacted us on our cell phone when the room was ready. As we walked to our room, the cleaning staff also greeted us in the hallway and welcomed us to the hotel.

Amenities: Caesar's Palace is a HUGE hotel with numerous amenities. There are several good restaurants (in particular, I highly recommend the Mesa Grill); a food court, which offers some decent Asian, Italian, and American fare; a buffet, which offered limited food selections but was still tasty; and a direct connection to the Forum Shops mall. Best of all, the hotel is located right in the middle of the Las Vegas strip, so it was very easy to walk to other hotels, shops, or eating places outside of the premises. The nightlife was quite alive in the many lounges and bars, which were all elegant and posh and not seedy at all. I would recommend this hotel for this very reason. The layout of the hotel, however, was a bit confusing and the hotel itself simply felt huge and monstrous when walking from point A to point B.

Overall: I was quite pleased with my experience at this hotel and I would recommend it to other travellers. I felt that we received good value for the price that we paid.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends