“Still going strong!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Rome, Italy
“Still going strong!”
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Considering that Caesars is one of the oldest themed hotels on The Strip, other, younger hotels have already given way to the new kids on the block like the Wynn and Venetian, it is still well worth a stay. Certainly, I was lucky enough to be in one of the recently refurbished towers, Octavius, and therefore I cannot speak for the others. Breathtaking, could be said of many of the hotels, however, Caesars has the edge on others in its price category.... slightly more spacious, lighter (the tendency for internal semi-darkness in Vegas can be annoying) great pool area with plenty of room for everyone. There are discreet, polite, but very present security guards to prevent people from casaully wandering towards the guest towers and thus ensure some privacy and security. Other staff are wandering the corridors greeting guests and dealing with enquiries with a pleasant manner...it is very easy to get lost and consequently a map is provided to guests on check in.

My room was huge, by the standards of the price range I am used to of around $100 a night. The bed was high enough to climb into, I felt like the Prince and the Pea, however I slept soundly. The bathroom was big enough for several people to use at once, with a shower that you could walk into. Towels, toiletries, lighting, TV were all excellent. I am well aware of the thousands of people who pass through hotel rooms and therefore am a bit more tolerant of faded carpets and scratched bedside tables than most, however, this was cleaned and maintained to an excellent standard.

A kind of breakfast was included, which meant I could spend upto $9 (I thought) on danish pastries, yogurt and coffee at a designated cafe in the hotel... it was quite a walk to get there through the casino, but good for working up a morning appetite. It transpired that my room was a double occupancy, I, a single traveller, beneffited from the breakfast allocation of 2 people and therefore had £18 to spend on breakfast each day!!!

I noticed there can be a bit of a queue to check in, especially late afternoon, however I arrived mid evening and had no problems... whilst checking out other hotels I saw horrendously long queues, many of which have already been mentioned in other reviews. Staff were efficient and courteous, always a surprise for us Europeans who are accustomed to sporadic customer service at best in hotels of this price range on our home territory. Self check-out saves time!

It may well have been the time of year, Easter, but the clientele were predominantly in the age range 18 - 30, mostly groups of young singles, some couples and a few families. Then there were the older, electric wheel chair using gamblers that seemed to be very active at 6am!

I thouroughly enjoyed it and found that it served my needs perfectly, a good base, well located, great for some down time by the pool, with a hint of glamour, Vegas style!

Room Tip: Octavius tower seems to have been recently refurbished, so standards were high.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank LNT66

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,918)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
dana
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Nothing good to say about our recent stay, Room full of black mold. We called LV Health Department and reported them. Management rude and corrupt. Terrible service and big bullies with pushing us out of our room. We left and went to the Four Seasons Hotel.

Room Tip: Go to THE Hotel or The Four Seasons, Stay away from Ceasars in LV- it is a crap shoot what kind of d...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank bunn765
Plantation, Florida
Reviewed 3 May 2012

we were in roman tower-in all honesty the room was free with my points-so glad i did not have to pay-it was clean so ok

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ileen56
Irvine, California
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We visited Caesar's Resort in Las Vegas this year and had the worst stay we have ever had in this city. Our family checked in to a room and found loads of black mold all over the base boards in the room and bathroom. We asked to change rooms and management had us pay more than $200 for a different room. Management and front desk are at best smug, rude, and unprofessional and they dont care about providing any service because they have a big supply of clients. We had numerous problems during our short stay and decided to cut our trip short. Several of our friends also staying in the old tower had black mold in their rooms. In short, the overall experiences at this hotel were so awful, we are never going back. Avoid this moldy and terribly managed hotel at all costs.

Room Tip: Avoid old tower rooms. Make sure you can leave under your room plan and get a refundable room if thi...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank adventurer2304
St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I went to Las Vegas last October with my mum. We stayed at Caesars Palace for 6 nights.
We were based in the Centurion Tower; which was located towards the back of the hotel, where you didn't hear the noise from the strip or the Bellagio fountains.
Rooms were maintained at an excellent standard, and cleaned thoroughly. There were 2 king-size double beds and a large bathroom.
For our hotel deal when we booked, we had included continental breakfast, which gave a daily allowance of 10 dollars to spend in the Java cafe.

I would like to point out how accommodating and helpful the staff were throughout. In particular the concierge. I had booked 2 day excursion to Death Valley & the Grand Canyon on which we had to confirm the trips and pickups on arrival in Vegas. We were unable to dial out from the room, so we asked the concierge, and he sat with us at the main desk for a good 20 minutes giving up the desk phone so we could sort the trips out. Which was extremely kind of him.

Location-wise, the hotel is central on the strip and within easy reach of the key hotels with tourist attractions. Caesar's has it's own shopping mall (Forum shops), which would suit every budget.

Cleopatra's barge is a good music venue.

To sum up, I would certainly return to this hotel on a future trip to Las Vegas

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank candice g
Oslo, Norway

Positive:
Close to forum shops (big and excellent shopping mall)
Roomservice and housekeeping staff are really polite and friendly
Nice big pool area
Large rooms, and fast elevators.

Negative:
The room that we had in the roman tower was really in need of a facelift.
Old carpets in the room. (Pocets of air where the carpet should have been stuck to the wall)
The bathtub was in need of renovating.
Old and a bit small tv in the room.
Not too clean in the corners of the room, most likely cus it was rather old.
Too long of a cue in the food court aka breakfast area in the mornings when only one of the court food facileties where open. The others open at 10 or 11 in the morning. Can be tricky to get a quick bite so be prepared to get roomservice breakfast or buy it somewhere like the little coffestand/shop near the entrance, they have something to eat and drink.
It can be hard to get a sunbed if u go to the pool, most of them are taken. To be honest I wouldent mind to buy a bigger and better sunbed at all. Too bad that there wasnt any information in how to do so. These sunbeds are located near the edge of the pool.
When I had traveled for over 24 hrs I had to stand in line for atleast 30 minutes to check in. I feel this is not a good way to start my holiday. Get more staff to help with check in!!!!!
When I checked in the man behind the counter just grabbed my passport and didnt let me finish when I was trying to explain that there was a room key waiting for me. I found this to be slightly rude.
U have to be prepared to hear other ppl through the wall, if someone is having a party or are being loud, put on the A/C.
All and all I had a good time at this hotel, but it can, and should be a lot better.

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kiminor
Petaluma, California
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Hotel was very clean and rooms very spacious and comfortable. Bathroom was huge and clean with great quality products provided. Check-in and Check-out was a bit hectic as they don't use signs to tell you where to go. Overall a great trip

Room Tip: Check out Hotel Tonight app on your smart phone for great deals on rooms at hotels. We got this roo...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple