“Great Stay”

Caesars Palace
Ranked #35 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I had to stay overnight for business at Caesars and it was great. Still one of the classier Vegas hotels that retains a little of that "old Vegas" charm. Love eating at the Palm. Did not get a chance to try the Nobu but it was busy. The beds are really comfortable and the staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the newer towers. The Forum tower is still good but a little dated.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Mikepoly
There are newer reviews for Caesars Palace

Reviewed 20 March 2013

This was our second trip to Vegas, two years ago we spent a week staying at the Bellagio. In comparison Caesars Palace accommodation was three star while the Bellagio was five star. We stayed in the Roman Tower which is clearly ready for refurbishment. The beds,pillows and sheets were tired and below standard. The carpet needed a good clean. The tv had a poor quality picture. Wi-Fi was not free unlike other establishments, we would not of minded paying a nominal charge but 15 dollars a day for room only access is excessive. Overall taking into account the poor standard of room and expensive, average quality of their eating places we were disappointed and wouldn't return.

Room Tip: Stay at the Ballagio
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank happytravellers2010
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Very central location and opulent rooms that provided luxury and comfort at a very reasonable price. Service was second to none with all needs met instantly when requested. Room was clean and spacious. We upgraded to a deluxe.

Room Tip: We stayed on level 46 high and quiet
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scubagirl771
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I've been to Vegas 40-50 times over the years but this was one of the few times I was alone and got to really enjoy more of what a hotel offered in terms of a relaxing stay without gambling.

I'll start off by saying that you need to avoid the Forum Tower. It has not been renovated and is in bad condition. The furniture is old and very used, the carpet is the same. I bought the room from a hotel website and it was not as described. I went to the front desk and they corrected this by giving me a free upgrade to a suite in the Forum Tower. For Caesar's you should check the name of your tower and then see what the rooms are like for that tower.

The service was warm and friendly at all levels. Nice check in staff, restaurant hosts, bell captains, valet attendants, pool servers, everything from the top on down. They were all chatty and smiled and seemed to want you to have a good time.

I ate at the Bacchanal Buffet once for dinner and once for breakfast and it was the biggest buffet I've ever seen. There were a couple of stations I didn't even have the chance to sample because I was just too full. My recommendation is that you fill your plate and only eat half of it and go back and try something else. Some people complain about the price but after dinner at 9:30 PM I didn't eat until 4 PM the next day so it ended up being a good deal for me. I also ate at Beijing Noodle No. 9 which was excellent. And finally, I ordered room service at about 1 AM which was fast, fresh, and very good.

The pool area at Caesar's is something to behold. I spent about 5 hours there and loved it. The architecture is just amazing and gives the place an amazing feel to it. The drink servers were friendly and came fast. One thing I didn't like was that fact that they put new hotel towers up on either side which blocks a lot of the sun. Only about 50% of the pool area got direct sun and most people huddled there. Once you find a good area you sit back and enjoy. TIP: The pool closes at 5 but they don't lock the doors. You can go out and get some beautiful night pictures. They have ropes at the front doors but you can slip around them. There were security guards there but they only made sure people didn't go inside the inner ropes right next to the water. So it might look closed and sealed from the hallway in the casino but don't let that stop you.

After spending so much time in Vegas I have my own pet peeves and Caesars did a good job countering them. First of all, the tower elevators are right on the main casino floor. With a lot of casinos you have to walk long distances to get to your elevator, so long that you just skip the idea of running back up to the room. The Forum Tower elevators are seconds away from the sports book area. Secondly, if you are a guest in the casino, the valet parking is excellent. I've had problems with long waits at other casinos but Caesars gives you a dedicated card and then radios an attendant who is already in the parking garage. I used the valet 5 times and didn't wait more than 5 minutes each time.

Finally, I'm not a "high stakes" gambler and I was a bit worried that the limits in the casino would be too high for me but they had plenty of lower limit tables. I went on a Sunday/Monday so that helps; there were $10 craps tables, $15 blackjack tables, and $25 pai-gow tables. Obviously bigger gamblers will find the higher limits but if you just want to have a little fun for a couple of hundred bucks you have options there.

Overall, if you're interested in spending a lot of time at the hotel and trying a few different things you'll enjoy Caesar's. Great food, great service, great amenities, and an amazing pool.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Eric L
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I stayed at Caesars Palace March 14-19th, first time at Caesars so I was looking forward to my vacation. The person who checked me in was very nice, told me all about the hotel, was friendly & made me feel welcomed. I stayed in the palace tower deluxe, pretty nice room, pretty comfortable. It was in the middle of the strip, so I did not have to walk far to find things to do. Caesars has something to it, that not many hotels can compete with. I would recommoned this place to anyone. I was disappointed with one lady working the black jack, she was not friendly, did not take my total rewards card for the 100 bucks I lost betting like she was supposed too. I remember her name but do not want to put her on here, if manangement wants to know I will share it. Besides that great stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

this review is for augustus tower. stayed here for 3 nights -

hotel overall - I didn't like the casino area, too dark and ceiling is too low - try walking into Caesars then go to Venetian, you will see what I mean.

room - huge room, i like the bathroom a lot (with both jacuzzi tub and shower area, two sinks). however, I didn't want to use the jacuzzi tub as I saw a long blonde hair inside the tub - given that I have dark hair it has to be someone else's). the bed and bedding, especially the pillows and comforter, are not as comfortable as the ones at nobu hotel, or starwood hotels. overall the room seemed clean, services was prompt. I am not sure if it's the lighting or the choice of furniture or something else, the room itself seems a little dated to me. Got a room on the higher floors (didn't do any sandwich tricks) and the view was pretty cool.

ordered room service for breakfast, nothing special about it. but i like how it delivers right at the time i requested (7.25am).

i'll stick with Westin for my next business trip. For leisure travel, I will try octavius tower next time.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Poor service. Partner logged in license and credit card when checking in, but was challenged when charging restaurant charge to room. Does this happen to married couples? Promised $50 credit by hotel night manager; never credited. Ice machine on 12th floor inoperable. While gaming machines operate 24/7/365, no breakdown of charges available for 48+ hours post checkout. No follow-up by front desk. I was missing a night’s charges and guest services argued with me about my arrival date which was one day more in their favor. Room snacks are weight sensitive and you are charged a fee if you lift to read for more than 20 sec. Had to insist ripoff charge be removed from bill. Waited almost an hour for baggage assistance and car delivery due to hotel operating skeleton crew until 8 AM. More visits scheduled for Vegas this year but not staying at Caesars or any hotel under same ownership.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business