“Very Average” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Reno
“Very Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

My first stay at Ceasars and I was underwhelmed. Check in was painfully slow and unorganized compared to other properties. The room was minimal but comfortable. The bed was very comfortable and the shower excellent even though it took a LONG time for the water to warm up. No tub. There was a raging party all night in the room next door but the walls were thick enough to filter out most of the noise. I'll be in no rush to return when there are so many other good choices on the strip.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank RenoBret
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Caesars Palace, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
RenoBret, thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with a long wait at check-in. Occasionally there are times when a line can accumulate, we diligently try to staff our Front Desk around peak arrival times and get everyone checked in as soon as possible. We are truly sorry to hear that you had to wait an extended amount of time. It is never our intent to frustrate any of our customers.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,539)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Love the hotel and casino, the rooms were great, but the service by the manager at the front desk was so terribly unprofessional that I will never stay here again. I had originally had a room booked for free through their Total Rewards program but a comped room at Caesars was offered to me shortly before my trip so I went through the online booking process to see what the difference in resort fees and taxes would be to see if it would be worth it to change my reservations. After going through the online booking process it said the total trip cost INCLUDING the resort fee would be $0.00. The same process with Paris had told me $22 or $24 something including resort fee at taxes so I changed my reservations to Caesars to save money while staying at one of the nicest hotels on the Strip. However when I got there they charged me $28 for resort fees. When I showed the email that implied there would be no resort fees the woman working the counter was very supportive and tried to argue with the manager that I shouldn't have to pay to no avail. Then when I spoke to the manager not only was he one of the most smug individuals I have ever encountered but he also refused to answer me when I asked why one hotel under the same management would include the resort fees in the total cost when booking online but the reservation from Caesars said a total cost of zero if they would be charging one anyway. I understand the hotels charge resort fees but if the other hotels under your management include it in the trip cost then yours should too. Don't just tell me it says "estimated cost" so you can charge whatever you want. Obviously either there was an error in their system when I booked which they should have honored because it wasn't our mistake, or they are purposely misleading guests. Either way it is extremely unprofessional and they should be ashamed of themselves and then to have smug, unhelpful attitudes on top of that, save the headache and stay at one of the equally nice, more professional hotels on the strip.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank JBaltutat
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed at Caesars Palace for a conference and had a wonderful stay. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were relaxing and comfortable. Nice large bathroom and shower along with in mirror TV was very nice. You will not be disappointed in choosing this as a place to stay and gamble.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for a great view of the strip.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Lewiston, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I love staying at Caesar's. The location is excellent. It's midway on the Strip and makes it easy to walk either direction to explore. The restaurants are all good and we had excellent service. The rooms are all comfortable and very quiet. We have stayed in two different towers and they were both great. It can be a little pricey but it's worth it!

Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Stayed here for two nights - the location is excellent, rooms are average, lobby and the casino is grand, checkout is smooth, food kinda okayish, fun factor is 9 on 10. Excellent choice for people watching too.

You can spend hours and hours just wandering within the place and do not need to go out for anything really.

Do checkout the discount coupon booklet that they have in the room - it has some seriously good deals:)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

We are lucky enough to have had 4 holidays this year, all luxury and not having gone to Las Vegas before I wasn't looking forward to this holiday at all but it was my son's choice as it was his 21st Birthday. All I can say is we stayed there for 10 nights and I didn't want to come home. We were all very sad and even after 10 nights we still hadn't seen all of the hotel. It is enormous. Taking pictures of it yourself doesn't do it justice to the sheer size and luxury finish.

We stayed in Octavius tower and I am a terrible sleeper normally, but slept like a log every night on the best bed I have ever slept in even though we faced out onto the strip and pretty low down. It goes from floor 50 (which was odd as that was near the ground) and we were on 52. So a good tip is to ask for a higher floor on checking in though this didn't bother us. I also asked for a fridge in the room to store my own things and this is normally $20 dollars a day. I said this was too expensive for two rooms for 10 nights and got them both for free. Mini bar was very pricey.

Went to a lot of the hotels during the stay and very pleased with our choice. Everyone in hotel very friendly and we found in Las Vegas itself.

Even though there was Starbucks downstairs they did complimentary coffee each morning at Reception. Not a problem for us to go down each day but I would imagine if you were higher up it would be a bit of a pain. Each floor has Ice Machines which were very useful.

Hotel fitted out to the highest standard. Probably the best hotel we have ever stayed in. All age groups (over 21) were out and about so I would recommend this holiday to even the older generation. Did see a few children when there but to be honest I am not sure where they would be allowed to go as everywhere is 21 and over and ID asked for.

Plenty of shopping malls and came home with lots of bargain clothes so make sure you leave some space in your suitcase

Room Tip: Higher up as less noise from road and Octaviou tower and was told by Receptionist these had the best...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

We are leaving this hotel after 1 day only. We paid for the deluxe room and listened to construction noises all night. How would you like the sound of hammer all the way through the night? At 6 am I woke up because I heard somebody drilling the wall.
Secondly, Free Wifi access is for 1 device only. Even stores and coffee shops are giving free internet. If you want the second device connected, you will have to add 15 $ per 24 hour access. Which I consider unreasonable.
Thirdly, you even have to pay for the bottled water in the room. The price of the small bottle is 6 $.
Forth, the Tv works with a very bad quality. With all those white lines and noise. Watch out for paid channels!!!
Fifth, in order to find your room you will have to do lots of walking. I mean 20-30 minutes, the place is huge.
My general advice - bring bags of money to stay here, and be ready to listen to construction noises during night time. I am sorry, but this is very poor for such a great looking hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Zhenia V
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Caesars Palace, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Zhenia V, Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear of your poor experience. We are constantly working to ensure each guest has a memorable experience and your feedback will help us with this process. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!