“Extremely disappointing experience”

GreenLeadersGold level
Falls Church, Virginia
“Extremely disappointing experience”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed at the Caesar’s Palace last weekend for a bachelorette party celebration for one my best friends. I decided to splurge since I wanted this to be a wonderful experience for my friend. But boy was I wrong! First of all, we checked in late on Saturday night since our flight was delayed. Once we checked in I was told that they didn’t have any double bed rooms left as I had requested. So they offered to bring in a roll in bed. I was very bummed by this, but I refused to let this ruin our weekend and offered my friend the king size bed and I would sleep on the roll in bed. Saturday night we met up a few friends for dinner, went to a show and around 12:30 we brought some of our girlfriends to our room for bachelorette games and drinks. But to our surprise the door could not be open. I went downstairs to the front desk to see if they could give me new cards to open our door which they did, but still the door could not be opened. Finally, the front desk sent a security guard upstairs who was supposed to have a master key to open the door and even he couldn’t open it either. I was beyond embarrassed with the bride and my other girlfriends as we couldn’t do any of the activities we had planned for so long. Since by the time the locksmith came to open the door it was already past 2:30 am.

But that was not it…as a way to compensate my embarrassment the nice lady at the front desk offered me a $100 boucher that could be used at selected eateries/bars in the property. When we attempted to use it Monday for lunch at one of the bars the bartender said he couldn’t find it in the system.

Needless to say…this will be my first and last stay at this place. The rooms are small, towels are cheap, rooms smell like cigarettes, the bathrooms look dirty and old and the customer services is horrible

6 Thank Lorena R
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Caesars Palace, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Thank you for your comments Lorena R. We are sorry to hear of your poor experience on your last visit. We will be sure to share your comments with our management. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to send us an email at http://czr.bz/148UP5y. We do hope you will stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6,063)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 29 January 2014

It is a beautiful hotel. Made to impress. Almost like a tiny city. Most beautiful Pool(s) I've ever seen. Giant. Which makes this place not so practical to stay in. The Main lobby is not where the cabs arrive. That place is to one side. There is another tiny lobby on the side you can check in, then walk a mile to your room. Life at this place is all about walking because everything is so far apart from each other. The decoration is grand but choppy. Like they added sections one at a time which actually, I think they did. Service is very good and there are a ton of things to see so make sure you visit this place but if you stay here note:The older room do not have a coffeemaker and the newer rooms (which we stayed in) have a Keirig but they charge $4 each little cup so bring your own.

Room Tip: As for a room that has been remodeled
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Sellnhomes
Sacramento, California, USA
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Three of us stayed at Caesars Palace on a business trip. Upon checking in they upgraded us from a Forum 400sq ft room to a 1500sq ft Palace suite, free of charge. The suite had 3 bathrooms so we each had our own.. it had a livingroom, diningroom, full wet bar, dual shower, and a jetted tub. We felt like Royalty. This is the 3rd time staying with them and each time i've gotten a free upgrade in rooms but this one took the prize. We love Caesars.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank LISA L
Mansfield
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This place is to what David Copperfield is to the Vegas show scene, living on past glories, tired and bored. It has a real 80s vibe, desperate for a refurb and injection of life.

This is one of those places I visited because of its fame. The staff have so many rules and "not my job moments" it's incredible, there's no flow, and they obviously don't enjoy working there. Everything feels a chore from a customers side and there's.

We paid $750 a room for a suite, it was pretty tired, basic, lots of things not in order, and no service of remark.

What's good? It's location, it's centre strip. It's iconic so worth a visit, but just walk around.

Go to the Mandarin, Wynn, Bellagio if you want the best, true to its name, Caesars is no longer the ruler of an empire, heck it's not even a top end gladiator.

4 Thank Godsownworld
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 28 January 2014

While I have been to Las Vegas several times, this was my first stay at Caesars Palace. I am officially spoiled!!!! Between the bed that felt like I was sleeping on a cloud, to the beautifully designed bathroom with its spa whirlpool tub... I could have easily remained in the room the entire stay and be quite happy! The room rates are in the mid to high range (Thurs.-weekend) but is well worth the cost. For those of us who are not gamblers, you can spend a day of shopping or "eye-buying" at the Forum Shops (mall) located in the hotel. The majority of the stores are designer shops but there is a little something for everyone. The mall is beautifully designed with blue skies, Greek statues and an amazing aquarium full of exotic sea life including sharks and stingrays!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mrttravels
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 January 2014

If you want an exciting time go Ceasars!! They never disappoint me. You will find something to do for all the family. The selection of slots and table games are numerous as well as the selection of restaurants and shops.

Room Tip: I like Augustus Towers. Try it!!!
Green Features: The hotel operates on environmwntally friendly practices. The rooms are spic and span.
1 Thank william d n
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 January 2014

From when we first entered our room at Caesars Palace, we were disappointed.

The room was booked and paid for was a Deluxe King suite, what we got was a twin share room. We complained to the front desk and even showed them the booking confirmation but there were no other King rooms available.

The rooms were not cleaned properly; there was food under the beds from previous occupants. Disgusting!

Another thing we were not advised about was that you are not able to take drinks out of the bar fridge and put your own in. There was no signage advising the bar fridge had censers and that we were being changed between $10-30 every time we replaced the drinks we had taken out. The lady at the front desk was extremely rude when we advised we were not aware of this, there was no signage and that we would not be paying for it as we never actually drank any of the drinks from the fridge.

I would not recommend staying here ever again, nor would I ever recommend staying here to anyone. Pathetic.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Sammeh_Jane
TotalServiceTeam, Manager at Caesars Palace, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Sammeh_Jane, thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear of your poor experience. We have forwarded your comments to Management for their benefit. We are constantly working to ensure each guest has a memorable experience and your feedback will help us with this process. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.