“Vegas for March Madness”
Review of Caesars Palace

Caesars Palace
Ranked #29 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

The overall experience was good but not for the price. I was mostly upset that I paid for an upgraded room and the tv in the bathroom did not work during March Madness week. REALLY??? I called all 4 days we were there and they never fixed it.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Okietraveler24
TotalService, Specialist Eleanor at Caesars Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your visit. We truly appreciate your feedback and the opportunity for us to improve our guest experience. We apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to send us an email at Totalrewards@custhelp.com. Please be sure to include your TripAdvisor posting, along with the name of the property and your first and last name. We do hope you will stay with us again.

Write a ReviewReviews (30,291)

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was there for a week with my hubby and two kids, ages 11 and 6. We were there for hubby's work conference. I will say the hotel is big and fancy. I love the valet parking; that was a blessing to not have to find parking. The room was nice. It faced the pool, which closes around 7, too early if you ask me. I forgot the building we stayed in but it was loud at nighttime. There is a nightclub apparently on the room and they played music all night long. Geez!!

Pool time was a nightmare. You have to strategically plan in order to get a lounge chair somewhere near the pool, especially if you have little kiddos who need pool supervising. The behavior or the patrons in the pool was very appalling. I'm a pretty open-minded person. However, if you have kids in the pool too, then grown people, we don't need you to show your hind parts, etc. I had to explain a lot during that week, to my little kiddos. It was sickening.

Get ready to pay an arm and a leg for anything inside the hotel. My hubby had a textbook delivered overnight, and they charged $10 just to receive the package from the postal carrier and send it to our room. We ate at the huge buffet inside the hotel, and for two adults and two children, it was $200.00. It was anything you could ever want to eat, but seriously, my kids don't eat that much. We enjoyed the buffet in the Rio hotel a lot better and it was about $30 cheaper, but it was wayyyy better to me and my family. It had lots of seafood, and we are beach people.

Okay, back to the palace. The casino downstairs is super smokey. If you aren't a smoker, then you will need to hold your breath when walking through; there's just no way around it. I hated having to take my kids through the casino area to get outside the building.

Our room was clean, and the cleaning service ladies were phenomenal. They work so hard, and I appreciated them so much! Do not touch anything in the food/snack area in your room because you will be charged if you pick up something, even if you put it right back down. Be careful with that.

Our t.v. hardly worked. The decor was a bit outdated; it looks like it does in the money Hangover Part I. I would not recommend this place for kids.

Do not try to stay here on a budget because you will starve!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thanks for your review. We apologize for your disappointment in Las Vegas not being child-friendly. We hope you have an opportunity to visit again soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

It was a good experience and we enjoyed our stay. Perfect location on the strip because it's located in the middle.

The variety of the slot machines is small compared to other casinos and it took me 3 hours until my room was ready.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment

Thanks for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay despite the wait for your room. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This was our 2nd stay at Caesars and it was great. We booked the roman tower room for $81 per night with a $35 food and beverage credit. When we checked in the gentleman asked if I was interested in an upgrade to a suite for $200 more per night and after listening to my options, I declined and kept the same reservation. When he handed me my room keys and gave me directions to the elevator, I noticed that I wasn't headed to the Roman Tower. He put my wife and I into the Octavius Tower in a luxury room for no extra cost. It was an amazing room and by far the best we've stayed in in Vegas. The great thing about this is the fact that they upgraded us because they plenty of availability and not because I tried to slip him some money. I will definitely be staying there again.

Room Tip: Roman Tower is fine but if you can upgrade to Octavius I would. If your traveling through the week c...
1  Thank Jesse A

Thanks for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your room upgrade and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

You'd have to look hard to find things to complain about after staying here (and I was worried, having read a few negative reviews ahead of time). We stayed in the Palace Tower, highly recommended if you're a sun worshipper who wants to be close to the pool compound entrance, or if you prefer being able to access your room with limited exposure to the casino floor. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable, housekeeping was prompt, polite and thorough. There are plenty of options for dining based on your budget and mood, and we found (with one exception) the service throughout the hotel to be friendly and helpful. Try Bejing Noodle No. 9 for a lovely, ambient setting, fast service and good food. Beware of the evil slurpy machine at the bar outside - near the Spanish Steps, the drinks are very good but will kick your butt with a lot of booze masked by (tasty!) syrup-y goodness. We experienced a pretentiousness I did not appreciate from the Homestead Steakhouse, of the kind where you show up to an empty restaurant and you're asked (by a snotty male manager), "do you have a reservation?" Also, our waiter did not listen well, and spent his time giving us advice we didn't ask for or want, then got three things (big things) wrong with our order. I found the Nobu side of the property oddly uptight/not welcoming. I'd avoid it. Also, I wished the pool compound had a way of picking one set of music/or a vibe or sound and sticking to it. Could never hear just one song, always at least two, one booming over the other. No biggie, I still loved the pools, and had no trouble finding an open lounge chair. The other thing I wish is that the hotel's smoke filter worked a bit better. The smoke was not terrible, but I noticed two other properties with casino floor air that smelled better. Still, we had a great time and plan to return. Give it a try!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your review. We are glad you had a great time with us despite your experience at Old Homestead. We will be sharing your comments with the Food & Beverage Management for improvement. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Thanks so much. Had a great time with my husband and his cousin and wife. Will be planning a trip again later in the year and possibly next March for a family vacation. We always enjoy Caesars very much. Hopefully the slots will be a little looser next go around.

Room Tip: Beautiful room.
Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment

Thanks for the review. We are delighted that you had a great time with us and we look forward to your next visit as well as your visit in March!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Great Hotel! Definitely no complaints and would go back again! If you can't find your gaming experience here then you are not looking. Employees for the most part are very friendly as well! The Shania Twain show is a must see! Could do without that Dion though

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment

Thanks for your review. We are delighted that you enjoy your visits with us and our friendly staff! We are also happy that you got to experience the Shania Twain show! We hope to see you again soon.