“First Time In Vegas... Caesars Did NOT Disappoint”
Review of Caesars Palace

Caesars Palace
Ranked #38 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“First Time In Vegas... Caesars Did NOT Disappoint”
Reviewed 27 August 2009

My husband and I visited Vegas for the first time August 19-21. My sister and brother-in-law joined us and we all had a great stay at Caesars. Many thanks to the reviews suggesting you inquire about the "complimentary upgrades" upon check-in. We reserved and paid for a Classic room and took our chances that we'd be upgraded. I folded up a $20 bill and held it in from of my id while checking in and asked if there were any complimentary upgrades available. I saw the lady glance at it and she said "Let me check." She was able to find us a suite in the Palace Tower and told me I really didn't have to tip her when I handed her the $20 (of course I did anyway.) She was very nice and professional about it. My brother-in-law planned on doing the same thing when he checked in, but forgot to use the word "complimentary." Instead, he was offered an upgrade to a 4000 sq. ft. suite (compared to our 2000 sq. ft. suite) in the new Augustus Tower. I think he paid around $160 total, which included 2 nights. They told him it was normally $200+ per night to upgrade, so it sounds like he got a good deal too.

We reserved a smoking room and were very pleased with everything. The room was clean, very nicely decorated (see attached pics, I love blue & brown) and stocked with plenty of towels, etc. I did notice the next morning when I woke up that the room smelled like an ashtray, which was weird because it hadn't before. Then after the maid cleaned that day the smell was gone, so they must have a very powerful deoderizer.

We were in the Palace Tower, Room 1742 and had a view of the pools, which open at 8:00. We went out right after 8:00 and had no problems with chairs. We only stayed 1 hour so I don't know exactly when it got crowded, but when I looked down around 3:00 or 4:00 I only saw 1 or 2 open chairs and they were not together.

We ate breakfast at the buffet and it was great. Some people say there's not a large selection, but I'm not sure what you could want for breakfast that they didn't have... eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits & gravy, muffins & other pastries, french toast, pancakes, cheese, fruit, etc. It was $18.95 if I remember correctly (definitely under $20) and worth it. We booked through Expedia and received a $50 food & beverage credit that could be used at any Caesars restaurant or bar, so our breakfast was "free." We tried the buffet at Terrible's for lunch and it was good enough. Pretty decent for what it costs - I think only $7 pp. We ate dinner at Joe's Seafood Prime Steak & Stone Crab in the Forum Shops mall and it was really good. Prices you can expect for a nicer Vegas restauraunt (anywhere from $30-$50 per plate plus extra for sides, salads, everything.)

All in all, we had a great time in Vegas. Next time I'll want to stay at least one more night. We arrived late Wednesday and had to leave early Friday so we really only had 1 full day. The staff at Caesars were all very friendly and helpful in our experience. I would definitely stay here again if the price were right, but there are other places on the strip I'd want to try out too (Bellagio for one.) Make sure to catch at least one Bellagio fountain show. I think they run every fifteen minutes at night and they're really neat.

P.S. I can't speak much for the gambling at Caesars b/c I only played the slots there, and did no good. We (all of us) had good luck on the Blackjack tables at O'Sheas though.

9 Thank CancunNewlyweds2008

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6,063)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Memphis
Reviewed 27 August 2009

This was our second trip to Ceasars Palace. As with the first trip, we were offered an upgrade and the room was great. All of the staff was friendly and willing to help in any way to make our stay pleasant. Even with pool construction, it was a great experience. Cannot wait to go back and see the finished product. Great location and wonderful hotel.

1 Thank Slayden
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 27 August 2009

Stayed two nights in August. Dif the 20 dollar trick and got a beautiful room in the Augustus tower! Had a lovely time!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 26 August 2009

This is strictly a review of the Rain Man Suite at Caesars, where I recently stayed for a bachelor party. This suite was based on the fictional one in the movie "Rain Man". Per the Las Vegas Sun, the suite in "The Hangover" was also partly based on this room. It's on the 69th floor (top floor) of the Forum Tower. The suite is bi-level, and has up to 4 bedrooms (if you use the connecting neighboring rooms). We used one of the connecting rooms, so we had 3 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms.

The living room is huge. It has a circular sofa on both sides, and a 52" HDTV in the middle of the room that revolves 360 degrees. There is a great 2-story view of the Strip. There are speakers built into the ceilings and walls on both floors, and you can attach your IPod and blast your music through-out the entire suite. The TV also has access to both DirecTV and Dish Network, and there's also a Blu-Ray player in the room.

There is a fancy remote that controls all the lighting (different moods), and the curtains. The suite also has a dining table and kitchen area. The bedrooms on the top level are huge, and have luxurious bathrooms. There are even TVs built into the bathroom mirrors. Because you need to be able to watch SportsCenter while you are shaving.

The Suite is just awesome. We got numerous comments from other riders when we hit the 69 button on the elevator. One girl even jokingly accused me of trying to impress her by hitting that button. A few other people asked us for tours. The list rate on the room is $6,400 a night but you can easily get it for much cheaper if you gamble a lot. This room is ideal for a bachelor party, as you can easily fit up to 20 people in the Suite.

11 Thank MGoBlue99
ontario canada
Reviewed 25 August 2009

If you like hanging by the pool, shopping at pricey shops, and great enterainment. Caesars is for you. The food is good, but expensive...$3.50 for a black tea. $15 for breakfast, even at their food court. I would stay there again but look else where to find food. SPA was amazing!!!!!!

1 Thank ColdCanuckTraveler
Toronto, ON
Reviewed 20 August 2009

I stayed at CP with 3 of my girl friends, aged 24-25 from July 2 – July 5, 2009. We booked w/ Sunwing Vacations and paid $650 CAD each.

We booked the Classic Room (which is the older tower, and had heard pretty terrible reviews of it, mainly that it was rundown and such) so we were pretty worried. We arrived at the hotel at 10am and left our bags w/ the bell desk. We returned at 1pm to check-in and were offered a free upgrade by the front desk. We got upgraded to a Palace Tower room – which is the tower closest to the pool entrance.
We heard from people we met that they were not offered a free upgrade, in some cases even after offering a tip to the front desk. Seems to be hit or miss w/ the front desk, or perhaps it depends on your attitude when you get up there!

The room was spacious, beds comfy, flat screen tv. Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom, double sinks, separate shower. There was a separate vanity area outside the bathroom as well. Bathrobes are provided in the closet, and extra towels and bathrobes were brought up promptly both times that we called for them during our stay.

Maid service was so-so. It appeared that our bathroom floor was not mopped daily. We were not picky about this. The beds were made up nicely and the towels refreshed daily.

The complex itself is pretty massive. The walk from the room to the strip was about 10 minutes.

In terms of restaurants, we ate at Noodle 9 – it was fairly priced but the food not the greatest. I wouldn’t recommend it. There is a food court between the casino and the Forum Shops – you could get good food for reasonable prices, and not have to go to a sit down restaurant. Highly recommend the burger place as the food is fresh and delicious!

The pool at CP is very nice – you need to get out there before 11am in order to get lounge chairs for your group. And even so, this took some effort in moving lounge chairs around so that we could all sit together. By afternoon guests spread out on the deck wherever they can find space! The pool is great b/c it gets sun ALL day, vs other hotels where the sun might be blocked by the hotel during certain times.

I probably wouldn’t stay here again, only because there are so many other great hotels along the strip that you could probably get for a similar price – it’s always good to try something new!

4 Thank julz_000
Florida
Reviewed 20 August 2009

As with all stays there are Pros and Cons! Be prepared for LONG, LONG check-in lines. There is not enough staff nor self check-in options so you stand in a Disney type loop line for 20-30 mins just to check in.

Our last trip was a year ago plus a few months to see Elton John. This time we came to see Bette. We stayed in the Augustus Tower last time and this time they wanted to upgrade us to a one bedroom suite in the Forum Tower. The Forum Tower has been complete redone and is very nice. However, if you are going to use the spa you have to walk through the casino for quite some time to reach it. It is in the Augustus Tower. The last thing you want after a great massage is a 20 min walk through a smokey casino.

So book accordingly. Our room had last been inhabited by a bachlorette party and their balloons were still up in the room We found more behind the couch. Strange.Otherwise the room was large, clean and well kept during our stay.

Caesars is convenient to the Flamingo, Harrahs, Imperial across the street as well as Ballys, Mirage, Treasure Island and the Bellagio. Nice little walkways and escalators whisk you to these other hotels. We like to eat and gamble at different places so we liked being able to go in a different direction and find new casinos. A number of these casinos are part of the Harrah's network so if you are a Total Rewards customer you get points at all of them.

Let talk food: breakfast buffet was cold. Servers were very nice tho. The slice next door is expensive but great for a food court. We had hamburgers one day and pizza another and both were good. The Java Cafe is good for a quick breakfast, but again pricey. Better to go out to Serendipity which had several specials running while we were there including buy one margarita get the second one free. Serendipity is right out the front on the second level outside.

The show was great Bette Midler stuff but I was disappointed in the audience. I had seen Bette 33 years ago at Caesars and that audience rocked. We were on the front row and we had four people next to us in shorts who kinda scowled during the whole show. Bette's busting her butt up there. Anyway, she was great and we went backstage afterward which was great fun. Rita Rudner was backstage waiting on Bette. I didn't recognize her as I am not a big comic fan, but my friend did.

The gambling is good. Very professional dealers or you can go mechanical! There were booths where you could play 21 with an automated/televised dealer. That was fun. And there is a Rapid Roulette which gets rid of all the shoving at the tables. You have your own roulette table TV screen and about 40 seconds to place a min bet. That was fun too.

The slots were tight BUT find the old machines and these pay out better. EVERYONE was playing penny slots. I don't get that. The casino was very very smokey and cocktail waitresses were overworked. They need to put on about 3 more in the evenings.

The internet was expensive: $14.99 per day. With as much money as they are raking in downstairs you would think it would be free.

Even though this trip was great, I would probably stay somewhere else next time. I am intrigued by the whole Fremont St. experience and the efforts hotels like the Golden Nugget are making to attract customers. So, might try that next time.

If you want a great old time Vegas hotel with great amenities, this is the place.

5 Thank oilmaven51