All reviewsmain street stationmarket street cafefremont streetoxtail soupaloha specialtiesboyd gaminghawaiian foodportuguese sausagenoodle housefremont experienceboyd propertiesdowntown vegaswest towermob museumstay downtownprime ribsister property
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We come here quite often when we visit Las Vegas at least once a month from California. It is in the older downtown area including the Fremont Experience, which has added a lot of new restaurants, live music, shops and more. We love the restaurant at the California, offering Hawaiian specialties, breakfast all day, food is overall very good. My wife and I both like the local and Hawaiian guests and atmosphere at the California, and I love playing craps and blackjack, very reasonable and not so hype as the strip hotels, including lower minimums. Check this place out next time you are in Las Vegas.

Room Tip: highest floor rooms are always better and ask for 2 beds
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank roydio1948
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

OK so how can you NOT come back here when they offer you four free nights? Then, they provide you with food coupons to cover all three meals per day for all four days? Then, to top it off, you have some FREE slot machine money to play with! This is a no-brainer folks. They send us these offers in the slow mail and on line to my email account. So convenient; so easy to book your rooms on line. Maybe, some day, they'll send me tickets for my airfare too! Oh, wait. They already send me $200 vouchers for air/room packages through VH! The king bed was so comfortable we overslept and nearly missed breakfast with the family! Staff is always friendly (front desk, bell hop, maintenance personnel, and maids)

Stayed: July 2014
9  Thank Elnakaz1
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Arrived on July 4th one day earlier than our booked stay on the strip. Decided to stay downtown and were limited to availability. Decided on California and what a great deal we received. Room was clean and beds were comfortable. Quiet Hotel and customer service was outstanding.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Gabjosh
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We absolutely love The California in Downtown Las Vegas. The California's Players club offers us great reward for our play. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Friendly place to stay and play! It is always our first choice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Anita L
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We are frequent visitors to Las Vegas and ALWAYS stay at the California. The entire staff operates with Aloha Spirit and makes much effort to remember frequent visitors. We are always welcomed back with smiles, and, quite often, by name. The Cal is known to treat Hawaiians with specialty, but, I always observe all staffers treat all customers with great care. I LOVE visiting the Cal!

Room Tip: Being handicapped, I always request a room close to the elevator and they always try their best to accommodate. If not available at check-in, they will move me as soon as a room is available.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo