We stayed at Candlewood Suites at other locations, and liked the hotel very much, but this experience with the Las Vegas location was the worst of all hotel experiences I had.
We checked in around 4pm. The check-in was fast, and the clerk was very nice. Went to the room, the room temperature was at 96 degrees, and the AC was not running. When we approached the AC, it started to run, and we checked the wallunit which sets the room temperature at 75 degrees. As we settled, and took a rest, the AC would stop, but when we move around, it would kick in again. That prompted us to think that there was a motion sensing device. The problem is it stops running when everything is quiet in the room, NOT when the room temperature reaches the set 75 degrees. Also, when it stops running, it makes annoying clicking noise. We reported the problem immediately, the front desk (Larry) promised to call the maintenance and get back to us. And that never occured unfortunately.
We went out, and came back around midnight to a steaming 96 degree room again. The AC kicked in immediately when we entered the room. When we went to sleep, the AC would stop running after 5 minutes of quietness and completely disregard the thermostat setting. I complained to the front desk, and the lady clerk appologized, and said the whole hotel is all booked, and there is no room to switched to. We wrestled with the AC for about 2 hours, and finally, my wife cannot stand it, and went downstairs and confronted the frontdesk lady. The clerk sent an elder security man to our room to check on the AC unit. The gentleman was baffled as we were about the AC unit. Upon my wife and the gentleman's return to the front desk, miraculously two rooms are available to us to move to. The clerk said it was cancellation, and that probably would not pass the dumbest lie-detector. Cancellation at 3am, and the two vacant rooms being across the hall and next door make it hard to believe it is a coincidence.
So at 3am, we moved to the room across the hall way. This room does not have a thermostat on the wall to set the temprature, and the AC was either on or off. The AC was rather noisy when it was on constantly, but at least we were able to go to sleep.
When the front desk lady told me there was nothing she could do, I took her words for it, and that was the part that hurt the most. I wanted to say that to her in the morning, but she was off duty when we checked out. She offered us 50% discount, but I rather had a better stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home Bedding Collection. Candlewood Suites is not your traditional hotel, and that is the best part! At the Candlewood Suites Las Vegas we put the amenities where they really count: in the rooms! That means a big suite with a full kitchen and plenty of space to stretch out! The entire hotel is 100% non smoking. Each suite has a full kitchen complete with microwave, full sized refrigerator and all your utensils and pans to cook with. You can work efficiently at your oversized executive desk using high speed Internet/wireless as well as two separate phone lines, check email and talk on the phone at the same time. Relax in the overstuffed recliner while you enjoy a video borrowed from the hotel in your DVD player. Work off some stress in our fitness center or visit our Candlewood Cupboard. In the Candlewood Cupboard you can purchase meals, snacks, and sundry items at value prices. The Candlewood Suites Las Vegas is conveniently located to all the exciting spots that Vegas has to offer. We are .5 Miles from the fabulous Las Vegas 'Strip', 1 mile west of UNLV, 1 mile north of McCarran International Airport and .5 Miles from the Las Vegas Convention Center. Pets allowed with a non refundable fee based on length of stay. $50 For the 1st night and $10 each additional night, not to exceed $150. One pet allowed per suite, must weigh less than 80 lbs. Pet agreement must be signed at check in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Candlewood Suites Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Candlewood Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Candlewood Suites