“Not bad” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #78 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Georgia
“Not bad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I usually stay at the Luxor, but this past visit- it was full due to a boxing match. I stayed here at Candlewood Suites as a last resort, but I would stay here again- especially if I am staying for a few days. They had a mini kitchen which I liked. I liked the layout of the room and the beds. The lobby has a store for forgotten items too. I didn't smell anything weird like another reviewer did and around the corner from Candlewood was a really good indian restaurant named Gandi and a PF Changs & other restaurants. I did walk the entire strip starting here and it was a good workout. I didn't want to do it coming back- so I took a cab from around Planet Hollywood and it was $20. So, I liked the hotel but for short visits would rather stay on the strip closer to the middle.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank duane52
GarryDickover, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the Candlewood Suites Las Vegas on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you will come back and stay with us again if you are on a longer visit. For us, our best compliment is when someone returns to our hotel. Our team works hard to create a Great Hotel Guests Love and your comments continue to help us improve.

Garry Dickover

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Peoria, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Not the best nor the worst. I liked everything except for the fantastic smell of.. cat pee?... I have a horrible sense of smell, too! I can only imagine how it would've smelled to someone else.
Everything else was completely wonderful! They do add on a city tax for the hotel room. I think it was $12 for mine.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
GarryDickover, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. Our team works hard to ensure a clean and comfortable hotel for our guests. We will review your comments and take the appropriate actions. Your comments are important to us in creating a Great Hotel Guests Love.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

The hotel Lobby and hallways are just adequate. The hotel guest rooms are very new and fresh! There is a stove, microwave, coffee maker and large fridge. I have stayed at this hotel over two weekends in April and both rooms look like the new rooms reflected on the website. The hotel is a few long blocks from the Strip (not really walkable.) The staff was friendly. They have a great Market for food for quick food items. The picture on the IHG website of the pool is NOT accurate. You could pay 6 times what I paid to stay in a room just as nice on the Strip over the weekend! Overall, exceptional value -- will stay again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank outpulsed
Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor about the great value and quality of our guest rooms. Our biggest compliment is when our guests come back and stay with us again and again. Your comments are important to our success as a hotel and a team.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights. Friday through Monday. for a birthday weekend At check-in i was not asked how was my drive there or what was i there for it was just very standard credit card and id and the sound of Tony the ' front desk supervisor' typing a few things on the computer. he didnt explain to me the amenities either . i felt like he wanted me to go to my room. when i asked for a luggage cart,. he responded rudely and said 'there over there' ...

there are alot of ways to get up to your room so u dont see too much of the front desk staff after check in but when i was purchasing some food from the cupboard that's on site i was standing at the front desk and Tony again was on the computer he did not even acknowledge me by saying ' ill be with u in just a moment or something. there's no way he did not see me standing there. .. when he finally did get off the phone i also asked him for a wine opener.. (which i did notice later that there was one in the room) he responded rudely 'its not up there?'

anyways...
the hotel is very clean the houskeeping staff do an amazing job and they actually very polite in the hallways as there working. it does have a kitchenette which i loved using ! ice machine was also great to have in the room. very spacious set up in the room . pool gym and laundry very convenient and also very clean

overall i enjoyed my stay .. i just really wished for better service by the front desk desk

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Purple_Rainbows
Thank you for sharing your comments about our hotel on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your comments about our hotel amenities. Our team works hard to ensure that we have the items you need when you need them. I also appreciate your comments on our service. I will certainly follow up on this. Comments by you and others help us create a Great Hotel Guests Love!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at Candlewood for 9 nights.

Everything from check-in to check out went very smoothly.
Also, I must commend the staff on the service and friendliness they provide. I work on the road and stay in hotels 75% of the year, and the staff at the front desk are the most accommodating I've experienced.

Quick positive notes about the property:

- clean, quiet and safe (even though surrounding neighbourhood is a little sketchy)
- kitchen so you can grocery shop and make you own meals
- wifi worked very well, which believe it or not, is not as common as you think, but very important feature
- laundry, gym and pool were nice
- multiple sets of elevators throughout, so you can park near your wing and enter through side or back

- *** Bonus points for 'crazy person watching'. As my room faced the back, where there is a garbage area and empty gravel lot, you could often see harmless homeless and undesirables sifting through the garbage for empty pop cans I'm assuming. I even witnessed a drunk crazy guy having a kicking and screaming match with himself one morning in the lot behind.

In all seriousness, this is a great stay, especially if you have a car.
I come to LV about 5-6 times a year, and will stay here from now on.
Great work Candlewood!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ValleyTravellr
Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. Our team works hard to deliver a clean and comfortable room with a smile everyday. I will share your comments with our team. Thank you for sharing the information on the people watching. Safety and Security is very important us and we will monitor this issue. Thanks for coming back and staying with us again and again. We appreciate your business.

3939 No. 26th St. Lincoln NE 68521
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

We always stay here when we go to Vegas, our favorite place. Very clean and the staff is the best. Rooms are very accommodating and comfortable. Feel very safe and Easy access to everywhere we want to go.

Room Tip: they are all wonderful rooms
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LaVonne B
GarryDickover, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor and THANK YOU for coming back and staying with us. When guests like you return to our hotel and stay again, it is our biggest compliment. It reinforces the positive work that our team does everyday to create a Great Hotel Guests Love.

Maryland USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Was greeted warmly by front desk staff. Went out of his way to explain the property. Was upgraded to one bedroom. No goody bag or bonus points offered for priority club members.
Has nice pantry. Multiple elevator locations. Quiet and located central to everything. Room was clean and up to date. Internet, HVAC and hot water worked well. Would stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank panther61
GarryDickover, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor! I will certainly share your kind words with the Front Desk and the Housekeeping teams. They both work hard to deliver a friendly atmosphere and a clean, comfortable room. It is how we work to continue to create a Great Hotel Guests Love.