“Nice and Spacy Room but Lots of Noise”

Candlewood Suites Las Vegas
Ranked #79 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
San Francisco
“Nice and Spacy Room but Lots of Noise”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I couldn't book the hotel on the strip that I wanted because they were sold out. So I might as well try to add some points to my IHG and booked at Candlewood. It doesn't look like much on the outside but the room inside was spacious and modern. I think it was renovated. I had a standard suite but even that was spacious with a large kitchenette, full size fridge, dishwasher, large working desk area and island table, etc. The clientele was that of mostly long-term Vegas stays. So the condition of the room was nice but there was a lot of noise from the poor construction in my opinion. The floor is wood so when the fat American neighbor walks above you, your wall would shake as if there is a magnitude 4.0 earthquake going on. Or when the next door neighbor lets his door slam close, the whole wall would shake. Another thing that would rattle the whole wall is the AC unit when it powers on and off. Also the room door has large gaps through the door and frame so you can hear people walking in the hallway and elevators pinging throughout the night. It also smells a bit from previous guests cooking inside. So if it wasn't for the high traffic from long-term hotel residents, this would be a nice alternative to the highrise on the strip. But the design of this hotel is for long-term guests not for the typical Vegas weekenders from out of town. Front desk staff is friendly and nice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank VDlong
GarryDickover, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your stay. We were delighted to read that you liked your room accommodations, but regret your stay was negatively impacted by the noise from guests both above you and next door to you. In the future, please inform our front desk immediately with any issues, so we have the opportunity to correct the problem. Our front desk is always available to help with any concerns that you may have.

Please feel free to contact me directly for your next stay.

Lisa Fowler
Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Mountain View, California
Reviewed 28 June 2014

When I first drove into the candlewood suite I though ugh. The outside is very and bland, the brown color of the hotel doesn't help. The staff at the check in was nice and check in went smooth. The hallway was also bland and I started to rethink staying here. Once I got to my room it was like a different hotel, the room was amazing. The room was great, it had pillow top mattress which was spectacular, I have never slept so well in a hotel. The room had a nice size TV and a fully stocked kitchen. I was there for a week and the refrigerator and stove in the room save me a bunch of money. the hotel is located near a target and food places. Unfortunately they allow pets and on my first night someone above me had their dog running around the room, which caused a bunch of noise. I called the front desk around 11pm and the front desk agent was very understandable and move me immediately. He made the transition to the new room easy. He did a great job. After the room move I didn't have any other problems and the rest of my stay was nice. Would defiantly stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Hotelman08
GarryDickover, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Thank you for your comments. I appreciate your feedback regarding the outside appearance of our hotel and the hallways. We are in the process of replacing the carpet in the hotel to provide a new, refreshing look. Any improvements we can make on the outside of the hotel will be looked into. I am glad to hear we were able to get you in a more quiet location so that you could enjoy your stay. It is comments like yours that help us create hotels that guests love. We look forward to welcoming you again!

Tiffani
Front Desk Supervisor
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Las Vegas Candlewood Suites for one night on IHG Reward points. The friendly and helpful front desk person upgraded me to a one-bedroom suite, which was beautifully renovated and spacious, with full size frig, microwave, 2-burner stovetop, and adequate dishes and utensils for a family of four. The location is quiet and close to restaurants and convenience stores, within walking distance to the noisier Strip.

The frig has an ice maker that is activiated by lifting a handle inside the freezer. It's a good idea to turn the ice maker OFF at night; it's very noisy! Other than that, this was an excellent stay and I would definitely return here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
GarryDickover, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for choosing the Candlewood Suites to redeem your reward points! We appreciate your loyalty as an IHG Rewards member and certainly Thank you for the comments regarding your stay. I am glad the location and comfort met your expectations; we look forward to seeing you when you travel back to Las Vegas!

All the Best,
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Enjoyed my stay at the Candlewood very much. All the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms were very nice and updated and clean. They provide an extended stay rate that offers a great value and provided IHG Platinum Elite recognition as well. Very close to the strip; walking distance during the non-110 degree summer days. Would stay again if paying for a room in Vegas!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Enrique R
GarryDickover, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments. Candlewood Suites prides itself in value; we love that our extended stay guests find our suites clean, comfortable, and convenient. I am glad to hear that you will return in the future, we look forward to seeing you again!
Natick, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We were very happy with the room for the week in May we were there. Booked it as part of an airline package and the price was reasonable. Always appreciate a kitchenette when we travel. Only complaint was that the fan on the AC was quite loud with the only 2 speeds either off or very high. Animals are allowed which could be a problem with smell or noise but wasn't on this stay. Far enough from the Strip so that a car is needed, but there was plenty of free parking. Only have housekeeping visits once a week but we liked the privacy.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 402jmcc
GarryDickover, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. We will look into the AC unit in this room to ensure that it is functioning properly. It is your comments that help us create great hotels that guests love.

All the Best,
Georgia
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I usually stay at the Luxor, but this past visit- it was full due to a boxing match. I stayed here at Candlewood Suites as a last resort, but I would stay here again- especially if I am staying for a few days. They had a mini kitchen which I liked. I liked the layout of the room and the beds. The lobby has a store for forgotten items too. I didn't smell anything weird like another reviewer did and around the corner from Candlewood was a really good indian restaurant named Gandi and a PF Changs & other restaurants. I did walk the entire strip starting here and it was a good workout. I didn't want to do it coming back- so I took a cab from around Planet Hollywood and it was $20. So, I liked the hotel but for short visits would rather stay on the strip closer to the middle.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank duane52
GarryDickover, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the Candlewood Suites Las Vegas on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you will come back and stay with us again if you are on a longer visit. For us, our best compliment is when someone returns to our hotel. Our team works hard to create a Great Hotel Guests Love and your comments continue to help us improve.

Garry Dickover
Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Not the best nor the worst. I liked everything except for the fantastic smell of.. cat pee?... I have a horrible sense of smell, too! I can only imagine how it would've smelled to someone else.
Everything else was completely wonderful! They do add on a city tax for the hotel room. I think it was $12 for mine.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
GarryDickover, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Las Vegas, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. Our team works hard to ensure a clean and comfortable hotel for our guests. We will review your comments and take the appropriate actions. Your comments are important to us in creating a Great Hotel Guests Love.

Garry Dickover