“Best Value in Las Vegas”

Candlewood Suites Las Vegas
Ranked #83 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
USA
“Best Value in Las Vegas”
Reviewed 19 October 2006

My husband and I have stayed here twice now, because it is the best value for a weekend in Las Vegas.

In my experience if you want to visit Vegas on a weekend the prices go sky high. Many of the hotels on the strip are $275 -$500 /night.

The Candlewood Suites, are basic, clean, friendly accommodations. Most importantly they are safe, and quiet and off the strip. It is nice to have downtime, away from the strip.
It feels homey and cozy.

In my opinion when you come to Vegas you don't come to relax in your hotel room, you come to enjoy the city, shows, clubs and night life. The only time we were in our room, was basically a couple hours in the morning and an hour before bedtime.

The beds seem a little small, but other than that it had a very cozy feeling. I was not too pleased with their soaps, and shampoos, but I always bring my own anyway.

In some cities it is important to invest in a great luxurious, expensive hotel, Vegas is not one of those cities. Parking is free at all the hotels and casinos so every morning after we woke up and got ready and had our breakfast we drove to a particular casino for their shows, gambling and fun etc. Then at night we would come back and enjoy our free popcorn and soda in bed with a free movie that they offer at the front desk.

As long as they stay safe, clean, affordable and efficient we will keep coming back.

I am not sure if this is the best deal during the week, I know during the week the prices on the Strip hotels are competitive, but I do know it's the best deal for weekends.

Stayed October 2006
8 Thank hotel2006av

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
suluu
Reviewed 10 October 2006

We stayed here so we could combine business with pleasure, making sure it was suitable for work. It was!

PERKS:
- we got an excellent price for the weekend, right off the hotel's website
- free internet in your room, good workspace, quiet
- mini kitchen, microwave, utensils, and full-size fridge- free snacks in your room: microwave popcorn, coffee (nice touch)
- great cable channels including food network, hgtv, hbo
- they have the Candlewood Cupboard - where you have a coupon for a free drink, and can go grab any snacks or drinks, using the honor system or filling out a charge slip
- pool
- clean room, nice size (we stayed in the studio suite)
- great location, 1 mile from strip on Paradise/Flamingo and free from traffic - just a quick zip to the hotel resort & casinos on the back roads
- free laundry! you can wash your clothes for free and they even provide the detergent!

• Liked — little perks, free internet, price
  • Disliked — not fancy
  • Tips/Secrets — use the website to get the rate, good if you want to avoid the rush of the "Strip"
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank suluu
cleveland
Reviewed 1 October 2006

I used my points for a one Friday night stay. Located about 0.50 miles from the Strip. Very clean. Full kitchen, stove, fridge. Fridge did not work when I got in. I had to reset the circuit breaker located inside the room. it beat waiting for maintenance. Some youths located outside were trying to slip in the side door to "sell some papers". They looked healthy enough but obviously pawns in some sort of scam. Hey it's Vegas, Baby. Otherwise the place was fine. You could hear some constant walking upstairs but the A/C mostly drowned it out. Starbucks and Bahama Breeze across the street.

• Stayed September 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Leemus
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2006

We booked one night here with Priority points, saw the poor reviews of few months ago and booked two nights at the Holiday Inn Express, so we can offer a comparison.

The Candlwood cost only 11,000 points compared to 25,000 per night at the Express. Both were clean, comfortable and very convenient for the strip. The express was a little better here and there; the pool was nicer the rooms smelt very fresh and clean, but I certainly didn't feel it was worth the extra points.

The Candlewood was quieter (no aircraft noise) and although we didn't use it, having a well equipped kitchen would be great for a longer stay. I liked the Candlewood cupboard; you can get into the small store using your room key, help yourself to whatever (pretty basic) food you needed and pay or charge to your room via an honesty box. Really nice to have fresh milk in our very English cup of tea for a change.

• Stayed May 2006
10 Thank katie48
South Bend, IN
Reviewed 28 February 2006

Stayed Feb 23-26, 2006 (Thursday thru Saturday nights) and had a great rewards stay at Candlewood Suites in Las Vegas. Was worrried after seeing their Trip Advisor rating drop over the last few months. But, for this last minute trip, I decided to give it a try especially since it was just me and everywhere on the strip was (as usual) priced really high for Friday and Saturday night while Candlewood Suites was available for a great rate of just 11,000 priority Club points per night.

For my stay in room 160 (first floor) ....

Staff at check-in and thruout my stay were all friendly and helpful.

Room and bathroom were very clean.

King bed was firm but that's the way mine is at home so I felt right at home with it.

Even Friday and Saturday nights there were no noise problems or other such issues but I may just have been lucky to be in a quiet wing with no one above me stomping around their room after 10 pm.

Made a long distance call back to Indiana (approx 3-4 minutes) and the charge was only 98 cents so they didn't gouge me for that like some places do.

Found the "store" there very useful to get a Coke (only 50 cents) and a snack so I didn't need to go out for that.

Having a room with no maid service during your stay is different especially for stays longer than mine but it was fine for me.

I made some coffee one morning (it was ok) but other than that I didn't make much use of the dishes, silverware, stove, refrigerator, microwave, or dishwasher but they were all there if you wanted to use them.

I don't mind walking (and I always do a ton of it in Vegas) but I had a car this trip because I knew this place was too far from the strip to walk. IMO, only Terribles is walking distance from here.

Because I hate driving in Vegas, I prefer staying on the strip (usually Sunday thru Thursday) but I would stay here again especially at the bargain rate of 11,000 Priority Club points per night. I wouldn't spend $125 a night as it sometimes is on the web site; up to $85 a night would be my limit for here.

• Stayed February 2006
8 Thank jgxtrav1
Grover Beach, California
Reviewed 31 January 2006

After reading some of the other reviews on here, I'm kind of flabbergasted. I wish my experience here was as good as others. When we arrived my husband checked us in. The front desk staff was rude, demanding and relatively incapable. She would not give directions as to where our hotel room was, so we ended up driving around the hotel checking doors to see where our room was. Not so fun after an 8 hour drive when you have to pee! We asked for a non-smoking room, with a king bed. We were never informed that they don't have king size beds, and were promptly given a DOUBLE bed instead. I'm sorry, two adults in a double bed is never comfy, especially not when your heavier as my husband and I are. The 'non-smoking' room WREAKS of cigarette smoke, the air conditioning is just as loud as the jets going over head. Which by the way, it seems like they are going to land in your room they are so loud. No housekeeping for less than 7 days, you have to change your own sheets, take out your own trash, and buy your own cleaning supplies if you want the bathroom cleaned. The rooms are very 'dank', with the walls pained a yellowed-version of 'off white'. Besides the bed being very small, comfortable is definately NOT a word I'd use to describe it. Even the linens feel like sandpaper! Also we had to rearrange furniture in order to access both sides of the bed! I've stayed in many hotels throughout the country, everything from motel 6 to Crowne Plaza. This is by FAR the worst hotel I've stayed in. If my husbands work wasn't paying for this (and it was pre-paid) we'd be out of here in a hot second. Motel 6 is better than this place...by a long shot! Don't waste your time, your money, or your effort in trying to deal with this place.

• Stayed January 2006, travelled on business
17 Thank yvieinca
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 9 December 2005

My wife and I and our 10-month-old twins recently stayed at Candlewood Suites and found the whole Candlewood facility excellent.

Our room had plenty of space for 2 cribs, a separate bedroom and the full kitchen including dishwasher and microwave was exactly what we needed for babies bottles plus a few meals in.

The free laundry facilities (located on every floor), plus the 24hour store were an added bonus while the location - a 15-minute walk to the strip – provided ample parking.

All in all, I highly recommend this place to anyone wanting somewhere clean with a good location without paying crazy strip prices.

• Stayed November 2005