Ok, here goes. January 2nd, 2007!!! I was sent to Vegas to assist a major Retail store. All of this was booked through their corporate website. When I arrived in Vegas, I went to go check in and was politely told that my credit card had been declined. I asked how much they were pre-authorizing and they told me that it was $316.40. (3 nights stay). I then told them that I did not have that much on any of my credit cards but would be more than happy to pay cash right then and there. No. "Without the credit card being charged, how would we know that the company reserved the room and I wasn't trying to get a discount?" "WHAT? Are you kidding me? I'm in Vegas and you don't accept CASH?" Not only did I HAVE to have $316.40 on my credit card, they would hold the funds for up to 10 days and when I checked out, I could pay cash if necessary. So, they are going to hold my credit card hostage and at the end of 3 days, I would pay them cash. Total outlay of $632.80 for 10 days with a refund of $316.40 in 7 more days. No thanks. I came back later that night, a little calmer and just wanted the room. I was then told that my reservation had been cancelled and that they would not rent a room without a credit card WITH $316.40 in funds. I was told that, "You could go to a lesser hotel that accepts cash - La Quinta next door." Never, ever, EVER will I stay at this hotel and I will recommend to any and all credit strapped travelers to avoid this place. In addition, I will recommend to the company that I work for never to reserve this hotel. Sorry that I didn't have anything good to write about this place. By the way...I'm sitting in my room at La Quinta typing this. La quinta isn't that bad. AND for $10.00 less, what more do I need? Have a great time, just not at Candlewood Suites, Las Vegas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home Bedding Collection. Candlewood Suites is not your traditional hotel, and that is the best part! At the Candlewood Suites Las Vegas we put the amenities where they really count: in the rooms! That means a big suite with a full kitchen and plenty of space to stretch out! The entire hotel is 100% non smoking. Each suite has a full kitchen complete with microwave, full sized refrigerator and all your utensils and pans to cook with. You can work efficiently at your oversized executive desk using high speed Internet/wireless as well as two separate phone lines, check email and talk on the phone at the same time. Relax in the overstuffed recliner while you enjoy a video borrowed from the hotel in your DVD player. Work off some stress in our fitness center or visit our Candlewood Cupboard. In the Candlewood Cupboard you can purchase meals, snacks, and sundry items at value prices. The Candlewood Suites Las Vegas is conveniently located to all the exciting spots that Vegas has to offer. We are .5 Miles from the fabulous Las Vegas 'Strip', 1 mile west of UNLV, 1 mile north of McCarran International Airport and .5 Miles from the Las Vegas Convention Center. Pets allowed with a non refundable fee based on length of stay. $50 For the 1st night and $10 each additional night, not to exceed $150. One pet allowed per suite, must weigh less than 80 lbs. Pet agreement must be signed at check in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candlewood Suites Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Candlewood Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Candlewood Suites